• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Crna Brada

Crna Brada

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Installed DP4 on my Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 board without any problems. On the other hand, GA-X58A-UD3R board install didn't go well at all.

UD3R has always been perfectly stable and I expected an uneventful install. But I got unresponsive App Store application - it would show up and when I wanted to check my updates or purchases it would start endless spinning wheel - I had to Force Quit it. Textedit and preview would crash "Unexpectedly".

Eventually, after three clean disk installs, I gave up. Created disk image of my UD7 boot disk and restored it on UD3R machine (Replaced DSDT) - works perfectly?! No clue what the problem was!!

VultUx

VultUx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

remove ati6000controller or edit to see if have u dev id and amdradeonacelerator u replace atiradeonx3000

Thanks Artur, did this and at least I can see the install screen to choose my HD to install, but after install I cant change the resolution it is locked in 1280x1024.

My video card is a Radeon 6850 1GB - that worked fine with DP3.

Any tip?

EDIT: FIXED!!! :D

Hi Artur, I forgot to put the file ATI6000Controller.kext back, now I reinstall the file with kext utility and my full resolution return back, thanks again. ;)

doteleven

doteleven

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I got the install to work just fine through myHack nothing else would work. However after that I can not get the computer to boot to set up the account information.

Booting with -x -F I get this error.
http://d.pr/i/Ubhv

Booting with -x -F -v I get this error.
http://d.pr/i/Nsf

Booting with just -v I get a kernalcache error. Any ideas?

Bansaku

Bansaku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Lots

I can't boot into the installer, I get a white screen with flashing purple lines before the UI loads. I did the same method as DP3 upgrade and I have an MSI 6870 ..anyone know the problem?

Solved!! :P

Soo, I dug around in the Ati6000Controller.kext, both on the install image and the actual installed OS. This snippet is from the plist:
   <key>IOPCIMatch</key>
   <string></string>

Notice anything missing?!
Silly Apple, why you no hear of buddy checks! :P

I then simply copied and pasted the device ID's from DP3 and viola!!! Success!!

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
   <string>0x67681002 0x67701002 0x67791002 0x67601002 0x67611002 0x67501002 0x67581002 0x67591002 0x67401002 0x67411002 0x67451002 0x67381002 0x67391002 0x67201002 0x67221002 0x67181002 0x67191002 0x68401002</string>

Post Install: To get full QE/CI with a Radeon 6000HD, simply add the missing info into the Ati6000Controller.kext info.plist, repair permissions, add GraphicsEnabler=y to boot.plist and you are good to restart.

Note: If you want to add the device ID's to the installer's Ati6000Controller.kext, add them after you restored the image to a USB drive (or HD if that's the way you choose to do it). However, simply booting from the installer with GraphicsEnabler=n is the easiest way to go about it. Happy Hack'n!

aushack

aushack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
   <string></string>

Notice anything missing?!
Silly Apple, why you no hear of buddy checks! :P

I then simply copied and pasted the device ID's from DP3 and viola!!! Success!!

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
   <string>0x67681002 0x67701002 0x67791002 0x67601002 0x67611002 0x67501002 0x67581002 0x67591002 0x67401002 0x67411002 0x67451002 0x67381002 0x67391002 0x67201002 0x67221002 0x67181002 0x67191002 0x68401002</string>

:huh: I have all those ID's in my ATI6000controller (v8.0.39) on my installer USB ..checked BaseSystem and they are in there too ?? Tried pasting in the ID's but not working. I get a white screen before the installer loads, but no mouse cursor, it has random flashing purple horizontal lines.

I've also tried removing ATI6000controller and using the one from DP3, GE N & Y, -x & -f flags, a different AtiConfig.. but no luck :(

gnomesgames

gnomesgames

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hi,

Got everything working just fine on my Hackintosh :
  • MB : Gigabyte X58A-UD5
  • Proc : Core i7 920
  • GC : 250 GTS 1Gb x2 (SLI, of course unactive on OS X) => using patched DSDT
  • Audio : Realtek ALC889 => Using standard ###### kexts
  • Ethernet : Realtek => Using RTL81xx from Lnx2Mac's
I used this guide to create an installation partition :
http://thetecherra.c...tart-to-finish/

Just changed the following steps :
-> Did'nt replace OSInstall and OSInstall.mpkg
-> Copyied mach_kernel from Install_ESD DMG to my install partition root
-> Used this chameleon : http://www.osx86.net...updated_...html
-> And add my Extra folder to my install partition root

Evything works so far, including :
  • iMessages
  • iCloud
  • Voice dictation (in my native language : French)
  • Notification center
  • QE/CI
  • Sound
  • Network
One of my simpliest OS X install ever ;) !

