Alienware m14x

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm new to the forums, so please forgive me if there is already a topic on this somewhere.

I've installed Mac OS X 10.6 on my Alienware M14x and it boots fine, and is operational (minus the USB, network, audio and QE/CI as I have not installed any kexts for them yet, and I intend to later if someone can help me with my current problem)

When I update to 10.6.7 (since 10.6.8 direct updates give me a kernel panic), both my i Boot CD or the Chimera bootloader I installed to the hard drive cannot boot correctly. When I try to boot with chimera, it instantly crashes to the bios, even with the verbose boot flag listed. When I use i Boot, it cannot find the hard drive and constantly say "still waiting for root device"

So, my current problem is that I cannot get into OS X at all and I've tried looking everywhere on multiple forums for help, but everything I've tried doesn't work. Here are my specs:

Alienware M14x R1

Intel Core i5 2410M 2.30 GHz

8 GB DDR3 1330MHz RAM

Intel HD Graphics 3000/NVIDIA GeForce GT 555m Graphics Card

Seagate Momentus 9750420AS 750GB Hard Drive

My SATA settings are already set to ACHI mode.

Any help please?

Just in case: I legally own a copy of Mac OS X Snow Leopard (and Lion as well, but the osx86project wiki said to go with a snow leopard install first, but I can't even get that running. :worried_anim: )

UPDATE: While looking through the verbose boot log, I found that i Boot wasn't loading my AHCI driver for some reason. The specific error is:

"Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort failed to load (error 0xdc008016)"

I'm assuming that this means I need a chipset driver. Now the question is where to find one. It's a good thing I put ###### on a CD-RW so I can add kexts to it.