Anyone have Airplay Mirroring working?

rcork

5 posts in this topic

I have ML DP4 installed and the latest beta of the ATV software on my 3rd generation ATV. I haven't been able to get Airplay Mirroring to work. The icon that should show up on the menubar and allow me to select the ATV is not visible. Has anyone had any success getting it to work. I read conflicting reports across the developer forums that you need specific hardware for it to work (ie. Sandy Bridge core iX CPU, but even some people with those cpus cant get it to work).

If you have Airplay Mirroring from Mountain Lion (not iOS) to AppleTV working, can you post your setup here so we can start to figure out what the requirements are for it to work.

Yep works perfectly here. Dell XPS 15 - i5 2410 using the intel HD 3000 (nvidia card disabled by DSDT) runnign ML DP4, basically stock no changes to graphics kexts just usual fakesmc + patched power management.

The icon appears right away and I can choose my second gen apple tv and have it show up right away...flawless.

Hi,

my results so far with AirPlay mirroring

DP1 dunno

DP2 working

DP3 Icon visible but Airplay not working

DP4 No Icon

Switching Sync button on off did nothing, no Airplay options in the Monitor PrefPane.

My upgrade path was Lion > dp1, dp2, dp3 + update 1, dp4 + update 1

The audio Airplay stuff always worked fine.

• 1 month later...