[HELP] Arrandale Mobile SpeedStep + OverHeating Problem (i3-350m)

giofrida

20 posts in this topic

Hi, i need some information to make speedstep works on my i3-350m (dual core). I tried Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from ######. I don't know what i should do now. Also, i use lapic native kernel (for HP that have an i3-i5-i7 arrandale processor) to make cores and threads work.

I have another giant problem: overheating. Every time i use my pseudo-mac, my CPU goes to 65-70 °C. How to fix this problem? I can't use it because the temperature is too high!!

Thanks in advance,

-giofrida

SO? ANYBODY? ):

Hi just for info....

If AppleLPC.kext is loading, can reduce cpu temperature.....

if is not loading, you can check in lspci for example

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Bridge [8086:27b8] (rev 01)

and add device id and vendor id in applelpc.kext/contents/info.plist for example

<string>AppleLPC</string>

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

<string>pci8086,27b8</string> //--this add vendor id

<string>pci8086,2811</string>

<string>pci8086,2815</string>

<string>pci8086,27b9</string>

<string>pci8086,27bd</string>

<string>pci8086,2670</string>

<string>pci8086,8119</string>

<string>pci8086,2916</string>

<string>pci8086,3a18</string>

<string>pci10de,aac</string>

<string>pci10de,aae</string>

<string>pci10de,aaf</string>

</array>

after Applelpc.kext is loading, you can check by ioregestryexplorer.app in ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin section, there is new info for AICPMVers for example AICPMVers 0x1140105

AppleLPC.kext is already loaded. BTW, i reduced a bit the temperature with VoodooPowerMini.kext, any other suggestions?

Change your SMBIOS for MBP8,3

Good Luck!!!

• Like 1

Wait a moment, your CPU is not a Sandy-Bridge and you don't need a patched AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.

Make sure that AppleLPC is loaded and add try the Chameleon's functions to generate C&P States.

GenerateCStates

Yes

GeneratePStates

Yes

Talking about the emulating, why a MBP8,3?? You should emulate one of these models:

MacBookPro6,1 (17")

MacBookPro6,2 (15")

MacBookPro7,1 (13")

http://en.wikipedia....iki/MacBook_Pro

You could use a tool to get a correct smbios.plist ...something like Champlist or others.

p.s. remove VoodooMiniPower

No, my CPU is ARRANDALE. AppleLPC is loaded every time and i have already GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates strings in my chameleon.boot.plist. What model do you suggest me? The first time i have installed Lion the smbios was Macbook8,1.

GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates strings activated, used SMBIOS as MacbookPro6,2: Result? 57°C minimum, 65°C maximum. A bit better, but i want less °C because when i do a simple action, like opening System Profiler or an application, the CPU goes at the max temperature!

You are ready

http://www.osx86.net/view/2805-speedstep_without_dsdt.html

And remember-you are not enable corectly P-states and C-states,needed smbios.plist and recomended-ENABLE ThermalProfile in your mashine,dont need DSDT

this is only for help you how to create ThermalProfile for your Core i Processor

check for Mac model with the same procesor like your

kext name is iOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contens/Plugins/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext

Sorry for cuestion,you have OS?What?Leopard,Snow or Lion?

http://www.mactracker.ca/

ThermalProfileMBP8.1.zip

Nice

Post latter will work MBP8.1,and remove string for Pstates and Cstates in boot.plist

• 2 weeks later...