Can't connect to networked computers in Lion. Please HELP.

Dradis

8 posts in this topic

I have recently installed 10.7.3 on my machine. This is a clean install using a DSDT from tonymac's DSDT data base.

All of my hardware is working, including my ethernet card and wifi. I can connect to the internet, but I cannot see other macs on the network. I also tried to add my iPhone as an iTunes remote and it does not show up in the left side panel.

I am currently connected by wifi and cannot connect by ethernet because of the physical location. My wifi card is an atheros pci-e and I am using the stock IO80211Family.kext with an added device ID. I am using the Lynx2macs driver for my built in realtec 8111E gigabit on the Asus P8P67-m Pro.

I had previously installed 10.7.3 using the ######## DSDT free method. Both ways I sometimes see my MPB but usually don't. Even when i do see it, it is unable to connect and often disappears soon after.

Im assuming its a problem with my wifi driver or card since that seems to be the common denominator. Here's a screenshot of my wifi info if it helps.

post-209861-0-33119900-1339340748_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alessandro17
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=275942

Thanks for the info, everdone. I checked the boot.plist, but EthernetBuiltIn=Yes is already there. I have no problems connecting to AppStore, iCloud, or anything on the internet. Its only local networking that isn't working.

Yes, sharing is turned on. I am very familiar with how to set up network sharing between macs, and I have no problems with the other macs/hacks in the house. Just this one. The other macs randomly show up in my network (as seen on this machine), but then disappear when i try to connect. Also, iTunes on this mac does not see my iPhone as a potential remote. I don't believe these symptoms could be caused by a setting simply being turned off. It seems more like a problem with this wifi card since it only happens on this machine. If I can find a long enough ethernet cable i will try a wired connection to see if it works any better, but for the moment I don't have one.

I agree, wifi in the hack world can be iffy. If you haven't yet done so, try setting the IP manually for the wifi connection. I have some wifi adapters that will not connect via DHCP when using a protected wireless router connection.

I only mentioned Sharing being on because I have found myself forgetting to turn it on and wondering why other elements on my network won't show up!

Still the same symptoms with manual IP. I am able to connect to the wifi and internet just fine. Its only local networking that has any problems. Right now when i go to network 0 computers are listed. I have one other hack and one real mac in the house. Both show up sporadically throughout the day. Usually not at the same time. iTunes just saw my iPhone as a remote long enough to enter the passcode, but now its gone again. This is really bizarre. I have no problems at all with internet, iCloud, etc.