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,784 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco

Thanks! But I don't know what you mean by 'to see if you have dev id'

and I have no atiradeonx3000 in my installer kexts, only x2000.

hi see this

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=18&t=736

good hack

aushack

aushack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Ahh thank you Arthur! Now the isntaller boots :D I didn't understand what you meant by your last reply, but now I see from your link that I had to remove AMDRadeaonAccelerator and put in the DP3 ATIRadeonX3000. My 6738 device ID was already in ATI6000controller, so I was confused!

XanthraX

XanthraX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
I installed ML DP4 using MyHack without problems. For the first time in my life, I have seen the installer screen at the maximum screen resolution on a hackintosh. All went smooth and flawlessly. But my only problems are: I have no sound, no network (ethernet) and if I keep the dsdt I get kernel panic at restart/shutdown. The dsdt works well with Lion. The patched applehda.kext for Lion not works here as well as all kexts I have using in Lion. The Asus P5K-VM board still shows its potential, I hope the gurus here to not neglect and ignore it just because it is pretty old.

specs: Asus P5K-VM LGA775
Intel G33/ICH9

4 GB DDR2 memory

VGA 9600 GT 1GB NVDIA

LAN Marvell88E8056

AUDIO Realtek ALC883

Ririholic

Ririholic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I'm stuck with Still waiting for root device at EHCI Controller unable to take control from BIOS and a few lines that tells me which devices are connected.
What should I do?

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

I'm stuck with Still waiting for root device at EHCI Controller unable to take control from BIOS and a few lines that tells me which devices are connected.
What should I do?

do you have ehci handoff option in bios you can change? also USBBusFix=Yes?

Ririholic

Ririholic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Tried with USBBusFix=Yes , nothing. Even tried using kexts from Snow Leopard and Lion. I don't have EHCI handoff option in BIOS :/

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
till now what is the latest version of ML you ran successfully?

Also, anyone able to get dictation to actually write stuff? I get the little mike pop up but it doesn't write anything, and not sure the problem. Unless it just doesn't understand sign language, but I doubt that could be the problem.

Ririholic

Ririholic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Installed DP3 without any problems

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts

Installed DP3 without any problems

dunno then :( installed easier for most

Ririholic

Ririholic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I probably copied some kexts in both E/E and S/L/E, or I left something. I'll check it all again. Anyways, thanks.

JBX

JBX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

I used this guide to create an installation partition :
http://thetecherra.c...tart-to-finish/

Just changed the following steps :
-> Did'nt replace OSInstall and OSInstall.mpkg
-> Copyied mach_kernel from Install_ESD DMG to my install partition root
-> Used this chameleon : http://www.osx86.net..._mountain_lion_[updated_...html
-> And add my Extra folder to my install partition root

Thanks for sharing your info... I was wondering why that tutorial didn't work for me. No need to replace OSINstall & OSInstall.mpkg. I did however use the latest chameleon.

I'm on Asus P5E, only thing not working atm is Sound and I did replace AppleHDA with v2.0.5 that I was using in Lion. Also deleted caches, but still no sound :/

Update: removed voodooHDA (which I was using temp) and installed AppleHDA.kext 2.1.1 using Kext Helper b7 and sound is much better.

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Ahh thank you Arthur! Now the isntaller boots :D I didn't understand what you meant by your last reply, but now I see from your link that I had to remove AMDRadeaonAccelerator and put in the DP3 ATIRadeonX3000. My 6738 device ID was already in ATI6000controller, so I was confused!

I give up where is this AMDRadeonAccelerator?

aushack

aushack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
It's in the extensions from BaseSystem.dmg, remove it and then copy in ATIRadeonX3000 from DP3.

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Thank you aushack I got the install up and running using "traditional" USB prep removed the ATI6000 and put in ati3000 kext installed from my lion install replaced the ati6000 the only kexts NullPower and FakeMSC booting with Lion 10.7.4, windows 7, windows 8 and Linux Sabayon 9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy