TonyMacx86 and Mac Man Steal Again

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,224 posts

Please don't start here as well, the other topic was locked for a reason.

Mr.Darkwraith

Mr.Darkwraith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I think i can see why you guys are annoyed by him.

kosakgroove

kosakgroove

\m/ Self-belief is powerful far beyond imagination \m/

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Logic Pro, Clover EFI, Fixing Deep Sleep on my hack, Helping, Contributing

I find TonyMac's community a good one, if we speak about technical knowledge and resources. Their tools are a disgrace in my point of view, Chameleon always worked better than ***beast

They are nice place for people that just read about Hackintosh 5 minutes ago and wanna do it now, it's like the pastor guiding the sheep. Not cool for me, Ii is what I like in Insanely Mac, that you learn how to do stuff, otherwise why would you let someone do it for you.

Dont give a hungry man a fish, show him how to fish and give him a rod.

That's the beauty of this community :D

RehabMan is definitely one of the greatest experts I have seen, hardware and software wise. I just think that Tonymac's community is not acting right, and they are stealing many tools and revolutionary developments, and changing some little thing and putting a new name, and claim it their own, and putting aside money payments in this website, which I dont even wanna discuss, but of course, I find disgusting, a fellow "Hackintosher" does this kind of stuff for money, online.

It would be something helping a friend and he buys your beers, but doing this for profit?

What do you guys think?

shibuy4

shibuy4

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I find it quite humorous that I've found this exact post when googling "banned from tonymac" after being banned from tonymac for posting a completely alternative method to installing macOS that I accidentally stumbled upon, on custom intel based desktop/laptop hardware, using VMWare Player.

The reasoning was because I'd apparently violated the forum rules by "using a prebuilt vm image" which was untrue. I own a MacBookPro8,1 and used it to download the official macOS Sierra installer and created a completely vanilla usb installer.

Anyway my steps were this:

1) Download macOS Sierra installer on macbook & create vanilla usb installer.

2) Use usb installer with VMWare Player in ubuntu linux (doesn't work in windows). Edit some simple settings for boot to work.

3) Create new usb installer on macbook, using Clover for bootloader (or Chameleon for older machines).

4) Install macOS Sierra on target desktop/laptop to dedicated storage. Does not boot after install.

5) Open macOS Sierra under VMWare Player, open Carbon Copy Cloner (or alternative) and clone entire VM install to external hdd.

6) Use Clonezilla (or alternative) on target machine to clone VM macOS partition from external hdd to desktop/laptop internal hdd partition.

7) Boot macOS on desktop/laptop....it works!!!

8) Use native kext editing apps while running macOS to replace VMWare kexts with native ones if your hardware suits (CPU/GPU), or leave the VMWare kext for things like wifi ;)

9) Update from 10.12 to 10.12.1 via the app-store!!

I don't know enough about software to know why this works but it does. My desktop (i7 5960x, 980) and laptop (i5-3380m, integrated) don't really seem to come close to a "preferred build" which is what I thought was the point of this method, as I'd previously given up on the hackintosh scene since I own an actual macbook and didn't see the point in wasting more money building a desktop specifically to run macOS.

My thoughts about how I was banned from tonymacx86 for this is that they are obfuscating entirely different approaches to entry in to the hackintosh world. This especially rings true when googling for hackintosh support lands you on tonymacx86 forums most of the time.

It took me ages to come up with this, something I'm sure would have taken moments to think of if other hackintosh communities that didn't steal and obfuscate information populated Google's front page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy