[solved]Sapphire 5770+10.7.4 odd artifacts/line when starting Flash/ Quicktime

myradon

12 posts in this topic

My hackintosh is suffering from a artifacts/ a horizontal line (shifted display) at the bottom of the page of the secondary display when starting to display Adobe Flash in the browser eg. at Youtube or displaying Quicktime-App in OS X Lion 10.7.4. Only system definition MacPro 3,1 doesn't have this problem. I want to have multiple P-states that's why I'm not using MP3,1.

<key>AtiConfig</key><string>Vervet</string> in org.chameleon.Boot.plist. 5770 and vidcard is recognized as a 5770 in System Report. Tried also stability of 5770 in Lion --> 5 hours of Unigine-Heaven-3.0 Demo no problemo.

• I've tried System definition iMac 12,2, Macmini 5,3, Macmini 5,1 and removed AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext from S/L/E still suffering from the odd line. sound is terrible.
  • SD iMac 12,2 altered S/L/E IOPPlatformPluginFamily.kext --> ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext to Macbook Pro 8,3 for P-states still suffering line

I thought "well OK try my Asus nVidia 9400GT passive!" Installed it with SD iMac12,2 and bammm.... no glithces, artifacts or line when playing Youtube movie or using Quicktime-App. Only performance is not okay. Scrolling in Browser is choppy, Hardware Acceleration in Photoshop CS5.5 is choppy.

Digging through topics here, at Tony's Forum or even Google doesn't help me much ;-(

What do I overlook guys?

Try Uakari instead of Vervet then and add

<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>

if all else fails, you can try running newer macPro SMbios and move AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext from S/L/E to the desktop and rebuild cache, then try booting without it, just don't delete it. Try Uakari first though :)

-edit, u already tried deleting graphics pm, I saw that, just testing you :)

Oh, and what's your card's device ID?

Quicktime and flash are both GPU-accelerated aren't they? VLC-player playing a FLV-file doesn't give these glitches.

Okay going to try that tomorrow. Now going to watch Soccer we, holland, still got a small change to 1/4th.

I think new VLC is too but they may all handle it differently. Guessing your device ID is probably 68B8 on that card. Anyway, also try Eulemer and any of the other monkey framebuffers, but those probably the most likley. Not sure it still applies but for some 5770 on SL needed both DVI ports hooked up to work 100%, by just using a DVI to VGA adapter and hooking the 2nd DVI up to the VGA port on same monitor so your only using the main DVI but the other one with the VGA adapter gets a signal still.

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Uakari</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>

Is this. Only one screen recognized and 800x600 that's not okay

ATI Radeon HD 5770:
 Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5770
 Type: GPU
 Bus: PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width: x16
 VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
 Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID: 0x68b8
 Revision ID: 0x0000
 Displays:
VGA Display:
 Resolution: 800 x 600 @ 60 Hz
 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
 Main Display: Yes
 Mirror: Off
 Online: Yes
 Rotation: Supported

Edit:

Eulemer is better BUT is being identified is a;

[b]ATI Radeon HD 5000:[/b]

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5000
 Type: GPU
 Bus: PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width: x16
 VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
 Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID: 0x68b8
 Revision ID: 0x0000
 Displays:
[b]HP LP2475w:[/b]
 Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
 Display Serial Number: CZC9140002  
 Main Display: Yes
 Television: Yes
[b]SyncMaster:[/b]
 Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
 Display Serial Number: HSXL403874  

Both screens are recognized and both have native resolution. Youtube with Flash player Stripe/glitch now moved to the second screen when skipping in movie.

It doesn't matter if I use DP and DVI or 2x DVI still same artifacts on second screen.

Edited by myradon

I assume your also using GraphicsEnabler=Yes. There are still a few other framebuffers I would try, like Hoolock, Motmot, Baboon or Gibbon off the top of my head. Make note too if you find one that works perfectly on some ports but not others, and another that works perfectly on a different set of ports, as it is possible to combine the good parts of each into 1 that will be customized for you.

Yeps with GE=yes. Do you recommend without and some other solution? I'm digging through others options and stumbled on the DSDT-way. Maybe that will work but the "ATI HD 5770"-topic is like 58 pages long :wallbash:

It also appears changing these framebuffers also affect my keyboard-function and shtudown-function; for some reason shutdown is now log off :|

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Vervet</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>

vervet solves shutdown= logout! How can framebuffer be the cause?!

GrapchisEnabler=No also works with Vervet only not properly recognized; Chipset Model ATI Radeon HD 5000. Still same glitches on secondary screen :blush:

Edited by myradon

Been a while since I had a gigabyte board so I tent to forget some of their silly tendencies at times. Make sure PCIRoot=1 is added to your chameleon boot plist and resume testing from there :)

You know what? I flashed my Sapphire in windows and patched according to this guide http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/978894-pc-ati-57705870-cards-flashed-to-work-with-mac-pro/ I was so fed up with these glitches. Also set my default company-ID to 0x1002 with RBE. I deleted all entries in org.chameleon.Boot.plist so it looks like this;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

No GraphicsEnabler, no framebuffer, no atiports. Card is still recognized as a ATI 5000 BUT what did the trick was just disable hardware Acceleration in Flash Player. Now Youtube movies don't trigger these artifacts on my second screen. I'm going to fiddle a bit more to see if I can get my card to be recognized as 5770 and I'm really happy.

to be recognized as 5770 gonna need graphics enabler, try just that and PciRootID=1 (chameleon wizard can double check the PCI root setting for you to make sure it's set properly, just click the magnify glass next to this field in it's boot plist editor)