ALC662 HD mic problem

iriedread

5 posts in this topic

I have this weird problem. My sound card is partially working, output is working perfectly, while input (microphone) aint working at all. I mean, when i turn on the mic, i can hear myself talking on speakers, i can even lower volume in settings, but i don't see any movement on the test bar, and even if i try to record something/try a Skype test call, i get nothing. Like its not even plugged in. Tried reinstalling the kext, but that didn't help at all, still same situation. Motherboard is Asus P5LD2-X by the way and sound card ALC662 High Definition Audio 6 -Channel.

Tried latest voodoohda, and found some alc662 kext here on forums, it's the same with both. Sound output is perfect, and sound input aint working at all

Edit:

Something weird just happened. I reinstalled latest VoodooHDA. While i was messing with sliders in voodoo prefpane, my output stopped working, i went to sound options and checked outputs, they were like they should be on green rear, and when i clicked inputs, i saw volume test bar moving when i was talking but i couldn't hear anything coming out of speakers. Any ideas?

Ok after 2 days of experimenting, sound fully working now. Just in case, if anyone has a mobo like mine or just trouble with ALC662, the attached kext solved it for me. Got a fully working Lion 10.7.2 now.

Just make sure u delete AppleHDA/HDAEnabler/ALC662/Azalia first if you got them.

VoodooHDA.kext.zip