So for the people with a similar setup, here's my method and what Does(n't) work. Followed by questions, Stay tuned~
- Asus M5A97 Motherboard
- AMD FX-8150 (8-Core) CPU @ Factory Clock
- 16 GB RAM
- Nvidia GTX 560 Ti (PNY XLR8 version)
- Linksys WMP300N
- Corsair 128 GB SSD
- I used TM's Legacy Boot CD. It's about 1 year old. Bite me.
- I used Asus' Optimal Settings in the BIOS, with some changes to the Power management (pretty much all disabled on the page with C1E state options)
- After booting and refreshing to see the install disk, enter in: FixFSB=Yes PciRoot=1 -v. PCIRoot is option depending if you have a compatible Graphics card or not.
- Run through the installation process.
- Go back to TM's Legacy boot screen.
- This time, hover over your HSF+ parition. Enter this: FixFSB=Yes PciRoot=1 MaxCPU=1 Maxmem=4096 Arch=i386
- It took probably 10 second to boot.
Things That Don't work(On my system)
- Audio (I'm using the Realtek audio output instead of the HDMI output on the GTX 560)
- Graphics Acceleration
- Wifi (A simple Kext edit will enable the broadcom version of the WMP300n. Euro ones work OOTB)
- Full memory usage (?)
- How can I upgrade from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8? Is their a standard update package?
- After I update to 10.6.8, I'm assuming I can just update to Lion and use MagicMod CD. Is this correct?
- What's a good all-in-one kext installer/DSDT patcher? (Similar to Mutibea...you know.)