* * * * * 10 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
565 replies to this topic

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,991 posts

Not the community's democrats. the ones supposedly running the nation.

Please, this is not appropriate here. Please refrain from posting about politics.

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 1,772 posts
New Rules:

Spoiler
:hysterical:

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,806 posts
pleeeeeeeeease

:lol:

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

pleeeeeeeeease

:lol:

PLEASEEEEE (DONT LEAVE US FOR ANOTHER SITE!! WE WONT BAN U)

thatguy009

thatguy009

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I'm happy to say that I replaced all of tonymac's botnet utilities on my new osx install. Got rid of Chimera and, I mean coughrebrandedchameloncough with Clover and my latest osx install works a lot better. It's sad tonymac won't endorse Clover; its the future of x86. Especially after the iMessage error which I went to the last pages of the main thread and the posters are just giving up on Clover and are hoping right back on to Chimera, I mean coughrebrandedchameloncough.

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
Thank god tony can't use Clover, they would only rebrand it and sell it.

It is already strange that they allowed that iMessage thread to survive.

WhatTheTech

WhatTheTech

Macmodder Addict

• Retired
  • 458 posts

Tonymacs rules page (at least parts of it):

*Tonymac's rules taken down at their request*

Dafuq, idiots ^^

lol i cant believe they actualy asked to delete the rules posting LOL.
like uhh dont tell them our rules... let them find out the banned way.

That is indeed very odd. Copyrighted rules? Can't anybody read their rules in their forum? We don't want to copy their rules (or anything else for that matter), thanks very much.

Classified info I guess :)

Just for your information, they have absolutely no legal standing to ask you to remove that content. Sure, it's their content, but by putting it on a public part of their website, they are agreeing to allowing it to be potentially used under the "fair use" doctrine of the U.S. copyright act. Seeing that their LLC is registered in (I believe) New Jersey, there is no escaping this.

I believe that Insanelymac is a news website, is it not? Or at least partially? Not to mention, a forum is meant for sharing news and information, and this section is even in the readers news category. You then have the RIGHT to look at your use of a copyrighted work using four parameters:

From the copyright information office:
Section 107 also sets out four factors to be considered in determining whether or not a particular use is fair.

1) The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
2) The nature of the copyrighted work
3) The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
4) The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work

Well, let's take a look shall we?

1) You are not using the information for commercial reasons, and I would say that education is the main goal here. There have already been many landmark cases that ruled in favor of allowing copyrighted material to be republished/quoted/referenced for critique, discussion and news reporting.
2) The nature of the copyrighted work is a bit contestable simply because there are no set rules that exist for online copy and pasting, HOWEVER generally speaking information that was created for public consumption (i.e. public rules) can usually be reused publicly.
3) Number three does not apply, seeing as we are only talking about a small amount of text. Also I should point out that this category would be more pertinent for the reposting of trade secrets (i.e. quoting the theory behind a product is ok, quoting the entire techincal manufacturing process is not).
4) What effect on the potential market value? Absolutely none, seeing as "forum rules" have no financial value. Whether the discussion of said rules would damage income made by participation on their site is also irrelevant, seeing as no disparaging changes have been made to text THEY created.

I say those rules should go right back up unless you see an official DMCA takedown request from a lawyer. Even then, a simple reference to section 107 of the fair use section of copyright law would immediately end the discussion, not to mention only the most money-hungry of lawyers would even dare to send such a takedown request for such a legitimate use of copyrighted materials. I'm not a lawyer, but I did study business law and this is something we were taught in the first few weeks of year 1. Unless someone is profiting or reposting trade secrets, you don't have a leg to stand on. Asking someone to take down something that is REQUIRED READING to be a member of your website? Tantamount to a copyright hissy-fit, and laughable.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff

Thank god tony can't use Clover, they would only rebrand it and sell it.It is already strange that they allowed that iMessage thread to survive.

