6990M Working!

Warren1240

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have been searching around for ages trying to figure out how to get proper support on my 6990m in my M17x-r2 and I have finally done it. I can watch movies, the dashboard has the ripples around new added widgets in dashboard and video is run smoothly.

Basically what i did was install a fresh copy of iAtkos L2 with chimera bootloader, did not check any graphics options then booted with GE=Y. I then installed OSX86 Tools and enabled quartz GL restarted and then it all worked!! :thumbsup_anim:

So happy got the laptop display and an external monitor working at full HD (1920x1080).

I really hope that this helps others trying to do the same to get up and running because I have been searching for ages and ended up fixing by messing about, after doing all kinds of complex things (well at least for me.. lol) then this was so simple, I am amazed it worked.

Well I will post a video of it today/tomorrow on youtube for you then. I was thinking about what else might be different and I remembered I have a different bios on the GPU then it came with as I was messing about with clocks and ended up having to find another bios to get my GPU working properly again. Also an update on everything, I have sound from laptop now, although occasionally a slightly crackly not sure why, I need to get a wi fi card at the moment I am using a USB one. And the battery icon works occasionally as well (yet again dont know why), and my processor never gets to 3.2 GHz as it does in windows it only manages just above 2 with the 5% over-clock in the bios, not sure how to get it to turbo boost in OS X.

• 5 years later...