Need to find the right graphics kext

Wardy125

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a custom-built laptop that i ordered online, with a dual core intel b950 cpu with on-board graphics. The only thing that confuses me about this thing is that it doesn't actually tell me anything specific about the graphics side of things.

Under windows i used dxdiag and device manager, both reported just "Intel HD Graphics Family" no model number or anything. I tried to use system info from the os x install disk, which told me i had an i7 processor and was using a Mac Pro, so i didn't really trust what it had to say.

The reason i'm trying to find this out is so i can get the right graphics kext for me to boot, because so far, the install works fine...it just hangs on "DSMOS has arrived." (Which i've read is a graphics issue) I also assumed this because the welcome music played first time, but the screen was frozen on the apple logo and the wheel stopped spinning. Earlier, it even started talking to me about voiceover, but still at the logo.

I'm using iAtkos L2 Lion (which i'm currently running on my desktop machine perfectly), i just need to find out which kexts i need for the graphics.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

You need a better program to tell you what graphics are installed on your system. Try either GPUZ or PC Wizard. Both of them are made by the same company. You find their site here. Also you can try GPUZ. Their site is here. This should at least point you in the right direction as to which graphics (card or onboard) your system has.

post-1022570-0-01171400-1339970778_thumb.png post-1022570-0-04306600-1339970944_thumb.gif

Correction...both of them are not made by the same company. Anyway these of course are Windows based programs.

Ahh thankyou, i totally forgot GPUZ even existed, even though i've used it a few times before! ><

However, i'm still stuck :P

I looked for anything relating to hackintosh or os x with a GT1 (or apparently HD 1000) and nothing seems to exist.

However, i looked at the components list for lion on osx86project and saw that HD 3000 works out of the box.

Am i missing something still? :S

40y.png

the chances are fairly high that the graphics are Intel HD Graphics 3000. if you don't install any kext it should use the X3100 graphics kext and work natively, but apparently not very well... that said, i really never had any problem... i was able to watch videos and stuff, and if you want to play games, well stick with a PC ;)

the driver in your report is igdumd64.dll, which is indeed used for Intel 3000 graphics, though maybe for others too, i don't know...

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i had same problems with my acer one laptop.. 2 files that allow the OSX to see the internal hard drive IOATAfamily.kext and AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext. Many people just blindly copying files and get confused about why they don’t see the internal hard drive, there’s nothing mysterious about it, the controller for MY particular Netbook and Dell mini 10 has the id 811A8086, so this id must be included in the info.plist of the kexts, that’s all. In fact, we don’t need to install any of this until the final booting. add the AppleIntelPIIATA.kext inside the IOATAfamily.kextand this is the only file needed to see the internal hard drive. this fixed "STILL WAITING ON ROOT DEVICE" LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS ON YOURS

AppleIntelPIIXATA.zip