This is because since it was problem for everyone, it even effected users who bought the recommended "CustoMac" builds and they were all begging "Tony, help us! We wait for you to fix this for us". Many of us worked together very hard to figure out the final fix and tons of members contributed in one way or another, final piece to puzzle was even posted by user there first (ElNono and flux84), who also posted here and Clover team implemented fix in record time. True community effort! To wait for it to be applied to Chameleon, then trickle down to Chimera, would be very long wait, and he couldn't hide from angry users forever (curiously one early thread on the issue there was accidentally deleted once it got to like 20 pages of "Help Us!" in a few days). Once a fix was available, he made first post to the thread. Can't blame him as issue was more than any one person could quickly figure out, but think some response would have calmed them down, maybe saying something like "Don't worry. We are aware of the iMessage problem and are actively watching the community forums looking for a fix"? I know that sounds like a jab, but we all do that to some extent. Just some will admit it and give credit where it's due, and some take credit for "finding" what someone else already posted. It was clear by many of the "We wait for you to save us Tony!" posts that too many users there had no idea that in one way or another,
many years of work by hundreds of developers has gone into all the "tools" they use, not one person snapping their fingers to make it all done :(

pleeeeeeeeease :lol:

Please is a word I can appreciate, but I don't think it applies to their rules.....Pleeeeease don't do X,Y,Z or we BAN YOU! is just pretending to be nice. Like saying: Please don't drive over speed limit...or we shoot you and your family. :)

Just for your information, they have absolutely no legal standing to ask you to remove that content.

True, but if someone asks for content they wrote to be removed from site, I don't have a problem with removing it. Especially if:

-It's not a valuable resource to help others run OSX on a PC.
-It's rules I'm not interested in anyways since they don't apply here
-They ask nicely and say pleeeeeease! :)

carbo178

carbo178

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,218 posts
It seems that making suggestions to users on the right site to solve problems is a mortal sin.
But I just explained to someone who was left without answers that certain issues, if not provided for Multibeast, would not be taken into consideration...
Permanently Banned (again) for Trolling. :D
Attached File  Schermata 2013-04-02 alle 11.10.16.png   259.21KB   93 downloads
P.S. i Like "Trolling" on the Tonymac site :dev:

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts

It seems that making suggestions to users on the right site to solve problems is a mortal sin.
But I just explained to someone who was left without answers that certain issues, if not provided for Multibeast, would not be taken into consideration...
Permanently Banned (again) for Trolling. :D
P.S. i Like "Trolling" on the Tonymac site :dev:

LMAO...But I think after 3 bans, you are trolling :D

Blame73

Blame73

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 80 posts

There are more ads in that ban page than in all our site...

carbo178

carbo178

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,218 posts

LMAO...But I think after 3 bans, you are trolling :D

I think it's better to be troll rather than apple with eyes
Attached File  Troll1.gif   30.22KB   10 downloads

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,901 posts

I think it's better to be troll rather than apple with eyes

You mean, tomato with eyes, right?

carbo178

carbo178

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,218 posts

You mean, tomato with eyes, right?

It doesn't matter, now there is a troll to smash this...
Attached File  Troll2.gif   30.05KB   10 downloads

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
apple or tomato.? i wonder if they will post the answer in their forum soon.

Maniac10

Maniac10

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
From now on, it's the tomato forum!

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
So I got banned, becasue I wrote a short how-I-did-it for my asus board, since someone else was having problems, and yeah, I forgot I must not mention one specific distro... I could have went to my friend's place, he has a MBP, and make my USB stick via unib... there, but hey... I saved myself little going around. And for mentioning that, I got banned. Seriously???

His site was the first one I discovered and the explanations were easy. Just I couldn't get the SL installed, so decided to try it with iAtkos, and that worked out. But didn't want to use such "versions", so I bought the ML in iAtkos, reformatted and installed the original.

xj0hnx

xj0hnx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Family, computers, guns, home theater/audio/video, and remote controlled helicopters.

His site was the first one I discovered and the explanations were easy.

Yip, same here. I was literally clueless when it came to OS X, I found a Youtube video, and the guy used his tools, and made an awesome, easy to follow how to install video that explained everything. Unfortunately I didn't realize they had sticks so far up their asses when it came to anything outside of their little world.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts

Yip, same here. I was literally clueless when it came to OS X, I found a Youtube video, and the guy used his tools, and made an awesome, easy to follow how to install video that explained everything. Unfortunately I didn't realize they had sticks so far up their asses when it came to anything outside of their little world.

So, would that mean they have sticks coming out their mouths? Cause you can only go up so far :)

Kosta88

Kosta88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

So, would that mean they have sticks coming out their mouths? Cause you can only go up so far :)

Wahahahahahah!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy