After install iAtkos L2 my screen dont work

Fanboy 13

12 posts in this topic

After installing iAtkos L2 with -x -v then when i boot from my SSD my sound works ok but the screen is not working. At customize i click the following :

Bootloader : Chameleon 2.1

Bootloader Options: Graphics Enabler & Built-in Ethernet (which has zero KB)

Patches : FaceSMC & Disabler & RTC & EvOreBoot

Drivers : Main Hardware : SATA/IDE : AHCI SATA & SSD Trim Support

Sound : VoodooHDA : v2.2

USB : USB

PS/2

Laptop Battery

VGA : nVidia : NVEnabler

Network : Wired & Wireless

Here are my specs :

Sony Vaio F12

CPU: Intel i7-840QM

GPU: Nvidia GT 330M

MoBo: Sony MainBoard intel PM55

SoundCard: realtek

Wireless: Atheros AR9287

HDD: Intel SSD 320 300Gb

Thank you in advance!

Can you boot -v -x and can you boot to the Desktop?

I'm worried that you have selected GraphicsEnabler and NVEnabler and they are interfering with one another. Might need to remove NVEnabler.kext.

I can boot to the deskop if i could see.I tried not to select graphics enabler and left only NVEnabler and nothing changed. Also i tried leaving selected only the graphics eneabler and the same thing happened. Remove the NVEnabler.kext from S/L/Extensions???

When booting on safe mode its the sam thing but i dont have sound

OK,, I did research on other people who have installed on Vaio F12 and they all have severe problems with video. I'm pretty sure we can get you video, but it will be stuck at one resolution and won't have any acceleration, so videos and games are out.

To get video, do the following:

Boot -s

You will be put into a text-only environment with a command line.

When you see the prompt "root:", type the following:

mount -uw /
cd /System/Library
touch Extensions
cd Extensions
mkdir VidBack
mv GeForce* NVDA* VidBack/

Boot -v -f

When I try to boot from the SSD with -s it sticks at pci configuration begin. But if I just boot normally it's ok but with no screen working. Do you have anything else in mind? Thank you again for your help. Can I add a kext so it may work? I'm using a USB to install.

No, if there was a simple fix or even a fix at all, I would have suggested it. Do a Google search for people with a Vaio F12. They all have problems with video and they have yet to find a solution.

Try booting with:

-s npci=0x2000

or

-s npci=0x3000

If that doesn't work, we can use the iAtkos install DVD. What is the name of your Mac partition that you installed Lion to?

It didn't boot not even with these commands. I dont want to have the best resolution but only a working screen. What do you think we can do with the iAtkos Installation? The Mac partition is called Lion.

Thank you.

Boot the iAtkos installer. Answer the language question. On the next screen, go to the Utilities menu and select Terminal.

Type:

cd /Volumes/Lion
cd System/Library
touch Extensions
cd Extensions
mkdir VidBack
mv GeForce* NVDA* VidBack/

Quit Terminal and reboot the computer using flags -v -f

Sorry but when i boot it freezes on the last screen with all the information and then the music from the voice over starts! Something went right...! Thank you but still the same problem. Can i try something else?? Can't thank you enough!

I don't know what else to do. You say it stops on the screen with all the text. Can you give me a picture of that screen? Maybe it will provide some clue as to what the problem is because there should be no reason you aren't getting video now. Poor video, but video. In your selection you say you selected Network: Wired & Wireless. That is not a good selection. Maybe something there is causing a hang.