Toshiba Laptop Success Stories?

PolishOX

95 posts in this topic

never noticed this thread before....

i am currently working on tweaking my Toshiba R25 (305) TabletPC, it is running with uphuck v1.4i OSX 10.4.9, tablet functionality WORKS!

since the wifi is iwi3945, I have not deleted XP off its hard drive, also numerous small issues still need addressing, but my TabletMac rocks!

Toshiba A30 PSA30A with Intel Extreme Graphic, Realtek Lan, AC97 Sound card.

I found out on some other threads that it is the graphic card causing these problems?!?! I have do not have laptop with me now... won't have it for few days so I can't post the photo. It does not give any panic just freezes after certant point. I also tried booting with -v and it was the same... just freezes.

• 2 weeks later...

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4487

Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 (1.67ghz)

2GB Ram

Intel 3945 Wireless Card (works with iwdarwin 3945 driver only on open wi-fi - no wep/wpa/wpa2)

Realtek 8100 series gigabit etherner (TOH 10.4.11 driver support)

Intel GMA950

Belkin F5D7050 rev 4 usb wireless zd1211 driver.

SATA 100GB - Vista Home Premium

SATA 120GB - TOH MAC OS X X86 10.4.11 - loaded EFI 8.0 ( system boots but have not noticed any differences)

Realtek HDA Audio ALC862-VD - using azillia - speakers only. Tried the HDA patcher 1.20 with a dump file from linux but still only speakers. No headphones or IN/MIC ports.

USB 2.0 - Works

Firewire - Works (tried to migrate from a G4 dual cpu but the migrate only picked up the 40gb ide drive - never saw the 120gb - for another day)

Fingerprinter reader - No way

Builtin SD/XD/MS card reader - No way - use an external card reader

Parallels appears to be able to boot the vista partion but not likely to try that until I shut off aero and some of the bloat ware sections of vista or

replace the memory modules with 2GB sticks for 4GB. Would like to replace the T5500 cpu with either a T7400 or a T7600 CPU when this

Laptop's warranty expires. Right now the T7400 and T7600 are quite expensive (400 to 625.00 USD)

Vista - Slow in all points

OS X - Flies.

I am using Toshiba A105-S4383

Mac osx - Leopard 10.5.0

Graphic card - GMA950 (working)

Audio - ALC861 (only working for speaker. mic nor-working)

Wire network - intel P10/100V (need patch to working)

wifi- 3945 (nor-working change AR5424 perfect)

install step.

1. need to install macnub 10.4.10

2. from macnub 10.4.10 upgrade to Leopard 10.5.0 (HoT RC2)

3. use brazil patch to patch. 100% working.

now try to install EFI and Vanilla kernel. upgrade to 10.5.1 and multiboot.

• 2 weeks later...

Toshiba satellite m35x-s109

Got it working with Jas OSX 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE2 with PPF1 & PPF2

just installed the intel kernel, application support, x11 and all graphics kernels

straight up smooth boot at startup.

worked for 3 days on the PCMCIA Cardbus (ENE CB1410). Got it working thanks to bugs bunny on here.

Got the WUSB54G usb wireless card working on it as well.

now working on getting my microsoft WN825G PCMCIA card working as it isnt natively recognized and kextload gives a driver error for AppleAirport.

goodluck all!

Edit: after 3 hours, I finally got my PCMCIA Network card working!!

this post was a lotta help in getting that going:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry560146

Got me a fully functional hackintosh working.

Happy New Year!

• 1 month later...

Toshiba M70-147

http://nl.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi...UCT_ID=109802#0

Kalyway 10.5.1

SSE2 on

MBR EFI on

Rest off...

P m1.73 2mb

2gb 667 Kingston

80gb sata

Ati X600se mob 128mb @ 1024x786 (want 1280-800!!!) not working like it should

Sound works! out of the box

Lan works! out of the box

Wifi nope (intel 2200bg) :(

Hoping to get the X600 2 work.

