Whats Wrong With My Code? (Presenting Modal View)

iOS xcode iphone App programming ipad tabbar navigation view controller ios6

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

LooN3y

LooN3y

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I'm trying to have a modal view controller that i call programmatically.

heres my code:

- (IBAction)searchView:(id)sender
{
    GlobalStrings* theDataObject = [self theGlobalClass];

if (theDataObject.presentSearch == nil)
    {   
	    UIStoryboard *storyboard = [UIStoryboard storyboardWithName:@"MainStoryboard" bundle:nil];
	    UIViewController *vc = [storyboard instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier:@"SearchBarViewController"];
	    [vc setModalPresentationStyle:UIModalPresentationFullScreen];

[self presentModalViewController:vc animated:YES];
    }

UIStoryboard *storyboard = [UIStoryboard storyboardWithName:@"MainStoryboard" bundle:nil];
    UIViewController *vc = [storyboard instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier:@"SearchBarViewController"];
    [vc setModalPresentationStyle:UIModalPresentationFullScreen];
}

i get a sigbart error, is it because the view controller I'm calling is a navigation controller?

i also have a similar method in my "ViewWillAppear" for my log in screen.

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• News Team
  • 1,156 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)
Is the view controller you're trying to call before the navigation controller a navigation controller as well? You could also segue to another storyboard by programatically setting up a segue to another view controller.

LooN3y

LooN3y

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Is the view controller you're trying to call before the navigation controller a navigation controller as well? You could also segue to another storyboard by programatically setting up a segue to another view controller.

no the login screen isn't a navigation controller.

segue to another story board?

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• News Team
  • 1,156 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)
Xcode might be iffy if you try to push a navigation controller on top of one that isn't already. Not to another storyboard just within that storyboard segue from that view controller to your navigation controller would be what I would do. You want me to elaborate a bit more on that or do you understand how to segue programatically?

LooN3y

LooN3y

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Xcode might be iffy if you try to push a navigation controller on top of one that isn't already. Not to another storyboard just within that storyboard segue from that view controller to your navigation controller would be what I would do. You want me to elaborate a bit more on that or do you understand how to segue programatically?

hmm for now, i just modally called the search view controller by button, just to get over the hump, i just want it to work first and foremost.

thanks a lot though

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iOS, xcode, iphone, App, programming, ipad, tabbar, navigation, view controller, ios6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy