ASUS Maximus Formula (X38 Chipset). Problem with SLEEP.

ultraxmode

24 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I recently "hackintoshed" my system and everything seem to work great. (I even bought an Apple IR module and soldered it to a USB cable, and now my Apple Remote works as a dream). Read the system info below :

Motherboard : Asus Maximus Formula X38 Chipset Bios : 1403

Memory : 8GB Gskill 1066MHz DDR2

Processor : Q9550 Intel Core 2 Quad at 2.8GHz

DVD-ROM : Sony SATA

System Drive : Intel SSD 40GB

Data Drives : 2x2TB WD HDDs

Keyboard/Mouse Combo : Logitech LX710

Remote : New Apple Remote

This Hackintosh works as a HTPC with Plex installed on it.

My system restarts and shuts down wonderful, but there is a problem with SLEEP. When I "send it to sleep" via the Menu, everything turns off except the coolers. Seems that it cannot get into "deep sleep". Also If I try to "wake it" it doesnt want to. It stays there, doing nothing. I must press Power button or Reset to come back to reality.

Please can you help me solve this problem? I want to be able to wake my Hackintosh with the Apple Remote. It will be perfect If I can do that.

Thanks a lot guys!

Open the Terminal and type:

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

Oh ok. I didnt know. Sorry. My fault. Thanks for the file! I will check it out and tell how it goes!

Thanks again!

Buoo... IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY!!!! Im so happy! haha! Plex is working GREAT with the Apple Remote and the Sleep and Wake function! Now my HTPC is REALLY an HTPC. No keyboard needed! :P

Grazie mille !!!!

buoo,

I had a strange problem with my NVIDIA GT220 HDMI Audio and Lion. So I re-installed Mac OS X (Snow Leopard this time, cause this GPU used to work with another motherboard in SL)...but Sleep doesn't work (again). I copied the DSDT.aml you developed the other day in the Extra folder with no luck. Sleep doesn't fully work. Wake not at all.

I extracted the DSDT.aml with the command you said the other time and I attached it to this post. Can you PLEASE patch it? I have a Maximus Formula X38 if you remember.

I am building this Hackintosh for Home Theater purposes and as you can imagine, the people, the pizzas and the drinks are all waiting for it to (finally) WORK. :)

Thank you SO SO MUCH.

Question : Does Mac OS X Snow Leopard vs. Mac OS X Lion have differences in sleeping and waking function? I thought that the DSDT.aml would be the same. I found it unusual that your DSDT.aml didnt work this time (in Snow Lepoard)...

EDIT : I have an old Chameleon Version installed. Do we have a problem with that?

EDIT2 : I installed the latest Chameleon bootloader and I had no luck...again. Please, can you help me? :(

dsdt.aml.zip

Ok, reinstalled at Mac OS X Snow Leopard version 10.6.3. I think I will update to 10.6.7. I still cant sleep/wake and now I can't Shutdown. (that's why I want to update to 10.6.7, don't know if it is a right solution)...

I just want to make Sleep work like it used to (after the DSDT.aml you gave me) :(

In case you want to patch my DSDT, I attached it.

Thanks again.

PS : I dont know if it helps, but I also have SMBios.plist in Extra folder. Is it a problem?... :(

dsdt.aml.zip

Thanks a lot buoo! But.. unfortunately, sleep is not working. Only the display "sleeps". Fans and everything are still working. (Wake does not work of course). SHUTDOWN now works though!... Do you think I must update to 10.6.7? Will it help?

Bootloader has to do with it? I have Chameleon 2.1 (Myhack 2.1) installed. Do I have to change it?

Hi buoo. Sorry that I asked for your help so many times. Of course you have better things to do than fixing my DSDT.aml.

I just want a last favor. Or maybe 2. Seriously.

1. I want you to make me a DSDT.aml file from my attachment

2. Can you PLEASE tell me how you do it (only for the SLEEP and WAKE function) so I can make my own DSDT files from now on. I dont want to be a pain in the @ss. Really.

Thank you very much. I will never ask another thing. Swear to God. :)

dsdt.aml.zip

• 1 month later...

buoo,

I also have the wake from sleep issue with black screen. My DSDT was patched back when Mald0n was making dsdt all over the place. I still use his patcher and have all the dsdt's he ever made.

Can you show me which section to add that script to get wake to work correctly or has my dsdt already been patched for that?

My Bios was a converted Maximus Formula to Rampage Formula BIOS v0803 but not too much difference from stock Maximus Formula Bios.

Patched and Vanilla dsdt's attached!!

Thanks

dsdt.aml_Asus_Maximus_Converted_Bios_Rampage_0803_Mald0n_Patcher_7-28-12.aml.zip

dsdt.dsl_Vanilla.zip