Tryed a lot but no succes....

Here's details of my MacInToshIBA

Satellite Pro A100-830 PSAACE 00W002EN with Intel® 945PM Express Chipset

Intel Centrino Duo T7200 2 Ghz (detected as 1 CPU 2 cores at 1.99 Ghz)

(note: there are massive hardware differences between different A100 models)

Install method:

I used the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD

I then updated using the Kalyway 10.5.2 combo update with the modbin 9.2 kernel (I tried vanilla 9.2 but it caused endless reboot cycle)

Warning: I stupidly installed the Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 after updating to 10.5.2 and it caused black screen boots with no safe mode possible. Had to fix by booting to the install disk, going to terminal and removing all graphics related kexts. Best avoid the update on this machine!

Video : 15.4" TFT Display 1280 x 800 with ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 256 MB (Device ID: 0x71c5)

I used the ATIMobileX1600Pack and Driver ATI Mobility X1600 Toshi_A100.

It now works fine with changeable resolutions etc. It was rock solid in safe mode but on a normal boot I was experiencing random freezing. I've now solved this following instructions found here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...3074&st=180 and http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=43891

Audio: Intel High Definition Audio (ID: 0x1179FF10)

I got this working using the AzaliaAudio.pkg and it's fine.

I have not tested Audio In and believe it is probably not working.

Wireless (Intel 3945ABG). This is not yet working but it looks like there are promising drivers under active development so fingers crossed. See latest news in http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...4072&st=280

Ethernet (Intel Pro/100 82557 chipset).

I am pretty sure I had it working 100% under 10.5.1 using a tweak to the IONetworkingFamily.kext however at some point after I installed 10.5.2 I found it was saying no connection found although it was working fine in safe mode. In the end I found I needed to use -f boot flag to make it work correctly again.

See http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry523297

PCMCIA / PC Card not working out of the box but is now recognized and working thanks to Chun-Nan rev8 http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=81036

USB is working fine as far as I can tell using a pen drive to do my tests. Didn't need to fix anything.

Firewire was fine initially (had it networked) but now it seems to stopped - perhaps since I got the pcmcia working. Firewire networking is showing no connection when I know there is but the system.log shows the the firewire device is being detected. I need to do more tests.

Currently sleep / hibernate appears not working but I need to do more tests. I install a new power management bundle from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=80425 and that gave me some progress. There is no a battery meter but it's calculated time is ridiculous. The computer will go into sleep (sleep from power button) but will not wake up and fails to reboot on first attempt. Progress of sorts I guess.

Bluetooth is not working even after using kexts from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;hl=bluetooth

Keyboard. I tried a couple of things to get the keyboard remapped to the correct (UK) layout - Ukelele and the microsoft keyboard layouts. Neither would let me map the key between the left shift and the Z key. This means I have no backslash and no bar direct from the keyboard at present.

Memory card reader not tested yet.

My system is identified by the OS as the following...

Model: Mac Pro, BootROM Hack.int.0sh, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 1.99 GHz, 1 GB

Graphics: kHW_ATIr520Item, ATY,RadeonX1600, spdisplays_pcie_device, 256 MB

Memory Module: Bank 0/M1, 1 GB, DDR SDRAM, 667 MHz

Network Service: Ethernet, Ethernet, en0

Serial ATA Device: TOSHIBA MK1234GSX, 111.79 GB

Parallel ATA Device: MAT{censored}ADVD-RAM UJ-841S, 4.38 GB

xbench score 96.34

Geekbench Score 2573

Operating System Mac OS X 10.5.2 (Build 9C31)

Processor Intel® Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz

Memory 1.00 GB 667 MHz DDR SDRAM

Edited by benuk

Install using Kalyway 10.5.1 and updated to 10.5.2 (Kalyway)

My Spec:

