I've got 10.7.2 running on my HP Pavilion dv7-4280us, but I'm having trouble getting proper graphics, wifi, and my internal microphone working.
Graphics Issue (ATI Mobility Radeon 6550M / Intel HD3000)
Currently it boots into OS X with the Intel graphics from my i5-480M, but without a kext, so I don't have QE/CI right now.
Here's what I've gathered from the Internet so far, though I don't know how reliable the information is:
- Because this model has switchable graphics, the only way to enable the ATI card is by modding the BIOS (I'd prefer not to mod it though)
- My Intel graphics have a strange device id, compared with other models of HD 3000 graphics (0046:8086, rather than 01xx:8086), and it doesn't look like people have had a lot of luck with it.
- Even though the system is running on Intel graphics, the ATI card may still be powered on, causing excessive battery drain.
- Is there a way to disable Intel graphics and use the ATI card without modifying the BIOS?
- If not, how can I get QE/CI working on my Intel chip?
- If the ATI card is indeed still powered on, how can I turn it off? (I've heard through DSDT, but there isn't a DSDT that exists for my model)
My Broadcom wireless card (which is evidently the same model used in late model MacBook Pro/Air) doesn't seem to be working for me. I've read around and found that other people are having trouble with this model, but I haven't found a solution that's worked for me yet. I've read that people have modified the chip's firmware and even their BIOS, but I would really prefer to not do that (because I still have to use the card on Windows).
Audio Issue (IDT High Definition Audio w/ Beats)
My system has an integrated IDT audio card. I installed the VoodooHDA kext from http://www.osx86.net...p?do=file&id=22, and everything is working except for the microphone. When I updated to the latest VoodooHDA drivers, it caused the system to stop booting with the infamous "Still waiting for root device" error, so I had to roll back. The microphone in this model seems to be integrated with the webcam (which is working), so I don't know whether I can actually use it or not.
System: HP Pavilion dv7-4280us
OS X Version: 10.7.2
Processor: Intel Core i5-480M
GPU: Intel HD 3000 / ATI Mobility Radeon 6550M
Wireless: Broadcom BCM43224AG
If anyone can help with any of these issues at all, it would be HUGELY appreciated.