10.6.8 Combo Update Errors

stracjd

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

First off let me tell you my build.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge

MOBO: GA-Z68XP-UD3 (F10)

RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 8GB 1333 (Only using 4GB for install)

I also have a HIS HD 4850 IceQ 4 but I am not going to use it for the install because I plan on getting another GPU next month.

I am wondering what is going on when I try to run the Combo Update 10.6.8. I have downloaded the file from Apple 6 times and every single time I get the following error.

MacOSXUpdCombo 10.6.8.dmg invalid checkcum

I have tried everything that I have come across in the forums and nothing seems to work. Either I freeze at the apple logo or the loading wheel spins for 100 hours and nothing happens.

- x

- GraphicsEnable-NO

- PCIRootUID= 0

Nothing is working.

I have reinstalled OSX 10.6 several times with no luck.

The steps that I am taking to update:

-Boot from ###### and install OSX 10.6

-Once installed run update helper

-Reboot

-Run Update 10.6.8

-Then I get the error

I have also tried installing and running the update before installing update helper and I still get the error.

I have tried running ###### and then the Combo Update but I get the same thing. I also tried running ###### and just the Combo Update but still getting the same error as above.

I am kinda lost here. Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Sad Hackintosh Noob

If RAM checks out OK, problem could be with one of the installation tools/helpers you are using, in which case the site that provided them would probably be the best source for any additional directions or tech support. Hope u get everything up and running soon!