Toshiba Tecra M9 Core 2 Duo T7550

Graphics Card: Nvidia Quadro NVS 130M 512MB (Working on external monitor only with NVInject 0.2.1)

Audio: ALC262 (Not Working)

Wireless : 4965N (Not Working)

Ethernet: Intel 82566 (Not Working)

hello everyone..

im using a toshiba satellite A100-011

basic characteristics..

processor: intel centrino core duo 1.86

ram: 2gb

hdd: 160gb

graphics: nvidia 7600 256mb

my system is dual-booted vista home premium & mac osx 10.4.9

everything was ok with the mac even though the graphics, except wireless [intel 3945abg] !! but i tried installing the update to 10.4.10

and my soundcard [realtek] doesnt work...i go to system/sound/output and the list is empty....

i tried copying the drivers from the tiger 10.4.9 cd..but it didnt work..

any help ??! thnx in advance guys..

I just replaced my intel wireless adapter (iw3945) with one from a macbook 13.3 inch laptop and it works like a charm. plus it is a better card because it supports n and i have an n router. This is perfect! no more waiting for drivers. It was tedious putting it in (had to take my computer apart) but it is well worth it. I now have wireless without a usb adapter. woo hoo! ;) the chip only cost me 15 bucks on ebay

I successfully installed OSx86 on my toshiba a200 and I had no troubles with disabling dual core in the BIOS settings. Although I am frustrated about trying to get a patch to work with my Intel 3945 ABG wireless card. I am using realtek fast ethernet adapter but I do have troubles with it sometimes. everything worked jsut fine for me otherwise.

toshiba_mac24

I have a toshiba satellite A15-S127 with the following specs:

Intel mobile 2.0 ghz

1 gb ram

160 gb hdd

Intel Graphics 82852/82855

SoundMAX Digital Audio

LinkSys Wireless-G WPC54G ver. 4

So far eveything but the sound and the wireless are working (the wireless will never work because of some weird chipset) without any hacks or changes

• 1 month later...

I have a Toshiba A100-psaara

CPU Mobile DUO T5000 1.66 GHZ

250 gb hard drive

7300 go graphics

bluetooth

3945 wireless networking (not currently working)

intel pro wireless

kalyway 10.5.1

About to update

will keep you informed

I have a Toshiba Qosmio F45-411 with core 2 duo T5450 and GMA x3100

installed kalyway 10.5.2: everything working(QE/CI,sleep,audio and fingerprintreader) except build in webcam.the webcam works only with iusb.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Satellite A25-S3072 with a P4 3.0 GHZ

it has a Trident CyberAladdin video card

512RAM

Realtek ethernet card

and also Atheros wireless

I want to install MAC OS X on this computer can anyone point me in the right direction to get the installation working?

I have tried 10.4.6 but i just get the apple logo screen and then the reboot screen with 4 languages.

I have also tried Kalyway 10.5.2 intel amd, also iATKOS 1.0i and 2.0i but no luck

Thanks.

I got an A105-S4334

i used kalyway 10.5.2

-c2d 1.6ghz working well

-usb works with flash+external hdd, webcam, bluetooth, wifi dongle (netgear wg111v2 working with realtek -drivers)

-sleep sometimes works sometimes doesn't. leo boots pretty quick so it's a non issue for me

-3945abg not working

-intel pro/100 ve ethernet not working with fixes i've tried

-sound works but can't chage volume on os, only volume wheel on laptop (no inputs though) no big deal

-gma950 graphics work with old framebuffer kext at native res (1280x800) but no quartz extreme so itunes album art browser + front row not working.

does anyone know how to resolve the Quartz Extreme issue i'm having?

• 3 weeks later...

I Have a Toshiba a300-Ibl, and i'm running Kalyway 1.5.2, there isnt any problem with drivers, The ones that don't work are the most usfull

as the ethernet driver, and the wifi, card.

I only can connect to internet through a usb cable to my router.

Its the 4rth dvd I've recorded, so it works fine at the moment