1 reply to this topic

poof86

poof86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all,

I've had allot of problems trying to get my X-fi Titanium PCI-e sound card working with Leopard and Lion.
Finally It seems I found the correct plist settings for everything to work properly.

I'm using the latest VoodooHDA from here (v.2.7.3)
Installed the driver and moved the kext from the Extensions directory
to the contents of the voodooHDA loader which can be found here
Don't forget to replace the Info.plist file inside the kext contents for the correct pin configuration etc.

I removed the loader from my login/startup items, but it will probably work without having to start the loader manually.
You can still use the VoodooHDA preference panel to switch to SSE2 after the voodoohdaloader has finished.
This helps when you have to play multiple sound sources and you hear the sound crackle and pop :P

To get surround working you need to create an Aggregated Device. Guide can be found here
On every boot switch between the Aggregated Device and back to Line-out (Green Rear) while you're playing something (yes very strange)

It's a kind of a hassle but you'll get great sound every time :)
And probably important to mention, I disabled my onboard sound card in the BIOS and checked if the HDEF device was missing in my DSDT

Hope you can finally enjoy using your X-fi Titanium on the mac just like me!

SergejKiller

SergejKiller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
poof86, is there a way you can share your Info.plist?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: x-fi, titanium, lion, voodoohda, voodoohdaloader, working, sound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy