Second Menu Bar / Multiple Monitor App

b0cks

3 posts in this topic

Disclaimer: This is my app, not sure about the rules on promotional threads on InsanelyMac. I don't normally post threads about my own stuff, but I thought this would be pretty useful to the Hackintosh community. InsanelyMac & TonyMacx86 have helped me so much.

So I went from W7 (which had a multitude of great apps for dealing with more than one monitor like Ultramon) to an OS X Lion Hackintosh, which I loved infinitely more but apparently didn't work too well out of the box with a multiple monitor setup.

A bit about my setup for anyone who cares:

Mobo: ASUS P6T

CPU: i7 920

GPU: GTX 470 SLI (ugh, huge headache not knowing how to do EFI strings)

RAM: 6GB OCZ Gold

Monitors: 2x 24" Samsung SyncMasters.

===========================

Here's my attempt at dealing with the multiple monitor problem: Multimon. (<- Click to view in App Store)

Features:

Multiple Menu Bars

⁃ Should work for any number of monitors, the max I was able to test up to was 3 though.

(Hackintoshers with 9 monitor setups, please let me know ;)).

Advanced Window Management

⁃ You're more productive with another monitor but nobody wants to drag windows left and right.

Easily send a window to any of your monitors via a drop down or a hotkey. Maximize or minimize too!

• Automatic Window Resizing

⁃ A lot of us hackintoshers don't have the luxury of matching dual cinema displays :P. This'll automatically resize windows that are too large onto smaller monitors.

• Hotkeys

⁃ Pretty customizable hotkeys for a bunch of the features listed above as well as quickly hiding all menu bars, etc.

So yup, that's it.

You can tweet me for support / feedback at @delveapps.

Chat with me about hackintosh / apps / design / tech / anything at @aaronykng :).

Hope you guys find it useful. Look forward to hearing what you guys think.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Really nice utility you developed there, I'm surprised Apple approved it on the AppStore :P

Anyway, I have just one monitor, otherwise I would try it without a doubt, OSX is really lacking some advanced functions.

Good luck!