OS X on Acer 4810TZG

aquadog

33 posts in this topic

Hi guys

I have been messing around with the hackintosh installation on my ACER 4810TZG laptop

Here are the specs:

Intel Pentium SU2700 1.3 GHz Processor

2 MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz Bus speed

3072 MB DDR3 (PC3-8500) RAM Max: 4GB

320 GB SATA Hard Drive

14" Acer CrystalBrite (1366 x 768) LED-Backlit Display

Built-in Acer Crystal Eye Webcamera

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD with up to 1759MB Shared Video Memory

DVD�R/RW Drive with Double Layer

Intel WiFi Link 5100 802.11a/b/g/n

HSDPA

10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader - SD, MMC, MS, MS Pro, xD

ExpressCard 54 Slot

Ports: 3 x USB 2.0, Headphone/Line-out(S/PDIF); Microphone, VGA, HDMI, RJ-45

Approximate Unit Dimensions: 13.3" (W) x 9.4" (D) x 0.9" ~ 1.1"(H)

Approximate Unit Weight: 4.2 Pounds

I have managed to install the mac os x on a separate partition and etc, so then I boot from CD again and wait for iDeneb to do the job but I get CPU kernel panic

i know that i should try to boot with -v -x pus=1 but If I press F8 and put the code in it will just boot installation CD... Not sure how to sort it out...

Also if you know a good Snow Leopard software that I could use instead of this let me know plsease

Thanks for you input!!!

post-678281-0-40440200-1337451388_thumb.jpg

Why are you booting from the DVD? Once it is installed, you should be able to remove the DVD and it will (try) to boot on its own.

Now the problem is your graphics. There is no support for the 4500HD and it is trying, but that is what is causing the kernel panic.

Remove the DVD and boot the computer. Tap F8 until it stops trying to boot or you get a command prompt. I don't know which iDeneb you are using, so I don't know whether you will get a moving bar that will stop when you press any key or whether you get a command prompt after tapping F8.

Anyway, when you get it to stop trying to boot, type -s and press <Enter>. This will boot you to a command line interface. Once you see the prompt "root:", do the following:

Type:  mount -uw /
Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  mv ATIRadeonX2000.kext ATIRadeonX2000.kext.bak

Now boot the computer again and do whatever is required to stop the booting. Type -v -f and press <Enter>

Why are you booting from the DVD? Once it is installed, you should be able to remove the DVD and it will (try) to boot on its own.

Now the problem is your graphics. There is no support for the 4500HD and it is trying, but that is what is causing the kernel panic.

Remove the DVD and boot the computer. Tap F8 until it stops trying to boot or you get a command prompt. I don't know which iDeneb you are using, so I don't know whether you will get a moving bar that will stop when you press any key or whether you get a command prompt after tapping F8.

Anyway, when you get it to stop trying to boot, type -s and press <Enter>. This will boot you to a command line interface. Once you see the prompt "root:", do the following:

Now boot the computer again and do whatever is required to stop the booting. Type -v -f and press <Enter>

Thanks for the reply

If i remove the CD and just let it boot I will get blinking underscore sign and nothing else.

I have used EMPIRE EFI v1.04 to use my osx but I just get a white letters on white background... not sure if I can choose to type in any code...

The iDeneb version that I use is 1.6 leopard 10.5.5 with an update to 10.5.8

I have installed all intel drivers (during installation) not sure if that changes anything.

Thanks

Mike

Boot the DVD to the installer. Answer the language question. In the next screen, go to the Utilities menu and select Terminal.

In Terminal:

Type:  cd "/Volumes/(name of your Mac Disk)"  <==use quotes but not parentheses
Type:  cd System/Library/Extensions   <== Note: there is no slash before System
Type:  cd ../
Type:  touch Extensions

Reboot the computer and let the DVD handle the boot.

Boot the DVD to the installer. Answer the language question. In the next screen, go to the Utilities menu and select Terminal.

In Terminal:

Type:  cd "/Volumes/(name of your Mac Disk)"  <==use quotes but not parentheses
Type:  cd System/Library/Extensions   <== Note: there is no slash before System
Type:  cd ../

Reboot the computer and let the DVD handle the boot.

