• 128 posts
  • Interests:iHustle
looks fake

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Notice....here we're talking about batteries exploding. This was not an explosion (I think we can all agree to that, as nobody's dead or maimed :P).

I know I'm a little late to the conversation, but

@Deltac0, according to the article it was a security camera, not a journalist's recording.

@eep357, my old MacBook battery also swelled up (it interfered with trackpad operation). :P But since it was under the 3rd-party seller's warranty I got it replaced.

What about the smoke? I have had several electronics of mine burn (including a nice HDD), and the smoke never looked like that...it was more like weaving smoke streams, not like puffy clouds. And always that burnt electronics smell that drives my family nuts...:rolleyes:...too bad cameras can't pick up smell (although that's a good thing too...) I have this eerie feeling that it was simulated, especially with the way the kid walked out of the car.

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh

The other thing that is obvious to me is the "security camera" movement. It looks like someone was holding a camcorder and trying hard not to move. Real security cameras are stationary and don't move at all as they're screwed in and/or mounted to a solid part of the building. Anyway, that's my take on it... "Trust but verify" is the mindset that I have when it comes to stuff like this...

The video is recorded from a screen, stupid finnish reporters... That was said in the original article.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy