Strange problem BCM94321 MC wireless card works on asus mobo but not on ga mobos

starobrno1

10 posts in this topic

BroadCom BCM94321MC MINI-PCI-E 802.11N

I bought this card on ebay and put together a home made airport card. It works perfect with my asus p6t se mobo but wont work with my ga ep 45 ds 3or my ga p35 ds3 r.

The ga mobos will see the card but it wont work and osx acts really sluggish. The fact is I use the same cloned 10.6.8 osx from a real imac for all three computers.

I even deleted the onboard network in the settings, boot plist onboard network is set to to no and I also unactivated network in bios but it doesnt help.

I use the same kexts in extra and dsdts are the right ones for each mobo.

Help lol

• Like 1

Yes I am using dsdt but I did not remove irq s. Since I didnt have to on the Asus mobo I figured I shouldnt have to do it on the GA mobos either. So what you say is I should remove them in the dsdt s or reserve irq s in bios?

or try different slot.

also check in dsdt ... Device (PCI0) does it have _ADR or _UID, 0x01 ??? osx likes 0x00 also known as Zero

what smbios.plist model is it faking?

check it with chameleon wizard.

also the irqs issue in HPET might be issue

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=274409&view=findpost&p=1829171

I tried changing by adding two more in the HPET (11 and 15) it made no difference. Im gonna try play around with it some more though. Im pretty sure youre right that theres a conflict in the irq part cause I have two pcie videocards in this computer.

I tried changing stuff in the DSDT HPET part, all the combinations I can come up with but it just doesnt work. So there just got to be somekind of problem with these older GA mobos Bios and IRQ since a little more up to date Asus mobo handles it just fine.