Doing it now

Thanks again

Do u know any know good hardware for mac os x lion and onwards with i5 1155 CPU?

I did what you have asked me but I get the same error... I sure that the terminal did something as it lagged for couple of seconds

The laptop has an option in the bios to switch graphics depending on whenever power supply is connected or ont. At the moment the supply is connected so it uses radeon 4330 graphics. i have an option to use switchable or dedicated only... Meaby this causes a problem?

Are you sure it is exactly the same error? How about a picture?

When you installed, did you select "bootloader" as one of your options?

Chameleon v2 bootloader is selected as default.

I know there are other softwares like the iatkos meaby other software will work better?

I suspect they will all hang on your video just like iDeneb does.

Look at the 1st picture above. 2/3 of the way down it says ATIRadeonX2000.

What does the kernel panic say at that same spot now?

If it make you happy, but you are still going to have the same kernel panic, I predict.

I just posted it to you so u can have a look and see if there is a particular reason

I said before…OSX does not support the ATI 4500HD. It pukes on it. With a lot of work you can get it to have a native resolution but no QE/CI (acceleration) for videos and games.

It is also best to select only things that you are positive you need, not things that sound nice. You have an Intel 5100 wifi card for which there is no support in OSX. It will never work. You chose to install an Atheros wifi driver. You chose to install a USB fix when you don't know that you need it. It is best to get the thing booted and then find out what doesn't work and then, for those things that can be fixed, go get the right fix for it.

If you notice, the "iDeneb Main System" (1st item) can be unchecked. Which means that if you uncheck that and then only check certain fixes, you can run the installer over and over again, adding more and more fixes as you find you need them. There is also a website called kexts.com that has a boatload of drivers for most everything.

Why don't we try to get this puppy booted? Give me the exact name of your Mac drive and I will give you another routine to run in Terminal in the installer and we will get passed this kernel panic and see what happens after that?

Why don't we try to get this puppy booted? Give me the exact name of your Mac drive and I will give you another routine to run in Terminal in the installer and we will get passed this kernel panic and see what happens after that?

The drive is called "macos" I have found working tutorial here on insanelymac forum althrough it uses iDeneb v1.5. Im currently downloading this version.

I have been reading about selecting things and you are right its better select just couple of things rather then everything.

I dont care about wireless because I have a spare WiFi Dell 1490 card which is supported by mac osx.

I will try to use iDeneb v1.5 and report with the results.

Thanks

While you're waiting on iDeneb 1.5, why not see if we can get passed this kernel panic. What else have you got to do?

In Terminal:

Type:  cd /Volumes/macos
Type:  cd System/Library
Type:  cd Extensions
Type:  mkdir ATIBack
Type:  mv ATI* ATIBack/

Boot the computer using the DVD.

My bad….

In Terminal:

Type:  cd /Volumes/macos
Type:  cd System/Library
Type:  cd Extensions
Type:  mkdir KextBack
Type:  mv ATI* KextBack/

Boot the computer using the DVD.

now it stops at the screen with message

YOU NEED TO RESTSRT YOUR COMPUTER.....

in many languages

I guess thats another kernel panic

this is a new installation where I have chosen only Voodoo Battery Manager and IOUSBFamlilyFix

I have tried to Empire EFI to boot it with "-v -x cpus=1" but I get this error

it stalls immidiately on this message

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w423/aquadog90/IMG_1370.jpg

Try a partial installation with your install DVD.

UN-check everything

Then:

check Bootloader - Chameleon v2

check iDeneb Essential Patches - AppleDecrypt

check Cleanup

Then try to boot without the DVD

Try a partial installation with your install DVD.

UN-check everything

Then:

check Bootloader - Chameleon v2

check iDeneb Essential Patches - AppleDecrypt

check Cleanup

Then try to boot without the DVD

What do you mean by partial instalation?

Remember I said you can run the installer over and over again and only install the pieces that you want. I'm asking you to run the installer again. But with everything turned off except the 3 things I listed.

Remember I said you can run the installer over and over again and only install the pieces that you want. I'm asking you to run the installer again. But with everything turned off except the 3 things I listed.

OK was just making sure that I am doing the right thing will let you know when its finished