OS X on Acer 4810TZG

aquadog

33 posts in this topic

The Empire EFI does extra things to your installation when it boots. It was the cause of the kernel panic that you took the picture of in posting #21 above. We've got to get Chameleon working somehow so you can enter boot flags without using Empire EFI. It just confuses matters. If we can't get this install DVD to do it, then we'll have to wait for the other iDeneb that you are obtaining.

Ok I have tried installing just the chameleon and other things but it doesnt boot. I have the HDD partitioned one is win 7 other macos but none boots just underscore flashing

Thanks for the explanation about the EFI

I guess I have to wait for the v1.5 althrough v1.5 uses chameleon v2 as well

Yes, 1.5 uses Chameleon v2. But it shouldn't be the revision that is the problem. I believe there is an error in the way it is trying to install Chameleon and that is why you get the blinking underscore. Somewhere in the recesses of my memory I remember problems like this, but I can't remember which Distros had the problem. I'm hoping the problem is not there in 1.5.

You can try Empire EFI again with the boot flags "-v -x cpus=1 mach_kernel". That might get around the problem. There are also several revisions to Empire and some are designed for 10.6.x. I don't know which revision you have.

Yes, 1.5 uses Chameleon v2. But it shouldn't be the revision that is the problem. I believe there is an error in the way it is trying to install Chameleon and that is why you get the blinking underscore. Somewhere in the recesses of my memory I remember problems like this, but I can't remember which Distros had the problem. I'm hoping the problem is not there in 1.5.

You can try Empire EFI again with the boot flags "-v -x cpus=1 mach_kernel". That might get around the problem. There are also several revisions to Empire and some are designed for 10.6.x. I don't know which revision you have.

Ok that explains the blinking underscore. I have tried but stops at the same screen as in the thread 21.

The vesion that I am trying to install is 10.5.7

I will get back when I get the v1.5

Thanks for everything anyway!!!

Ok I got iDeneb v1.5.1 that would install 10.5.7

Made new installation customize it installing just Chameleon v2 bootloader and Voodo Battery manager. The system doesnt boot.. again it stops at the message where it asks you to restart my computer.

When I am trying to boot without CD I cant see the chameleon bootloader again... it just says:

error: unkonown filesystem.

grub rescue> _

The system doesnt boot.. again it stops at the message where it asks you to restart my computer.

When Chameleon starts, hit any key to stop it. Type boot flag -v and press <Enter>

What does it say when it hangs?

the thing is chameleon never starts on its own. I can boot when the CD is still in and if I press any key it will got to the installation if I fress F8 it will go to the options for installing the MAC os x.... it a wired situation... I will try installing just the chameleon v1 and see what that does.

Booting with the DVD, when you press F8 to enter options, doesn't it show you more than one disk? It will show the install DVD and it should also show you the Mac Disk with the OSX installation. You type -v and use the arrow key to select the Mac Disk with the OSX installation. If you say "No", I'm going to want a picture of it.