6 replies to this topic

johnlocke2342

johnlocke2342

4 8 15 16 23 42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
Hi.
I got ML DP4 up and running on my hackintosh. It runs really fine and doesn't feel like a beta. I have one little problem though. If I'm booting from the hard drive, the boot process hangs, but works just fine if I boot from my USB install drive. I tried the latest Chameleon, the one installed by MyHack (which is the same as the one installed on my USB drive), Chimera... Nothing works.
If anyone can help, my setup is in my signature. Thanks in advance.

snoozepops

snoozepops

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:conversation, games, reading
Hello. I had the same problem and fixed it by:
1 install chameleon and choose a theme so that an Extra folder will be created.
2 copied the smbios.plist from a working Lion installation into the Extra folder.
3 placed FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, JMicron36xATA.kext, JMicronATA.kext, and ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext in the System/Library/Extensions folder.
4 rebooted with -f.
Hope this helps.

johnlocke2342

johnlocke2342

4 8 15 16 23 42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
Hi and thanks for the answer.
I already did steps 1-3, tried booting with -f (following your advice), it didn't solve my problem.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Ummm, why aren't you booting verbose by using using -v to see why it's hanging up? Should always use verbose boot until you have 100% stable release after numerous shut downs and restarts.

snoozepops

snoozepops

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:conversation, games, reading
Hi Johnlocke2342. Try this chameleon :h**p://www.osx86.net/view/2848-chameleon_r2000_-_mountain_lion_%5Bupdated_...html.It is working fine for me. Use the one at the top of the list (the newest one). Let me know if you are successful. Also be sure you have the correct kexts for your hard disk installed.

Duncan Leo

Duncan Leo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Look into the org.chameleon.Boot.plist on the USB drive, see what options you might want to include on the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in your hard drive.

johnlocke2342

johnlocke2342

4 8 15 16 23 42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
Hi, all. I tried many stuff, and numerous builds of Chameleon, didn't work. Yesterday, I updated to the GM of ML, now everything works fine.
Thanks everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy