How to install Hackintosh (every kind of hackintosh) on an ACER 5538G

antoniotomeo

14 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone! I'm an Italian Boy who loves Mac but doesn0't have enough money to buy one (sorry for my bad english). Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum for help! I have an Acer 5538G with Windows 8, I would like to install an hackintosh on it. I already tried, but i always have kenel panic. Only once i installed mac osx 10.4 but there were no kext for it (-.-). I need help if it it possible. Thanks :)

What version of OSX where you using when you received the kernel panic and also can you boot into -V and take a picture of the error?

Also are you using a disktro?

Edit also you need a Patched kerel because your computer has a AMD processer.

Not to toot my own horn, but the guide RacerMaster posted is very good, which is the exact same thing Racer and James have been saying in more detail. :)

If I get a kernel panic? What can I do? :)

EDIT

I do not understand the part where the guide says: "Step 1: You will need to find out the PNP ID for your features you want to work, such as Ethernet, Wireless, Graphics, etc. This is one of the most important steps!!! Do NOT skip this step, or you will go through many pains trying to figure your IDs out when things don't work out-of-the-box.

From Windows, download Unknown Devices (linked below; download version 1.2 for XP, and the beta for Vista/7) and open it. Then look for things such as VGA-Compatible Controller, Ethernet Controller, etc. as shown in the linked screen shot. Click the plus box for the controller and for PNP ID and write down the four numbers/letters after VEN_ and DEV_. If Unknown Devices doesn't work, use the Device Manager in Windows; you simply double-click the hardware, choose the Details tab, and either choose Device Instance IDs (XP) or Hardware IDs (Vista/7).

From Linux, open the Terminal and type lspci -nn > pciids.txt. This will save a document called pciids.txt in your home folder where you can easily access it."

What is it needed for? I do not find the PNP ID (Now I am on Windows 8 Consumer Preview)

Finding the PNP ID is needed after installation if some hardware doesn't work; it is used to patch drivers. I don't know if there is a thing with Win8 and finding the IDs (I haven't used the preview); try the Linux method.

This isn't necessary for installation itself, but very good to have. I have always done it with my builds it saves a lot of time later. :)

As for KPs (kernel panics), every one is different, so if you get one then we'll solve it based on what it says; be sure to take a picture.

Ok, I installed Snow leopard without any kind of problem. Quite everything works. But now I have 3 issues:

1, I can only boot with mod cd inserted.

2, I don't know how to update (now I'm on 10.6)

3.My graphic cards doesn't work well (It's a Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4330 and I had the ID).

Can Anyone Help me? Thanks.

1. Install chameleon to your hard drive.

Create the directory /Extra.

Add your smbios.plist and org.chameleon.Boot.plist to /Extra (look in your boot cd, use these as a base)

Add any kexts to /Extra/Extensions

Reset permissions

Rebuild caches

Reboot

2. Backup your partition using Disk Utility or Carbon Copy Cloner.

Download the 10.6.8 combo update and run it

3. Google "ATI mobility radeon 430 Snow Leopard" without the quotes. You may have luck, it depends how the card is mounted on the board.