Win7 and uEFI

Elite Jaguar

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been searching in Google about uEFI and Windows 7, but still have a few questions. My notebook supports uEFI boot (attached a BIOS picture), but right now it boots into the BIOS.

To start I have these 3 questions:

1-. If I already have my PC with Windows 7 (BIOS/MBR), can I switch to (uEFI/GPT) without formatting??

2-. What does uEFI affect?? Only how my PC boots or anything else??

3-. If I had uEFI, would it be easier to have a Win7/Mac OS X Lion dual-boot??

P.D.: My original problem was that I'm not able to modify my CPU settings on the BIOS, specifically Enable Intel Virtualization Technology. I searched on the BIOS, but didn't find any place to modify the CPU settings. If there's any other way to enable this, please let me know.

P.D. 2: My notebook specs:

ASUS K53SC

Intel Core i5

4 Gb RAM

Intel HD Graphics 3000

NVIDIA GeForce GT 520MX

There is no picture attached to your post.

You can't change from MBR to GPT without formatting your drive.

EFI on PCs is not the same as EFI on Macs, it doesn't make it any easier to install OS X on your PC and it doesn't make it more compatible. Don't worry about it.

About VT-x: Use CPU-z on Windows to find more details about your CPU. Then look it up on Intel's site and check if it really supports VT-x.