[FIXED] Intel GMA HD 5700MHD

All Kand

107 posts in this topic

Hi Guys!

This only works with 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD. Leopard unsure, Lion/ML doesn't work.

First, follow this guide here. http://www.insanelym...pic=223754&st=0

Once you have the transparent menubar running, you will realise that there are lots of distortions.

Fret not!

Firstly, enable Screen Sharing. Make sure you allow VNC connections. Set a password for VNC clients.

Then, get Chicken of The VNC. It's a VNC client. Get it set up and connected to your own hackintosh. Use the option 'View Only'.

Run the client on your the machine with the GMA 5700. That's right - run it on the very same machine. KEEP IT RUNNING.

You will realise that there are no more distortions! Now, you can watch Powerpoints and set Screensavers!

However...

I'm not sure about sleep and how to get Chicken of the VNC running at startup.

NOTE:

Minimise the VNC client. Use the desktop as normal. I'm not asking you to watch your PC thru a VNC client. You will notice that the display in the client might be distorted.

• Like 1

Hi, i followed the guide some months ago. Where i can enable Screen Sharing? And this guide resolves also resolutions?

EDIT: Resolved my problem, this guide solves only distortion lines. BTW, great guide!! For me worked!!

I want to attach a screenshot but i can't! Every screenshot are BLACK!! Why?

Thank you,

-giofrida

Hi giofrida, i've seen some of your posts in other gma 5700 threads.

This is a really special case of graphics cards, as other cards (Intel,NVIDIA,ATI) that have been used in macs with graphics switching have also been used alone. For example,

MacBookPro6,1 and 6,2 have Intel HD 5700 + Nvidia 330M. However, MacBookPro 7,1 only has the NVIDIA 330M. If someone uses a 330m, he will get full support. If someone uses GMA 5700, like us, we have to live with the working around of the hardware graphics switcher. We are more fortunate than 4500M users whose card was never used by Apple.

In this case, there is some level of QE/CI. This is really obvious as EVERYTHING works but Sleep and Grab.There are other programs that allow you to capture the screen without QE/CI which some hackintosh users are using. Btw the Grab on my hackintosh doesn't work either. i will try to find a program.

• 2 weeks later...

i have been learning programming and i was mostly testing my skills on this problem of resolution, today i have tried to write on the registers of our chipset on my laptop and it seems i have the native resolution except the screen is devided 3/4 but i can still see my desktop and aspect ratio seems to be ok. works on 10.6.2 and 10.6.7 with partial qe/ci i used applesamplePCI kext sources and add codes to write and read timings registers on pipe A, i wanted to attach screen shots but i couldn't take one. i would like to ask guys with some knowledge on programming to help us coz there is so many terms i didnt understood on intels doc but i think if we discus them i may get some light on it. i have attached the kext and here are the steps if u would like to test it but remember do it at your own risk

the uploading fails next time, i don't know what is the problem maybe permissions

steps

1- download the file from http://www.mediafire...p8dx3y6zxxzdt6m

2-get kext wizard and run it

3-click on the kext info button

4-click check wait for results

5-click load kext

6-you should see the resolution change if it doesn't work pls report back remember the screen is 3/4 full horizontally so there is a part which is a duplicate of the left side don't report that coz its what am trying to figure it out.

7-unloading steps

8-on kext wizard click loaded, search for AppleSamplePCI.kext

9- select that kext and click on the button with an arrow on the left down corner then select unload

10-dont install coz it may not work and make you unable to boot

11-post your results below

so far it seems the uploading issue is persisting and began since 8th July

As far as the uploading goes, make sure that you have the kext compressed in some format, like .zip. If it still isn't working, try uploading the kext on a file sharing site, like mediafire, and post the link to that here.

check my previous post #10 i have uploaded the kext file in mediafire so u can check it

and i expect it to work on panel with native resolution of 1366X768

and other supported settings like below.

