1 reply to this topic

marco473

marco473

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey everyone,

I have been trying to install Mac on my laptop without succes. I am a complete noob at this part so i'm pretty sure i need help.
Let's start with my specifications:
Intel core I7 2670QM
4 GB of ram DDR3-1333
500GB HDD. The goal is to install mac on a different partition.
Nvidia GeForce GT 610M

I have been trying to install snow leopard for a while, trying different startup options, but it would instantly reboot.
I tried both the official DVD and a snowleo iso, but they wouldn't work. Do i need a different version? I wouldn't mind buying a Lion dvd if you think that that would work.

I hope that i can get some basic help with installing mac os on a different partition, since i want both windows 7 and mac to be availible.

I'm willing to try everything, and i got plenty of DVD's in case i need to burn stuff like NawComs ModCD (which didn't help either)

Just to clear things up, i was able to install mac os without any errors, but it would never boot.

Thanks in advance, Marco

P.s. I'm from the Netherlands so excuse my english.

marco473

marco473

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I did a clean install of Mac, without windows installed using snowleo, i was able to install and boot into mac snow leopard, but at the end of installing ###### or the combo update, it displays some code/errors on the screen and hangs. Also, after installing the combo update and rebooting after the crash, i can't acces mac anymore since it hangs on Pci configuration begin.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: install, mac, help, please, im, noob, asus, x73s, i7, geforce

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy