TonyMacx86 and Mac Man Steal Again

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,949 posts
I was on Tonymacx86 for over a year and decided to start helping other with x79 motherboards. After several argument with several admins on why they kept recommending only Gigabyte boards I was suspended for one week. After that time had past I logged in and could no longer edit that thread. At that point I decided to remove my DSDT work from there site and removed all of the files.

I then created a blog and notified on my post on Tonymacx86 that I was moving my DSDT development to my blog. Now when I reposted the document I did accidentally leave there simbios in my extra folder which has since been removed. Now after all of this TonyMac and MacMan are reposting my files after I made it clear I was no longer interested in developing them on there site.

This is the Blog where I moved the development to:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/

I received this E-mail the other day from both of them. In this e-mail they are claiming that I stole my own posts.:

You have copyrighted content of LLC on your blog along with redistributing tonymacx86.com files on dropbox.

Specifically the offending content is in the following posts:

http://rampagedev.wo...nd-amdati-gpus/

These posts are word for word copies of forum posts and the Extra.zip file contains tonymacx86 files and must be removed immediately.

If all of this infringing content is not removed within 48 hours we will pursue this takedown notice with Automattic Inc., Dropbox, Inc. and the authorities.

MacMan and tonymacx86

This is showing them trying to get other users to repost my files:

Posted Image

TheRacerMaster

TheRacerMaster

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I normally don't like it when sites like InsanelyMac hate TonyMac, but this is unacceptable. There is NO rule about only Gigabyte boards...well I welcome you to InsanelyMac. So if you upload a file on TonyMacx86, it's automatically theirs? Wow...

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,949 posts

I normally don't like it when sites like InsanelyMac hate TonyMac, but this is unacceptable. There is NO rule about only Gigabyte boards...well I welcome you to InsanelyMac. So if you upload a file on TonyMacx86, it's automatically theirs? Wow...

Yep, all they are doing is holding back the community as a hole and the are pushing out people like me who want to help others.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,301 posts

I normally don't like it when sites like InsanelyMac hate TonyMac, but this is unacceptable.

We don't "hate" them. We don't hate anybody. We want to keep moral standards high, safeguard genuine developers, and certainly we don't steal from our users

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=279451

And let me stress once again: http://prasys.info/2...ymac-seriously/

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• News Team
  • 1,154 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)
Since when are files uploaded on public forums labeled copyright? The goons running tonymac obviously don't know the legalities of what copyright means.

Here's a quote from their forum rules and registration

As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent,

Their own words speak for itself.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,949 posts
Exactly, they have have blocked my ip address when i just checked right now. They are belatedly breaking there own rule.

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• News Team
  • 1,154 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)
You could just hop on a proxy and go peak around their site if your current IP is blocked. It's not even their rules breaking I'm picking at the most, it's the whole copyright thing they believe they are entitled to.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,949 posts
The have now filed a complaint with word press and as of 1:00 am EST my blog has been shut down:

rampagedev.wordpress.com

This is now out right harassment.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,949 posts
My blog has since been restored I am happy to report.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
lol those guys are such clowns.

i think their slogan should be
"ToNYMac Helping Noobies Stay Clueless Since .. NOT LONG AGO!"

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
I just spent a few minutes browsing your blog and bookmarked it.

It looks very helpful. Thanks for your generous donation of time to this community ;)

Back in March I had an X79 ASUS thread on Tonymac until I started to run into issues with admins. I ended up deleting the thread and removing all files that I edited. My edited kexts and ALC898 method ended up in ###### on the next release with no attribution. Granted they were easy for a real programmer probably, but took me 40 hours of reading guides and testing.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,646 posts

I normally don't like it when sites like InsanelyMac hate TonyMac, but this is unacceptable.

InsanelyMac dont't hate TonyMac ! But our position is very clear here : http://www.insanelym...howtopic=279450

There is NO rule about only Gigabyte boards

And there's NO rule about others motherboards too ! If they would talk only about one motherboards manufacturer, there's no problem, it's there own choice ! Here on InsanelyMac we talk about a maximum of motherboard manufacturers, there's no problem too, it's our own choice too !

Pls, don't mix all !!!

Cordially

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,949 posts

I just spent a few minutes browsing your blog and bookmarked it.

It looks very helpful. Thanks for your generous donation of time to this community ;)

Back in March I had an X79 ASUS thread on Tonymac until I started to run into issues with admins. I ended up deleting the thread and removing all files that I edited. My edited kexts and ALC898 method ended up in ###### on the next release with no attribution. Granted they were easy for a real programmer probably, but took me 40 hours of reading guides and testing.

Thanks for appreciating my work. I just like to have everything organized so new users can understand how to do things. I try to make my guides as clear and as easy as I can. They are not perfect but thats what the edit button is for. :)

iWin32

iWin32

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Here To Help, I read in disgust on how Tonymacx86 ripped off your work. I know that InsanelyMac doesn't support him, and I for one had a wierdly different vibe when seeing tutorials using Tonymacx86's "work" vs. any other OSx86 developer's work, and I never knew why... until now!!!

This didn't occur to me before, but what if there is a connection to Tonymacx86 and Psystar. I mean, when you think about it, Psystar sold "Intel Mac Clones" using OSx86's hacks, and when the whole Apple Lawsuit came around, they released Boot-132 knock-off Rebel EFI. The court issued an injuction, and their site was shut down shortly afterwards. Then, Tonymacx86 shows up around the same time (according to dates on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psystar and Tonymacx86's whois records, which is through Domains by Proxy, but registered in 2010). They re-branded Chameleon as Chamera, and is just stealing other people's work. And to think I used his rBoot-LE!!

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,949 posts
This is from "their" realtek ethernet kext:

Driver

End User License

Copyright ©2010-2011 by Lnx2Mac@gmail.com

All Rights Reserved

Portions Copyright: ©2011 RealTek Semiconductor Corp. , ©2009 Chuck Fry , ©2008 Psystar Corporation , ©2006 Dmitri Arekhta

coelomate1

coelomate1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
ha ha, so weird because there is a thread over there with "who's the real tonymac" and that was my exact thought, ex-psystar. It just lines up perfectly and your subconscious brings the idea to you. It is the way that they are F****** with Apple by calling everything "Mac"

Tony Mac
Mac Man
Lnx2 Mac
Cust-o-Mac

I few years ago when the site was relatively small I made a post suggesting that it was probably not a good idea to make such obviously similar names to Apple hardware. Tmac himself deleted the post and PM'd me that he wasn't interested in having that conversation. Lol, I swear it is psystar just rubbing {censored} in Apple's eye saying we can do this anyway and make money off the advertising.

What will really be crazy is if any legitimate brand (Synology, etc) is actually paying that site for "reviews"

I was a daily visitor to tonymacx86 for years, but the site has really changed its vibe. It really does feel commercial now and the mods are deleting so many posts it is ridiculous. I only know because I've been PM people and finding out that their posts are getting ghosted too. Ahh, good riddance. Hopefully Apple fells a hammer on them or other devs take a strong stand and push back against their ##### borg.

cili0

cili0

InsanelyMacaholic

• FAQ Team
  • 3,008 posts
The more this feud goes on the more absurd it becomes. In my opinion this situation is due to the fact that The OSx86 world is still suffering from its original 'underground nature' and it's now struggling to embrace a 'standard' open-source model, which is made of crystal-clear licenses, rights and duties.

my 2 cents,
cili0.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,301 posts
Actually the matter is very simple. When you steal from others you are always wrong.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,458 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Wow, this behavior is totally and utterly disrespectful - as if they were the Internet monarchy or something! It's like they're trying to totally monopolizing OSx86 so that they can just make money!

This just makes me sad, really - the community should be mutually friendly and respectful toward one another, and instead various others incite spiteful relations. :(

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,949 posts
I agree. The community should be open and respectful to others but sadly with all things people will try steal other peoples work for the benefit of themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy