• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

vividcode

vividcode

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I have iAtkos L2 dvd perfectly made to boot.
However due to some weird media limitation - I fail to get past entire installation - it freezes at random points.
(Most of the time, I get past disk utility. Also tried to remove all customizations except fakesmc and chameleon.)

Now I suspect it is my dvd drive which is incapable of carrying it through, and I want to give my usb drive a try.
However I don't have mac installed anywhere so don't know how to create bootable usb?

Can I use my bootable dvd to create bootable usb using my target machine?
[Note that this target machine is totally formatted with mac os journeled, but it has not gone past that ie installation freezes when 8 minutes are pending]

If anyone knows how to create this usb, or even knows how to get rid of this freeze, will be great help, I am stuck with this since > 1 week and no progress.

thanks for reading!
-vC

skylinepkr

skylinepkr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
What kind of freezing? being as detailed as possible helps a lot more when trying to figure out whats wrong..

vividcode

vividcode

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

What kind of freezing?

After I quit customize screen, I press Install.
At this point or anytime after this, I get to see that mouse can't move, there is no HDD/DVD light blinking, neither the keyboard works.
Even if I leave my PC for an hour, nothing happens.

Freeze happens irrespective of customize options I choose (removed all except fakesmc), irrespective of dvd format I chose (img, dmg, expanded dmg)
I am not able to get past '8 minutes remaining' - and till then it installs about 1.6 GB content on the formatted partition.

And yes, my config is dell vostro 1500:
Intel Core 2 duo, Integrated Intel 965 graphics, ms keyboard and synaptic mouse.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bootable USB, iatkos L2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy