Lion install on AMD -> stuck at BSD Root: ..

assoricks

9 posts in this topic

Hi there! :)

I'm trying to install OS X Lion 10.7.0 on my AMD machine. Specs :

CPU : AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000

Motherboard : MSI K9A2-CF

GPU : Nvidia Geforce 8600GT

RAM : 2x 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2

What i did :

Used ##########' ####### application to create a bootable Lion partition.

Installed latest Chimera (Tony's chameleon branch) to it.

Added my Extra folder which includes a MacPro3,1 smbios file, the org.chameleon.boot.plist + boot theme.

Added AppleATIATA.kext , fakesmc from ######, and a patched kernel for AMD machines (Bronzovka's V6)

Turned off KernelCache-thing : chflags uchg /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/ (com.apple.xpchelper.cache doesn't exist yet)

The issue :

When i boot with "-v -f" it boots but it's stuck at "BSD root: disk 1.. *disk identifier goes here*"

Screenshot : http://flic.kr/p/bVkWJz :(

Can't get past that thing, even with other kernels and fancy boot options like -x , -s, arch=i386, -legacy (ends up in kernel panic -> launchd couldn't be loaded), busratio=16, .. I tried other versions of AppleATIATA too and i removed the AppleTYMCE.kext .

I can still type letters on the keyboard, which indicated that the system isn't "dead". :rolleyes:

The hackintosh is fully working on vanilla 10.5.8. No issues at all. Snow Leopard is a pita when it's updated to 10.6.8, Finder crashes, stability issues, .. So i switched back to 10.5 which works like a charm. B) But I'd really like to run Lion Server because of it's IPv6 capabilities.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

assoricks :)

OK. Then I'll install Lion using my main Intel Hackintosh, install the hackintosh related files and then simply connect the drive to my AMD machine.

As I'm not new to hackintoshing I of course tried all these boot parameters. Like I wrote before "-legacy" gives me a kernel panic because "/sbin/launchd" couldn't be started. I guess it's just a problem with the installer. I'll try again :-) BTW. I don't think npci=0x2000 is needed as the machine wasn't stuck at [PCI Configuration begin]. Nevermind. Thanks for your replies anyway :-)

@new2hackintosh: Why do you use a distro?! Try the methods from tonymacx86.blogspot.com. Distros suck. (most of the time)

The problem is (what I have found for the most part) is if you are using an "real" download of Lion from the Apple app store. The chances of getting that to work are slim at best!!! Check out Zackehsoul's explanation here. In my post above I list the link to how I achieved success in installing Niresh's Distro of Lion. I tried at least 4 other boards/cpu combinations before I got this one to work.

try -legacy -v PCIRootUID=1 arch=i386 and replace finder for the DP2 :) thats worked for me! try to use iatkos L2 + mach kernel v4 or v5 from osx86.net and replace only dsdt.aml install the Bootloader Chameleon

Quick Explain...

You need a Snow Leopard To Install Lion...

Use Iatkos L2 OSInstall.mpkg search for it in System/Installation/Packages

Instal in another Partition but DONT REBOOT OR RESTART!

Change the mach_kernel for your kernel v5 or v4 (rename if needed)

After That replace your DSDT.aml if you have... in /Extra of your Snow Leopard to /Extra in Lion Partition

Install with Chameleon Wizard with Booth0md in lion HDD (if is another partition but the same HDD of SL i don't know if you can get some issues). And Select npci=0x2000 cpus=1 busratio=xx (xx = your clock multiplier you can check it in your SETUP BIOS) Check for AHCI LION ONLY RUNS IN SATA HDDS (IN MY CASE YES!!!) AND DVDs SATA! With AHCI MODE.

Reboot if you have installed in another HDD press F8 and type

-legacy -v PCIRootUID=1 arch=i386

If your Finder Doesn't work you need to go back do SnowLeopard or use MacDrive to Replace in Coreservices... in don't remember where but the guys will show you where is.

@EDIT I forgot you need to use Finder from DP2 because he's support 32 bits!

Thanks thats all...

if your system won't but... i can't help you.

Kiss Yumi :D

@new2hackintosh: Thank you for your reply! Maybe my board is just not the right one.. But I don't have another AMD board. Yeah! You use a SoundBlaster Live! too! :-) Amazing sound. Absolutely in love with that card. Btw. nice blog!

@gabrielayumi: Thank you for your guide! Well done, but I don't need most part of it as I've done almost the same things on my own ;-) I did a fresh install using my main hackintosh (http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12303 - post is totally outdated, but you get the idea), then applied the 10.7.4 combo to it, installed Chimera/Chameleon, fakesmc, a buch of amd kernels, and my AppleATIATA.kext (tried a few of them). But it was always stuck at Still waiting for root device. I couldn't get it to work. Didn't find the right kext for my SATA-controller (and yes, it's AHCI). Well I'll try again in a few days, this time using Iatkos' OSInstall.mpkg, as the apple one can't "slipstream" or whatever it's called. I'll stay on Leopard for now :-)

Greetings to both of you :-)

assoricks

PS : I didn't try the busratio= thing, wasn't needed on both Leopard and Snow Leopard. I'll try that one next time. :-)