[FIX Thanks eep357]help Lion iATKos L2

61 posts in this topic

OK, sounds like it's not working in either configuration if you can't change the resolution in 32bit. Prob just getting basic VESA mode at the moment. Make triple sure you are only using 1 injection method or enabler for your graphics card. All those ones you had initially picked when loading iatkos need to be deleted from System/Library/Extension and make sure there is not any in /Extra/Extensions as they will need to be deleted as well. Upgrade to the latest Chameleon build from here Enoch-rev.2003.pkg.zip Then rebuild the cache using kext wizard and try again with just chameleon's GraphicsEnabler=Yes

• Like 1

okay so i thing it has to to with the dev iD cuz i added a new line with DEV ID 1087 i found that on the system info program and it has that 1087. so when i booted the display worked!!! but when i checked the system information it reads nVidia GeForce GT 440 which is the incorrect card. the exact card i have is this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130738. I'm trying to find the exact dev id or i could be wrong

That's the correct device ID, assuming the subvendor and subdevice IDs are 19da:2207 then Fabio just added your card to Chameleon as of revision 1892 release end of May. I know he's been working on adding Nvidia stuff the last couple months. Try his most recent commit and see how it works Enoch-rev.2003.pkg.zip . You shouldn't need to enter device ID into kext.

nice newegg link btw :)

Not unless you went to Nvidia's website and got them yourself, so you'd be sure if you did. Have you updated to 10.7.4 yet? It may be as simple as cleaning up some of the edits you did to the info.plist, but no point if your still running 10.7.2 or 10.7.3 as will just need to redo it again after the update. If your already running 10.7.4 can you upload a copy of the info.plist you edited?

Update 2: couldn't upload the file so i just copied the content

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>

<string>English</string>

<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>

<string>NVDAGF100Hal</string>

<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>

<string>NVDAGF100Hal 7.12.9 270.05.10f03</string>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.nvidia.nvGF100hal</string>

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>

<string>6.0</string>

<key>CFBundleName</key>

<string>NVIDIA GF100 Resman Kernel Extension</string>

<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>

<string>KEXT</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>7.12.9</string>

<key>CFBundleSignature</key>

<string>????</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>7.1.2</string>

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>

<dict>

<key>NVidiaRM</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.nvidia.nvGF100hal</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>NVDAGF100HAL</string>

<key>IOMatchCategory</key>

<string>IOService</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>

0x06c010de&0xffe0ffff

0x0dc010de&0xffc0ffff

0x0e2010de&0xffe0ffff

0x0ee010de&0xffe0ffff

0x0f0010de&0xffc0ffff

0x104010de&0xffc0ffff

0x124010de&0xffc0ffff

0x120010de&0xffe0ffff

0x108710de&0xffc0ffff 0x108010de&0xffe0ffff

</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<integer>60000</integer>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleCompatibleVersion</key>

<string>1.2.0</string>

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.NVDAResman</key>

<string>1.2.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.iokit</key>

<string>9.0.0</string>

<key>com.apple.kpi.libkern</key>

<string>9.0.0</string>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>

<string>Safe Boot</string>

</dict>

</plist>

That kext version is from Lion 10.7.2, Lion 10.7.3 will be version 7.18.11 and Lion 10.7.4 version will be 7.18.18 and just for good measure the version from Lion 10.7.5 pre-release is 7.28.1

here is 10.7.4 version with your dev ID added. Since uploads are broken at them moment will link drop box, but will be deleting it before too long, so grab it if u want it. Nothing too special about it tho, just subbed in dev ID

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12515989/NVDAGF100Hal.kext.zip

why was your version from 10.7.2? cause it won't work if thats what you got going and won't work with the version of NVDAResman.kext you should have at the moment

If your positive you got 10.7.4 update installed, then prob best to wait until tomorrow when the servers hopefully fixed so we can upload files and photos again, and then u can post kextstat output, but without ability to upload anything atm, makes it very much harder to troubleshoot.

if you have dropbox you can put into public folder and make public link. To generate kextstat text in terminal type:

kextstat > ~/Desktop/kextstat.txt

that will create text version on your desktop