What distro should I be using for this?

4 posts in this topic

Hey, I have a custom computer that I built myself, and was wondering what Hackintosh distro I should be using.

Here are the specs -

CPU - Intel i3 550

GPU - Gigabyte HD 6850

HDD - 1TB Hitachi & 60GB Patriot Pyro SSD

MOBO - J&W H55M-L

Is it actually possible to turn this into a hackintosh? If not, what would I need to upgrade/change?

Hey, I have a custom computer that I built myself, and was wondering what Hackintosh distro I should be using.

Here are the specs -

CPU - Intel i3 550

GPU - Gigabyte HD 6850

HDD - 1TB Hitachi & 60GB Patriot Pyro SSD

MOBO - J&W H55M-L

Is it actually possible to turn this into a hackintosh? If not, what would I need to upgrade/change?

First what's your memory/RAM??

Secondly: ur basic OS is?

3rd: People here would recommend you go for the official app downloading from the mac store. I would leave it up to you. I am using the official version and its great.

4th: If you buy the MAc OS X Lion app, I would recommend the tutorials by CPUKID on YouTube. They are great, simple and very easy to follow.

5th: I would also suggest wait for ML as Lion will soon be old in some weeks. WHen ML officially hits the markets, I think the processes will be simplified to install it as opposed to now, where installing ML is complex as compare to Lion (at least for me it is).

So, there you are...as for your specs, it looks decent, but wait for some expert to reply.

Since OP posted under ML install, short answer is--none. There are no distros for Mountain Lion, is is a developer preview of a unreleased OS for purpose of beta testing it along with software for it. Unless you are planning on developing new or existing software to run on ML, suggest getting your feet wet on an actually released OS first, for which there is supported software, distros :( and other stuff.