New build, got a few questions

Fireflash

1 post in this topic

Hi guys! I've been a happy Mac user for a few years now, but I've recently purchased the parts to build me a new PC, as I'm itchin' to game again. To help finance this little project I'll be selling my iMac, and it suddenly dawned on me to check here to see if I stood a snowballs chance in hell of running OSX86 on it, continuing to enjoy the best of both worlds. Looks like it'll happen, which make me very happy!

My new machine has an i7-2600k with an ASUS P8Z68-V LE motherboard, 8 gigs of RAM, and an EVGA Superclocked GeForce GTX 570 HD.

Now the questions:

Since I have an iMac currently running Lion, what are the odds of running Lion on this new machine?

I have a Time Machine backup of my current Mac - can I use that to restore the "new" machine when I get OS X running?

I only have one hard drive, a 1TB Seagate and I was going to divvy it up for both. Or should I get another drive to run OS X? I have an old 160 gig WD IDE that I can slap in there with an IDE to SATA adapter for a while. Not preferred, but should get the job done.

Thanks for any advice/help y'all can provide. I'm stoked to get this going!