• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

b0cks

b0cks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Disclaimer: This is my app, not sure about the rules on promotional threads on InsanelyMac. I don't normally post threads about my own stuff, but I thought this would be pretty useful to the Hackintosh community. InsanelyMac & TonyMacx86 have helped me so much.

So I went from W7 (which had a multitude of great apps for dealing with more than one monitor like Ultramon) to an OS X Lion Hackintosh, which I loved infinitely more but apparently didn't work too well out of the box with a multiple monitor setup.

A bit about my setup for anyone who cares:

Mobo: ASUS P6T
CPU: i7 920
GPU: GTX 470 SLI (ugh, huge headache not knowing how to do EFI strings)
RAM: 6GB OCZ Gold
Monitors: 2x 24" Samsung SyncMasters.

===========================

Here's my attempt at dealing with the multiple monitor problem: Multimon. (<- Click to view in App Store)

Features:

Multiple Menu Bars
⁃ Should work for any number of monitors, the max I was able to test up to was 3 though.
(Hackintoshers with 9 monitor setups, please let me know ;)).

Advanced Window Management
⁃ You're more productive with another monitor but nobody wants to drag windows left and right.
Easily send a window to any of your monitors via a drop down or a hotkey. Maximize or minimize too!

• Automatic Window Resizing
⁃ A lot of us hackintoshers don't have the luxury of matching dual cinema displays :P. This'll automatically resize windows that are too large onto smaller monitors.

• Hotkeys
⁃ Pretty customizable hotkeys for a bunch of the features listed above as well as quickly hiding all menu bars, etc.

So yup, that's it.

You can tweet me for support / feedback at @delveapps.
Chat with me about hackintosh / apps / design / tech / anything at @aaronykng :).

Hope you guys find it useful. Look forward to hearing what you guys think.

Nemorosus

Nemorosus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I would buy it, but i don't have dual monitors. Anyways, this is very helpful as I connected my laptop to a HDMI and there was no menu bar, lol. It was a bit of a pain!

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
Really nice utility you developed there, I'm surprised Apple approved it on the AppStore :P

Anyway, I have just one monitor, otherwise I would try it without a doubt, OSX is really lacking some advanced functions.

Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: app, promotion, multiple monitor, menu bar, apps, mac, osx, monitors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy