Permanently Banned From Tonymacx86

mnfesq

752 posts in this topic

I've been an happy hackintosh user for four years by now, and sincerely I really don't care which method of installation is better as long as I can have my hack working properly. I've always bought original software by the way so I naturally exclude distros from my choiches.

I've started my hackintosh experience on this forum, but soon enough I moved to Tonymacx86. There, many people saved my bacon more than once and I'm grateful for that. In all honesty I must admit that I've find odd that some of my posts disappeared from a day to another, let's say they like to trim here and there and they do it too easly. Shame on them for this, but the overall experience was good enough and I donated too.

However, and still in honesty sake, I've never been treated as bad as I was here, on this forum, on the netbook/asus section; and it clearly was a moderator's mistake back then, which got solved lately but still made me migrate to tonymacx86.

This to say that, we all makes mistakes and you can find a**holes everywhere on earth and sometimes we have to deal with this... the real shame is when you shut other people mounth without giving the chance to explain or reply. So shame on two things; the easy bans and the (written or not) rule that one should never discuss a moderator opinion. {censored} :wink_anim:

Regards from another maccaroni English speaking Italian user :P

I've been an happy hackintosh user for four years by now, and sincerely I really don't care which method of installation is better as long as I can have my hack working properly. I've always bought original software by the way so I naturally exclude distros from my choiches.

I've started my hackintosh experience on this forum, but soon enough I moved to Tonymacx86. There, many people saved my bacon more than once and I'm grateful for that. In all honesty I must admit that I've find odd that some of my posts disappeared from a day to another, let's say they like to trim here and there and they do it too easly. Shame on them for this, but the overall experience was good enough and I donated too.

However, and still in honesty sake, I've never been treated as bad as I was here, on this forum, on the netbook/asus section; and it clearly was a moderator's mistake back then, which got solved lately but still made me migrate to tonymacx86.

This to say that, we all makes mistakes and you can find a**holes everywhere on earth and sometimes we have to deal with this... the real shame is when you shut other people mounth without giving the chance to explain or reply. So shame on two things; the easy bans and the (written or not) rule that one should never discuss a moderator opinion. {censored} :wink_anim:

Regards from another maccaroni English speaking Italian user :P

Forse non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco anche qui da noi, ma tra le Regole del Forum c'è anche quella di non discutere pubblicamente con i Moderatori, per il semplice fatto che loro (come me) sono stati preposti a moderare il forum, e devono fare dei tagli dove serve e se serve. Esiste anche una regola che se vuoi discuterci devi farlo in PM, altrimenti questo già basta per passare dalla ragione al torto (E' come se discuti con i Carabinieri per le regole fatte dallo stato, loro si devono attenere a quelle..)

Quello che non sai che anche un Moderatore ha delle regole ferree da seguire, e non può fare come gli pare: come Alessandro17 ha detto ci sono gli Amministratori, che possono essere super partes in eventuali diverbi.

Qui basta parlarne, e ti assicuro che nessuno ti può tappare la bocca!

Perhaps "not all the donuts can with a hole", even here, but between the Forum Rules is also to not publicly discuss with the Moderators, for the simple fact that they (like me) were responsible to moderate forum, and must make cuts where need it and if  need. There is also a rule that if you want to argue with a Moderator you must do it in PM, otherwise this already enough reason to switch to the wrong (it's like arguing with the Police for the rules made ​​by the State,... they must adhere to those ..)

What you do not know that even a Moderator has strict rules to follow, and can not do as he pleases: as Alessandro17 said there are Administrators who may be "Super Partes".

Just talking about it, and I assure you that no one can close your mouth!

Micky
  • Like 1

^ Good point that. If you've never had to do it, it's easy to forget that on the vast majority of forums out there, mods have to play by quite strict rules too. Then again, at tonycrapmac (cheers for the new name X58_OSX :lol:), obviously the mods are given a little more freedom to express their inner jerks than they probably should be. Their admins, or even the webmaster, needs to reign them in and probably fire a few of them for good measure too. Or do they want to promote that sort of environment... I've no idea. To sum up, InsanelyMac > tonycrapmac.

• Like 1

Well let's not get onto details about this, no need to stir the pot, it's been a long time by now. I've sent you a PM to clarify, Alessandro.

That said, let's get back on track; my point remains.  People should understand, on both sides (here and at Tony's place, and why not... everywhere) that at times a little tolerance and a second chance are way better that blindly follow the rules. The reason is pretty simple and this topic itself is the proof; when some act cocky, some will get upset. And those people will defiantly complain about that on other forums. Gain = 0 Loss = 100% :whistle:  'nuff said ;)

Regards,

L

• Like 1

there is no better method than use an original or unmodified image and mount the installer manually, without anything extra. basic system and your hw working part by part, via dsdt, ssdt, and other advanced tools.

here you are with some of the best osx86 experts in the world. there you are just an alien in a comercial site.

• Like 4

^ Good point that. If you've never had to do it, it's easy to forget that on the vast majority of forums out there, mods have to play by quite strict rules too. Then again, at tonycrapmac (cheers for the new name X58_OSX :lol:), obviously the mods are given a little more freedom to express their inner jerks than they probably should be. Their admins, or even the webmaster, needs to reign them in and probably fire a few of them for good measure too. Or do they want to promote that sort of environment... I've no idea. To sum up, InsanelyMac > tonycrapmac.

Oh no, it is not easy to forget, some things simply can not be made by the Moderators ..

Moderators seek advice before embarking on an action (if he has doubts), maybe can go wrong also, but not with eyes closed. 

I'm thinking about how we can discuss this, knowing that in other places just press "Edit" or "Delete", and everything is silenced forever! 

Fortunately on InsanelyMac, you can talk about that too. 
Of course there are rules, perhaps this Topic serves to purpose, in others you'd OT. 
A community of people needs rules to avoid chaos, and I assure you that moderation is important, but I think that regulates NR 1 is to be educated.  

However, this is my thought:

OSx86 is a game, it's good until it is a pleasure, not expecting anything, and do not complain if some things do not work.. 

many people think that aid is due, but they are wrong, because here all came from people who spend time (without pay), and  pretend that they fix everything is always an absurd request. I do like it when a person invents something and shares with others: just say thank you, do not pretend 

and taking into account all this, because who invents solutions has only his name to be recognized. 

See steal his work is immoral: there are those who have conscience, there are those who do not have one! 

..and some have forgotten that OSx86 is not  installation assistance, but share experiences (give and take). 

This is thought of Micky1979, not necessarily that of Micky1979 Moderator.

Micky
  • Like 5

No.. i can't remember so far.

Neither can I. Tonymac was originally a member here, not much different than any other. But then, in 2010, he started a long topic which was nothing but a long advertisement for his new forum. That topic was eventually deleted (but it can still be read by senior members of staff) and he got a warning, nothing serious.

Already at the time people were saying: "he steals from people without citing credit".

Until August 2011 he was asking for help from us for a pretty simple matter. What a guru!

• Like 4

..and some have forgotten that OSx86 is not  installation assistance, but share experiences (give and take).

You mean y'all don't have a money back guarantee? :P

Until August 2011 he was asking for help from us for a pretty simple matter. What a guru!

I'm sure he still is. Just under a different user name.

• Like 2

Neither can I. Tonymac was originally a member here, not much different than any other. But then, in 2010, he started a long topic which was nothing but a long advertisement for his new forum. That topic was eventually deleted (but it can still be read by senior members of staff) and he got a warning, nothing serious.

Already at the time people were saying: "he steals from people without citing credit".

PM me a link to that topic he made. Would like to see it. 

Pandora Box used to have among its unique features the ability to install any OSX version since 10.7. What are you saying that?, you'd all ask. The fact is, Voldemort just released his newold uni-spell, which also provides this amazing feat. Wonderful! Well, not: creating dopelgangers is a basic requisite for any mage apprentice.

• Like 1

^^ Not true. Voldemort's new uni-spell is incompatible with the latest Apple "Maverick" Wand, it just fizzles upon usage try ;)

• Like 1

^^ Not true. Voldemort's new uni-spell is incompatible with the latest Apple "Maverick" Wand, it just fizzles upon usage try ;)

this is because they banned people for talking about maveric magic before it was beta.. learning experience for them to not block talking of future OS in beta... HA their own rules bites them!

• 5 weeks later...

ive been banned too today at 8am for two days because i said apple was changing ati kext to amd in dp4 i know i broke the nda but since i seen at least 4 mods break the nda i thought it was safe shame shame aka mac man using a moded kernel by my standards thats breaks the rules too. i agree with not arguing with a mod in public but sometimes u have no choice because they have pm shut off.

there are too many double standards example anybody who makes a post without editing hardware in profile/signature is breaking the rules which is 98% of the time and those people dont get banned. there are 2 mods on this site too from tm site rehabman and toleda.

Also i seen mods linking piracy sites for kext this is a major no no . sorry for the long post i just want rules for everybody not just certion people. im glad i have more freedom on this great site thx for reading this boring post

i know i broke the nda but since i seen at least 4 mods break the nda i thought it was safe shame shame aka mac man using a moded kernel by my standards thats breaks the rules too.

Hyprocrisy on Tonymac's website? Unthinkable!

(Sarcasm not at your expense - as with all of these stories, it's a shame that such a website, built upon theft, still exists.)

ive been banned too today at 8am for two days because i said apple was changing ati kext to amd in dp4 i know i broke the nda but since i seen at least 4 mods break the nda i thought it was safe shame shame aka mac man using a moded kernel by my standards thats breaks the rules too. i agree with not arguing with a mod in public but sometimes u have no choice because they have pm shut off.

there are too many double standards example anybody who makes a post without editing hardware in profile/signature is breaking the rules which is 98% of the time and those people dont get banned. there are 2 mods on this site too from tm site rehabman and toleda.

Also i seen mods linking piracy sites for kext this is a major no no . sorry for the long post i just want rules for everybody not just certion people. im glad i have more freedom on this great site thx for reading this boring post

Rehabman and toleda?

This is proof that there is a lot of freedom!
Unfortunately, there are rules to follow here too, I hope you have read it  :)
Ok, I'll tell you one thing. Here no one can ban anyone, unless it does an Administrators:

Moderator, can hide, delete, edit your post, give warning.
If a user breaking the rules, the post concerned is taken into the subject to be discussed. But only Administrators can ban a user!

This makes me think that even on tonymac site the same thing happens ..... maybe you're concerned banned from tonymac, MacMan or Stork??  :P
Enjoy your stay here on InsanelyMac :)

Micky

You have been banned for the following reason:
Blatant disregard of forum policies recommending the use of non-tmx install methods.

Date the ban will be lifted: August 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM

:hysterical: For advising someone to use Clover or myHack  :thumbsup_anim:

Love the way they think everyone should use "their" products... :lol:

• Like 2

Blatant disregard of forum policies recommending the use of non-tmx install methods.

:hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical: 

:hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical: 

They see it as only Tony's products should be used and nothing else, I only have to say "LOL" to this...

:hysterical: For advising someone to use Clover or myHack  :thumbsup_anim:

Love the way they think everyone should use "their" products... :lol:

I'm sorry, but what you have to say about clover?

Hey mike , have two pm ....mhmmmm