Hi,

Got everything working just fine on my Hackintosh :

• MB : Gigabyte X58A-UD5
  • Proc : Core i7 920
  • GC : 250 GTS 1Gb x2 (SLI, of course unactive on OS X) => using patched DSDT
  • Audio : Realtek ALC889 => Using standard ###### kexts
  • Ethernet : Realtek => Using RTL81xx from Lnx2Mac's

I used this guide to create an installation partition :

http://thetecherra.com/2012/02/17/tutorial-run-os-x-mountain-lion-10-8-on-a-pc-hackintoshosx86-from-start-to-finish/

Just changed the following steps :

-> Did'nt replace OSInstall and OSInstall.mpkg

-> Copyied mach_kernel from Install_ESD DMG to my install partition root

-> Used this chameleon : http://www.osx86.net/view/2789-chameleon_r1997_-_mountain_lion_[updated_...html

-> And add my Extra folder to my install partition root

Evything works so far, including :

• iMessages
  • iCloud
  • Voice dictation (in my native language : French)
  • Notification center
  • QE/CI
  • Sound
  • Network

One of my simpliest OS X install ever ;) !

Ahh thank you Arthur! Now the isntaller boots :D I didn't understand what you meant by your last reply, but now I see from your link that I had to remove AMDRadeaonAccelerator and put in the DP3 ATIRadeonX3000. My 6738 device ID was already in ATI6000controller, so I was confused!

I installed ML DP4 using MyHack without problems. For the first time in my life, I have seen the installer screen at the maximum screen resolution on a hackintosh. All went smooth and flawlessly. But my only problems are: I have no sound, no network (ethernet) and if I keep the dsdt I get kernel panic at restart/shutdown. The dsdt works well with Lion. The patched applehda.kext for Lion not works here as well as all kexts I have using in Lion. The Asus P5K-VM board still shows its potential, I hope the gurus here to not neglect and ignore it just because it is pretty old.

specs: Asus P5K-VM LGA775

Intel G33/ICH9

4 GB DDR2 memory

VGA 9600 GT 1GB NVDIA

LAN Marvell88E8056

AUDIO Realtek ALC883

I'm stuck with Still waiting for root device at EHCI Controller unable to take control from BIOS and a few lines that tells me which devices are connected.

What should I do?

do you have ehci handoff option in bios you can change? also USBBusFix=Yes?

till now what is the latest version of ML you ran successfully?

Also, anyone able to get dictation to actually write stuff? I get the little mike pop up but it doesn't write anything, and not sure the problem. Unless it just doesn't understand sign language, but I doubt that could be the problem.

I used this guide to create an installation partition :

http://thetecherra.c...tart-to-finish/

Just changed the following steps :

-> Did'nt replace OSInstall and OSInstall.mpkg

-> Copyied mach_kernel from Install_ESD DMG to my install partition root

-> Used this chameleon : http://www.osx86.net..._mountain_lion_[updated_...html

-> And add my Extra folder to my install partition root

Thanks for sharing your info... I was wondering why that tutorial didn't work for me. No need to replace OSINstall & OSInstall.mpkg. I did however use the latest chameleon.

I'm on Asus P5E, only thing not working atm is Sound and I did replace AppleHDA with v2.0.5 that I was using in Lion. Also deleted caches, but still no sound :/

Update: removed voodooHDA (which I was using temp) and installed AppleHDA.kext 2.1.1 using Kext Helper b7 and sound is much better.

Ahh thank you Arthur! Now the isntaller boots :D I didn't understand what you meant by your last reply, but now I see from your link that I had to remove AMDRadeaonAccelerator and put in the DP3 ATIRadeonX3000. My 6738 device ID was already in ATI6000controller, so I was confused!

I give up where is this AMDRadeonAccelerator?

Thank you aushack I got the install up and running using "traditional" USB prep removed the ATI6000 and put in ati3000 kext installed from my lion install replaced the ati6000 the only kexts NullPower and FakeMSC booting with Lion 10.7.4, windows 7, windows 8 and Linux Sabayon 9

I can't boot into the installer, I get a white screen with flashing purple lines before the UI loads. I did the same method as DP3 upgrade and I have an MSI 6870 ..anyone know the problem?

Boot, go to your bios and choose boot from your USB

I've got everything up and running except for audio :( Could someone please explain how I can get sound to work on my P8P67 LE motherboard (it has realtek 892 audio)? Also, I get an error message while trying to connect to iCloud. Strangely, it works fine on a Macbook Pro. Could it be because my hackintosh says "iMac 2001" when I click about this mac?

Thanks so much.

EDIT: iCloud still doesn't work, but I've managed to get the audio working through a program that I cannot mention here for obvious reasons. If you need help pm me or email me at mosh1243@gmail.com.

A special thanks to eep357! Thanks so much man, you rock! :D

Edited by mosh1243

I did it. All working now. I added these:

For internal sata drive icons: IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext in E/E

For audio get ALC883 (Mountain Lion) in osx86.net and follow instructions

For network: Search Marvell Yukon 88E8056 in osx86 and get the modded IONetworkingfamily.kext and install it in S/L/E

Unfortunatelly, the dsdt is mandatory, without it you get orange drive icons and no network, even the proper kexts are properly installed;

Keep the modded AppleHDA.kext and IONetworkingfamily.kext for reinstalling them after every update!

Successfully installed on:

Asus Maximus IV Z68@3304 patched bios & MSI 6870

Was having same issue with white screen & cursor in installation step. The only way for me to fix this issue was removing ATI6000.kext from USB and moving it again on instaled ML in S/L/E.

No issues whatsoever beside:

• few not working USB 3.0 ports (using kext from multi...)
  • and im unable to boot from hdd, the only way is using whole time USB stick (same bootloader on USB/HDD, same org.chameleon.Boot.plist), tried many bootloaders.

Method with modding ATI6000 doesn't work for me, at last not in USB's S/L/E - its actually fulled with dev id's.

Someone konws if it's needed to patch AppleRTC and if the old command will work?!

For CMOS reset on restarting after sleep & wake? I had to patch it, specifically using this command:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /Extra/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

from this thread: http://www.insanelym...pic=276066&st=0. That made it work for me.

The creation of installation media was done with myHack and boot up is fine with no problems but when the language selection screen appears and I press Next I'm given a pop up box with a warning message "mac osx mountain lion cannot be installed on this pc". How is the installer deciding this? What's it based on?

My pc is sandy bridge i7 processor and the mobo is a Zotac H67 with 2 Gb memory. The built in video is Intel 3000 HD and I have an extra ATI 5450 video card. Is this pc able to install ML and if not, what part of it stops me? The northbridge or CPU?

The creation of installation media was done with myHack and boot up is fine with no problems but when the language selection screen appears and I press Next I'm given a pop up box with a warning message "mac osx mountain lion cannot be installed on this pc". How is the installer deciding this? What's it based on?

My pc is sandy bridge i7 processor and the mobo is a Zotac H67 with 2 Gb memory. The built in video is Intel 3000 HD and I have an extra ATI 5450 video card. Is this pc able to install ML and if not, what part of it stops me? The northbridge or CPU?

It is based on whether it likes you or not, maybe a little sweet talkin before you boot will help...jk, it's based on what it "thinks" your computer is and if it thinks you are using a mac model that can run ML or a mac model that can't or is unrecognized as a valid mac model. Make a new smbios using chameleon wizard with a newer mac model that matches your hardware, and then have it generate a valid serial #. Copy that smbios to the /Extra folder on your installer, if that folder isn't there, make one. After that, give it a few compliments on how it looks and try again.

Quick Questions:

1) in ML DP4 what kexts do i need to mod or put my dev-id 954F and ven-id 1002 in for an ATI Radeon HD 4350 (RV710 family = Spartan) ?

2) Can i use any kexts from the 4000 series ?

3) I look in the ATIRadeonx2000.kext and found 0x954F1002, but the card does not enable QE CI ?