Horizontal Total = 1432

Horizontal Active = 1366

Horizontal Blank end = 1432

Horizontal Blank start = 1366

Horizontal sync end = 1422

Horizontal sync start = 1398

Vertical Total = 806

Vertical Active = 768

Vertical Blank end = 806

Vertical Blank start = 768

Vertical Sync end = 775

Vertical Sync start = 771

coz this is what the kext will write on the device registers of GMA HD 5700

To G62 and his new kext:

I tested it out, and I'm having a completely different problem than 3/4 of the screen. It's hard to explain without showing you the screen in motion, so here is a brief YouTube video explaining it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVnk_LJGyZI

So, I'm not sure if this is relevent, but are you loading the kext with acceleration as described above? I'm currently using the Vanilla Kernel with 10.6.7 without acceleration. I had previously used it before the whole VNC idea came about, and currently don't require acceleration, but I will put it back if you used it.

To G62 and his new kext:

I tested it out, and I'm having a completely different problem than 3/4 of the screen. It's hard to explain without showing you the screen in motion, so here is a brief YouTube video explaining it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVnk_LJGyZI

So, I'm not sure if this is relevent, but are you loading the kext with acceleration as described above? I'm currently using the Vanilla Kernel with 10.6.7 without acceleration. I had previously used it before the whole VNC idea came about, and currently don't require acceleration, but I will put it back if you used it.

is your settings like what i mentioned above?. i will upload a video to show you mine soon

Man you're a genius!! it worked for me (3/4 of screen but now i can see more definite) here is a screen from my hd webcam 281akw0.jpg

Anyway this kext report screen in correct 1024x768 resolution with correct aspect ratio,that's why the screen is 3/4.If we unlock 1366x768 resolution,this problem go out

the problem of 3/4 might be coused by the os coz in the kext i cant add resolution to the os due to the class in which it was written so i think the hardware is at 1366x768 but the os at 1024x768 thats why it fill the remaining part with a copy of the same desktop so if i will be able to write a working framebuffer it will solve this issue since the hardware is allready at right configuration

• Like 1

so if you can "mod" framebuffer the problem is solved?

EDIT - G62's kext can be installed correctly.After installed you should boot OSX with arch=i386 (32bit) and kext load correctly and the desktop show.

no today i was working on data M/N/TU registers and the screen seem to display full width but blinking with just white gray and red screen so i think i didnt get the values right if anyone knows how to calculate these values accurately i will appreciate your help

the formula is Data M/N = DotClk * BytesPerPixel/ls_clk*# of lanes. i think i didnt get the meaning of ls_clk in some of online docs they define ls_clk as line symbol clock and in xfree.org defined as link clock (1.62GHz or something like 2.7GHz) but am looking forward for help, my intention is to enable this one resolution first then i think it will be easy to add another from EDID implementation and add user inputs in info.plist so that everyone can add configuration of his/her monitor/panel

Ok (I hope I am not mistaken) the formula for me is : DotCLK (?) * 256 (BytesPerPixel)/2,7 or 1,6 * 16 (number of lanes).the only thing I miss is DotCLK but the formula is correct?

DotClk=V total * H total * Refreshrate so 1432*806*60= 69.3MHz

or calculating the dot frequency is: D x 1.25 x fH (the number of dots in a line multiplied by a constant between 1.25 and 1.3 multiplied by the horizontal scanning frequency).

bytesperpixel should be equal to pixel depth which is 32bit so it is 4 or 3 without chromaticity 8bits

# of lanes in intel docs for LVDS port is 4

link clock (?)

also the result is a ratio of M/N but i didnt find anywhere with a relationship of M and N so i cant solve for M value alone or N

which is a major challenge also there is ambiguity in words dotclk and pixelClock

couse in link M/N=pixelClk/ls_clk

i have found some doc with explanation on these values they are used to control clocks (phase locked loop(PLL)) n i found they are not necessary for the time being since the hardware default works fine i tried to change the resolution to 1024*768 n it fill the whole screen but if i change it to 1280*800 it shows a duplicate on right and bottom with correct aspect ratio so according to my understanding the issue is due to the os producing smaller picture on the larger screen so the solution is to add the resolution in the frame buffer coz its where we can add these resolution to the os

• Like 1