[HELP] Error Creating Installer with myHack

Marta Reis

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm using myHack to create the installer but I always get the same error message...

Mounting InstallESD.dmg

2012-07-05 22:17:34.034 defaults[3197:b07] The domain/default pair of (/Volumes/Mac OS X Install ESD/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion, ProductVersion) does not exist ERROR: Selection does not appear to be a valid OS X installation source.

Exiting.

:wallbash:

The Lion.app or InstallESD.dmg is not corrupted. I've used different files but I always got the same error. I can mount the dmg file normally and run lion.app. The files only became corrupted after I use myhack.

I'm using a USB stick and a macbook running 10.6.8.

Any clue of what might be wrong?

Thx

I'm letting myHack do everything. I'm just using the browser to locate the file once it is not able to do that.

Verify that the DMG is InstallESD.dmg (the volume name should Mac OS X Install ESD) and not something else.

I can't download the file from apple store it says I need a more powerfull machine. I'm just using this macbook to create he installer. But I'm using the same file you purchase online, exactly the same.

I've download two different files of that version of Lion and used them with myHack... the same error ocurred. Two different downloads, two different files but still the same error on myHack, which is beyond strange. I can assure you I could mount and run those same applications without any kind of error which is even more strange.

I really want to use myHack but I'm almost giving up. I guess I will be forced to use the method Hangten suggested on one of these posts.

Do you suggest something else?

Have you looked to see that the 2 files in that error message are present on the completed install USB? They are responsible for making sure your hardware is a mac that meets the minimum system requirements and a good, valid smbios is needed to pass the machine check. So make sure you have one, Chameleon Wizard can help you generate one. It will need to go in /Extra on the install USB. I can get u new copies of both those files to copy over to the USB manually and replace the 2 that are corrupt or missing, but need to know what version of Lion you have i.e. 10.7.3, 10.7.1 etc.

I'm not sure if I understood that right but I'll try it.

/Volumes/Mac OS X Install ESD/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion

or /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I had this problem, and it is solved:

my purchased download had something wrong: was the good size, was able to install OSX, but a checksum was not good.

Downloaded it again, and now it is ok.

To check, right clic on the install mountain lion app, then "show contents", go to shared support > InstallESD.dmg

Try to mount it: it is verified, then you may have something about cjecksum error.

Good luck.