• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts
Hey guys!

I REALLY am desperate here. I am building up a collection of OSes from the past and it is going very swimingly so far. However, I have had NO luck in finding NeXTstep 4.0 Beta for Intel and it is driving me nuts. Does ANYBODY have a copy somewhere? I really need to see this wonderful OS. Thank you SO MUCH. This forum rocks the house!

Guru

sHARD>>

sHARD>>

All we are is dust in the wind...

• Retired
  • 976 posts

Hey guys!
I REALLY am desperate here. I am building up a collection of OSes from the past and it is going very swimingly so far. However, I have had NO luck in finding NeXTstep 4.0 Beta for Intel and it is driving me nuts. Does ANYBODY have a copy somewhere? I really need to see this wonderful OS. Thank you SO MUCH. This forum rocks the house!

Guru

I have some various copies of 4.0 Intel (on real CDs no less), but that's it unfortunately. Most copies you will "find" are corrupt.

AriX

AriX

InsanelyGeeky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
I'm trying to find a copy right now, but could you (Rhapsody Guru) tell us what versions you already have? Because there are some versions that I'd love if you could iso and send to me.

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts

I have some various copies of 4.0 Intel (on real CDs no less), but that's it unfortunately. Most copies you will "find" are corrupt.

I know I souldn't say this, but, since it is a beta after all, can you make an iso out of it and send it to me thru a secure connection? I am in dying need!

I'm trying to find a copy right now, but could you (Rhapsody Guru) tell us what versions you already have? Because there are some versions that I'd love if you could iso and send to me.

Well... I had NeXTstep 3.3, but the rar I downloaded had a CRC error on a few files. I tried to repair it in vain. No luck!

Guru

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts
I think I may have hit a goldmine, thanks to sHARD>>. Dude, sHARD>>, you rock!

Guru

NeXT Freak

NeXT Freak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes indeed. I hope the Guru knows what he is doing, because I really want NeXTstep 4.0 Beta in my software collection too!

NeXT Freak

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts
Yeah... I sure do buddy. Don't worry about it.

:D

Guru

P.S. Ok, Actually NeXT Freak is my younger brother who is just as much into computers as I am. I coxed him on the forums.

sHARD>>

sHARD>>

All we are is dust in the wind...

• Retired
  • 976 posts
I can't give anyone betas. I do have good copies of some other things around, but abandonware is questionably legal and thus doesn't belong in the forum.

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts
Eh.. ok.

Guru

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts

I can't give anyone betas. I do have good copies of some other things around, but abandonware is questionably legal and thus doesn't belong in the forum.

i respect that.

max

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts
Ok... maybe this thread should be closed.

Guru

John T. Folden

John T. Folden

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hey guys!

I would, also, be interested in seeing this live and in person. I spent years working with NeXT software but never got a chance to see this coveted beta release.

John

icey-ice-ice

icey-ice-ice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
i have an installed vesion on a hard drive. =S

Rhapsody Guru

Rhapsody Guru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Gurus
  • 239 posts

i have an installed vesion on a hard drive. =S

WOW! Really?

Guru

hexley83

hexley83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I know this is a pretty old thread but it just pains me to see rare, coveted software like this - software which is almost quite literally on the cusp of extinction withheld from users, and condemned to eventual death.

I realize our Byzantine copyright system is intolerable at the best of times but this software is of $0 commercial value. Nobody would use it. There is no (commercial) demand for it. This software deserves to be liberated, not lost to eventual death via CD-R bit rot.

Wraith

Wraith

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
NeXTstep 4.0 = Openstep 4.0?

bwhsh8r

bwhsh8r

InsanelyMac Deity

• Gurus
  • 2,085 posts
lol i think i at least used to have that

lemme look for it

Jeezoflip

Jeezoflip

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:Computers of course!
i have an openstep 4 parallels image if ur interested.

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
NeXTstep really does look like (and is :hysterical: ) the predecessor of OS X:

Posted Image

macusr

macusr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Musica, Escrito, Dibujo, y Mac
Man if you get a hold of this, please, please send it to me. I am willing to pay via paypal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy