• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

breetai

breetai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everyone, im trying to get the sound working on a gigabyte ga-h61m-usb3-b3 running an alc889. So far no kext has worked out. All i can get is an intel high def device to show but i can't select it on the audio settings. I uploaded some pictures so you guys can see how does it looks like. Everything else works fine!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Update. So I decided to do a clean install but this time not using the distribution kexts and only did basic install. Of course no audio was detected so I used ##### with patched applehda and 889enabler now this time i could see an audio device, with id 889 but again no output or input to select on audio settings. Posted ImagePosted Image

Vienen

Vienen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
I had this same problem with ALC888. Nothing worked for me. Then i tried VoodooHDA kext and it worked but the sound is noisy. You can try VoodooHDA but remove AppleHDA and ALC889 kexts from S/L/E before installing or you will get Kernel Panic. Im still working on this to get AppleHDA working. I'll let you know.

WhizZ

WhizZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
You need to patch your DSDT too ;) Search the Pin Configurations for ALC889

Try this

Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x05
})
}
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
},
"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

And the Kext in attachment, be sure to delete every kext you installed to make sound work. And give it a try (:

Attached Files

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
1. Remove every injector you have installed: ALC8xx.kext, ALC8xxHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext, 8xxHDAEnabler.kext, etc..
2. Install ALC889 AppleHDA from MBeast 4.6.
3. If there's no sound, so you have not a DSDT (or not patched correctly). Please, extract your DSDT and attach it here, i'll patch it for Realtek ALC889.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,301 posts
@ everybody. Discussion of tonymac tools is forbidden in this forum. Topic closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy