Mac OS X on ASUS N53SV-S1779V ?

Srynetix

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I need some help and advices.

I've already tried to install Mac OS X 10.6 on my desktop computer one year ago, and I almost suceeded (the video card wasn't recognized (ATI HD5830)).

However, today I want to install Mac OS X on my new laptop, the ASUS N53SV-S1779V.

I've already searched posts about the N53SV, but either i don't understand (because it's writed in another language than French and English), or it's about another N53SV with a slightly different configuration. I've tried the Snow Leopard DVD + ModUSB, it installs fine (even if sometimes it just crash), but I don't know how to configure the system to make it recognize my graphic card, CPU, etc.

Here are my notebook's specs:

• Screen: 15.6’’ WUXGA Full HD LED BackLight (1920×1080)
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM (2,2 GHz)
  • RAM: 8 Go
  • GPU: Intel GMA HD 3000 and nVidia GeForce GT 540M (nVidia Optimus)
  • Wireless: Intel WiFi Link 1000

For the wireless card, I already know that Intel kexts are inexistant for this one, I will surely buy a WiFi dongle, so if you know a good one, tell me.

I hope that someone will respond to me and help me to FINALLY install this on my notebook. ^_^

Moreover, if a Lion installation is possible on this laptop with all of the drivers correctly loaded, I would like to have some links to a tutorial or some explanations, with links to kexts, if it's possible.

P.S.: If someone is interested, I want a Mac installation for "creation", like graphic creation, music creation (the major reason), and programming.

P.P.S: I'm French, so if my English isn't perfect, that's quite normal. :D

Your PC should go nice with Lion/Snow Leopard. The CPU will be natively supported by the OS. But only the HD3000 will work with the OS unless you have an option in the BIOS to load the OS with dedicated card (GT540m). By the way, the HD3000 should be natively supported as the processor.

Bye,

-giofrida

Thanks for your reply.

But is there any way to make the GT540M work ?

The 1920x1080 resolution will be recognized with the HD3000 ?

If I only use the HD3000, will I be limited graphically because it's not really powerful ?