Greetings from California

Rowas

1 post in this topic

Hello. I go by Rowas and I have been involved with computers since a very young age. However, OSX86 is a new venture for me, and I have yet to learn how to evade all the issues that come up during installation.

I just recently built a computer from the ground up which would be the first decent computer I've ever had. It was by chance that my hardware would later prove very compatible with a Snow leopard installation. It took me every day and night for two weeks learning everything about enablers, kexts, bootloaders, partition schemes, etc. and followed no guides. Today, it serves me very well and I have it as a Win/Mac multiboot system which I have refined and solidified in my spare time. It is now complete with a backup repository of restore images and an emergency system that I can fall back on to bail me out.

It regularly draws attention when people observe a large black computer running Mac. :D

I have to say that this entire experience has liberated me of any misconception that I had of Mac OSX and I now have respect for all OSes.