overclocking temps on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 with Corsair H80, 600T and 2700K

timelapser01

6 posts in this topic

hi all,

excuse my english, I am not a native speaker.

By far not being a over clocking expert, after some research I managed to stable over clock a hckintosh system on 4,2 Ghz with Turboboost.

However, despite the corsair H80 cooler I seem to have a temperature problem...?

Running Geekbench, CineBench or true Apps like converting bunch of RAWs to JPGs and rendering with Apple Motion the same time temps of cores go up, and the speed of the machine get's throttled down due to the temps.

starting full speed...

Bildschirmfoto-2012-06-09-um-X2.jpg

being throttled down...

going up again... tbc...

idle temps

Bildschirmfoto-2012-06-09-um-M.jpg

I have checked the mounting with a torque meter. all H80 screws are torqued equal, the H80 should sit even (but who can tell that actually)..., so the CPU should have a good contact.

Here are some more images with the build etc...

http://smugmug.com/Other/Monster01/23444765_Z6Hbxg#!i=1894191563&k=4Q5pMdx

What could be wrong?

Thanks for any help.

C

Inside kext IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contens/Plugins/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext you need to enable ThermalProfile with Realy Mac smbios.plist(Exept with your procesor)Maybe iMac. And this step enable your Thermal cpu profile without any DSDT patch,this is swich like sharm C-states and P-states and cooling.

sory for my bad English.

Problem solved. The H80 had a contact problem, later it failed (pump LED's dark, and vents stopped). Replaced with H100 (just in case) and am now in the 60-70ies. All is fine now.

Cheers

C