Will this Z77 install work

Tim182

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I would like to try to get a Hackintosh going. I currently have the following hardware:

- i5-3570K

- GA-Z77-DH3 (I am unable to get the DS3H here and can't exchange, I will use Voodoo or get an external)

- HD4000 graphics

- 8 GB DDR3 1600 RAM

-Lite-on DVD RW

Unfortunately I do not have any access to OSX to make a boot disk or USB so I have to start with a iATKOS distribution. Once I have a basic system I would then get a retail 10.7.4 or the 10.8 next month to make a proper loader.

Would this work:

- Install from iATKOS L2 on my Z77 Ivy

- Upgrade to 10.7.4 with combo update and install bridge helper

- This is just to get a basic system going which will enable me to make a usb boot with a retail CD

I am very new to this so please bear with me. I am just not sure if I can get the basic system on an Ivy with the L2 distribution?

• Like 1

I do not recommend installing iAtkos. You can check my topic. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=276288

I've spent 4 months trying to get it work, while when I followed the repliers' advise to install a real one, I just got it working

To start you'll have to install Snow Leopard or you'll get into much trouble. It's recommended to install VMWare on Windows to restore the Snow Leopard thing, or just use an iAtkos, but still you'll have to use Snow Leopard to specify the required kexts and so that will work on Lion as Lion is really bad about working with stuff that it doesn't support.

• Like 1

I managed to burn iAtkos L2 and set up my Bios as follows:

Execute Disable bit: Enabled

Limit CPUID Max: Disabled

Virtualization: Enabled

HPET: Enabled

SATA Mode: AHCI

I have tried booting iAtkos with the following flags -x -v graphicsenabler=yes but just end up with a blank screen after reading all the HFS+ files. It loads all the files and then says starting darwin and the screen goes blank

Any ideas?