• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

danageis

danageis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
So I have a small problem that may not seem too important but has REALLY begun to annoy in the months I have been using my hackintosh: I cannot change the "Open With" default for .mp4 files.

Now, this may not seem that big (and in all honesty it is just annoying because I have been trying for a long time to fix it with no success) but I also cannot open .mp4 files with quicktime.

When I try to right click > Get Info on a .mp4, it pops up the window for a second, then crashes finder, meaning I have to right click --> open with VLC every time I watch one. This is just a VERY irritating issue for me because I have been trying to find some way to fix it and for whatever reason cannot :(

Is there any way to change program defaults w/o the Get Info pane? Is there anyway to fix the sh$%#y quicktime?

aplIIc

aplIIc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Blender, Mac on AMD, Coffee, F1, hakie sack, BEAMbots, beer, surf, MotoGP, ax throwing, son et l...

Why Yes!... Yes there is!

Simply Right click,  Then press the Option (Alt) key

"Open With" will change to "Always Open With"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy