Permanently Banned From Tonymacx86

mnfesq

752 posts in this topic

Unless people start selling mac clones (like PsyStar), Apple probably won't bother with hackintoshes at all...since it's actually good for their business, because it introduces a lot of people to OS X and later on they'll end up buying Apple hardware (although not necessarily a mac). It's a win-win situation really...

• Like 2

since the time, don't you think that Apple is already aware with Tmac's practices?

and if they would like to do something (or feel threatened), they would have already do it?

:)

I'm new to the scene, so just making a picture of my own. I don't know how long Tonymac is at it. However, I think it will take some time for them to react, however long that is. Maybe his sells are not really threatening, and still too complicated for most of users, I don't know. I am sure of one thing: the approaches here, except his, are probably way too complicated for the masses to take in, and that is good.

I'm new to the scene, so just making a picture of my own. I don't know how long Tonymac is at it. However, I think it will take some time for them to react, however long that is. Maybe his sells are not really threatening, and still too complicated for most of users, I don't know. I am sure of one thing: the approaches here, except his, are probably way too complicated for the masses to take in, and that is good.

Did you know they stole there entire installer from MyHack 1.x? As well as Multifail which is myHack 1.1 again. Now you are informed.

• Like 2

Reading on MyHack. Wow. I guess it's clear to whom he's referring.

myHack 2+ – a new chapter:

Unfortunately myHack 1.x was pirated and bastardized by others, for what reason I do not know for sure, I know I have barely ever seen a dime in donations so I doubt it can be financially motivated, perhaps they just like to stroke their own egos by acting like they are skilled at something other than copying and pasting the work of others.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Fresh off the boat here from tonymac island.

The trouble all started when I had my posts serially deleted for referencing a brand of SSD that, apparently, is forbidden from mentioning on the site. At that point I had reasonable doubts and refused to use their referrals given what was clearly arbitrary preference.

After referencing a certain other hackintosh community page (on osx86.net) with useful information for kext/driver support, all of my posts were then being reviewed before approval. At the time it made no sense.

I did a little google searching on censorship at the site and then my eyes were fully open to what was going on.

It's obvious to me now that they're trying to control speech and ideas there, suggesting that they may have contracts with the companies whose products they list in their Amazon referrals for added financial gain beyond the obvious. I don't really have any personal objection to referrals for money or even doing reviews for money because I'm still going to do some level of research and cross checking anyways with what others are saying, but to manipulate and delete posts and accounts that go against their interests while keeping the ones that benefit them is backhanded and disgusting behavior. They are misinforming and abusing newcomers. I was oblivious to the forum/community war they were waging and ended up a casualty of their prejudicial action.

Ultimately it is their site, however the secretive nature in which they delete comments without warning or profile users and screen their posts before approval; the combined lack of disclosure and hostile cynical action towards honest content creation is inexcusable. If any of the people who run that forum are listening, what you've done is unethical and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Like 5

If any of the people who run that forum are listening, what you've done is unethical and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

You can bet they are. We are a thorn in their side, and there is nothing they can do about it.

Besides many of their staff members, including Tony himself, are members of this forum and are free to write here.

I had to block only one, because he wouldn't stop flaming.

• Like 1

You can bet they are. We are a thorn in their side, and there is nothing they can do about it.

Besides many of their staff members, including Tony himself, are members of this forum and are free to write here.

I had to block only one, because he wouldn't stop flaming.

I think they've become paranoid at this point if they're willing to go to such lengths as to delete content under the mere suspicion that it could be related to another hack community. I was aware of the existence of OSX86.net because it came up on searches when trying to find kext/driver solutions for the odd bit of hardware in my possession, but the only account I had with a hack community at the time was at the Tonymacx86 site as I was very new to the scene. I expect they are reading.

The only good thing that could be said about Tonymacx86 is that they made it easy for first-timers to orient themselves and set up systems. With fewer variables at play it's easier to walk people through setup. They also promote purchasing the OS so that Apple is attributed financially for their product, even if it isn't used as intended by Apple. And the list of good things ends there for me.

I do not accept the notion of those who believe it is acceptable to install OSX on non-Apple branded hardware but that doing so for a monetary gain makes it wrong. Apple lawyers or executives might apply different shades of disapproval to one over the other, but they may come down negatively on any of this. Though it's nice to know that Woz approves. :P

Whether you're in it for the value of the open source community or the creation of value in the exchange of ideas and labor for money, good on all of you for pursuing your interests. You are all exchanging value, and should be free to do so! If however any of you seek to control the behavior of others by using violence or deception to get your way, there is no moral ground whatsoever in considering such views. Justifying the violation of a license on the premise that you see no direct fiscal gain from the activity in order to moderate against a more litigious Apple is silly. If that's the train of logic people want to use, why not abandon OSX and go straight to linux??

I'm a graphic designer, not a coder or sysadmin, but I still put in the effort to try and learn. I've seen the arguments about how making it easy to set up a Hackintosh is a bad thing, and I cannot agree. Suggesting it is a bad thing because it doesn't promote learning isn't always true for everyone and it assumes a lot. Not everybody has time for or necessarily the interest to know every detail in what is required to make OSX work on a non-Apple branded hardware set, and there's nothing wrong with that. I will not disown my grandmother for desiring an affordable and functional OSX system without having the time or interest to learn how it fully works. In any case this isn't even a valid or primary (IMO) criticism against the Tonymacx86 site as it projects anything made 'easy' as ignorant and harmful when Tonymacx86 is a terrible site for much more important reasons.

To the contrary, I don't expect anyone to tolerate impatient newb mentality and it's individual choice on who you help, or what causes you support. Many of us are experts at our respective fields and know the feeling of being surrounded by newbs and when has this never been the case?

If the Tonymacx86 bundling and rebranding is altogether such a bad thing, I expect someone will eventually out-compete them and provide a better solution. Hopefully in a more ethical manner rather than worse. Show the newcomers that there are alternatives that can be as easy to set up without all the deception and censorship that goes on at Tonymacx86. In any case the newbs who come looking for sites like this at least show some initiative and shouldn't be shunned, IMO. I don't believe for a moment that people with the means to do this are all snobs only willing to help other technically adept individuals... The suppression of information is not all that dissimilar to withholding the benefits of knowledge to people scorned for being 'ignorant'. It's 2013, time to leave the old paradigm of guilds and privileged classes behind already. Win-win outcomes are possible. I do this to create light in the world, not darkness.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking news (maybe?) : They now allow Clover discussions on their forum (there's even a separate section for 'alternate' boorloaders).

Just my two cents :) :

I was temp banned on their site & forum a while ago for 'blatantly disregarding the rules regarding posting information about unreleased software' (10.8.4 beta in combination with new Nvidia driver information) , directly without warning first.

Though they were right in banning me, as 10.8.4 was only in Appleseed that time I think it would be more wise to warn me first so I could correct my actions.

Fortunately I was able to contact one of their admins to discuss this and explain what I exactly did and what intentions I had with it, which resulted in the ban immediately lifted.

So I guess there are some sensible moderators (or Tony himself, message was signed with Tonymacx86 , not signed with 'moderator' oslt) at work which can look into situations propery :)

Also my suggestions for documentation of the rules and banning prcoess where taken into consideration, so that's a plus too.

I also have mixed feelings about Tonymacx86.com, though I think that it is a great resource for newbies (like me once) to start with and get some clear information, and not being overloaded with information and options which may confuse people. Also the time being spent in writing easy to read tutorials is appreciated (at least by me ;-) )

Though they might be a bit agressive with their (automatic?) banning process and their fanatic policy to keep things tidy their way, I think it never hurts to help to try to keep in contact and see how both communities can work together in the best possible way. So the hackintosh community can benefit from this all.

Breaking news (maybe?) : They now allow Clover discussions on their forum (there's even a separate section for 'alternate' boorloaders).

I was temp banned on their site & forum a while ago for 'blatantly disregarding the rules regarding posting information about unreleased software' (10.8.4 beta in combination with new Nvidia driver information) , directly without warning first.

Though they were right in banning me, as 10.8.4 was only in Appleseed that time I think it would be more wise to warn me first so I could correct my actions.

Fortunately I was able to contact one of their admins to discuss this and explain what I exactly did and what intentions I had with it, which resulted in the ban immediately lifted.

So I guess there are some sensible moderators (or Tony himself, message was signed with Tonymacx86 , not signed with 'moderator' oslt) at work which can look into situations propery :)

Also my suggestions for documentation of the rules and banning prcoess where taken into consideration, so that's a plus too.

I also have mixed feelings about Tonymacx86.com, though I think that it is a great resource for newbies (like me once) to start with and get some clear information, and not being overloaded with information and options which may confuse people. Also the time being spent in writing easy to read tutorials is appreciated (at least by me ;-) )

Though they might be a bit agressive with their (automatic?) banning process and their fanatic policy to keep things tidy their way, I think it never hurts to help to try to keep in contact and see how both communities can work together in the best possible way. So the hackintosh community can benefit from this all.

yeah maybe we can help them steal more code.

btw remind them to give credit to their respective owners :P (ooops they banned u again)

• Like 6

http://www.insanelym...ith-hackintosh/

Do you, after reading that topic, still believe that we don't help newbies?

As to tonymac, I don't believe their tools help newbies a great deal, they would be better off with a distribution.

• Like 2

Voldemort's spells are tempting, but in the end the result is a zombie like the legion we all know. Even because he didn't really create the magic, so it's tainted from the very beginning. To use his tricks, you must not need them, to not to become a zombie yourself.

If you understand me. ;)

All the best!

P.S.: and you know, sometimes a zombie escapes and ends up here. To bring them back to the sanity is no easy feat. :D

• Like 6

Work together? You mean just give them all the kexts and apps and never release them in are own name...

Multibeeast and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] is just myHack 1.1 and thats it... just stolen installer and file management...

• Like 1

hello all , :)

je ne comprends pas que ce tr.....du.....c.l alimente autant les conversations ?? j'ai remarqué depuis très longtemps (2011) qu'il était un imposteur de premier ordre qui prêche le piratage en tout genre qui commence par la modification de kext et la réalisation de patch reprit ou renommé venant d'autre site . (tonymac la femme de petite vertu qui s'effarouche !!! ahahahah !!) , restons sérieux , la licence propriétaire Apple interdit toute modification de celle-ci et il me semble que nous sommes obligés de la modifier pour qu'elle fonctionne sur nos PC , tony....l n'échappe pas à la règle .

je mets au même niveau iatkos , Niresh et tonymac qui sont tout trois de très bon pirates à la différence que ce cher tony..... se dit vertueux . Si Apple décide un jour de poursuivre pour abus de sa license , il commencera par notre cher tony....t....d.....c ;)

Mais étant en France qui me protège un peu des lois américaine (monopole de license) , je reste sereins et j'ai achetais 4 licences Apple dont un macmini 2006 ;)

I do not understand it very cl ..... of ..... feeds all the conversations? I noticed for a long time (2011) he was an impostor chip preaching piracy of any kind that begins with changing kext and implementing patch resumed or renamed from the other site. (tonymac the strumpet who scares! ahahahah!) remain serious, Apple's proprietary license prohibits any modification of it and it seems to me that we have to modify it to work on our PC, tony .... not the exception to the rule.

I put the same iATKOS level Niresh tonymac and all three are very good pirates unlike that dear tony ..... says virtuous. If Apple ever decides to sue for breach of its license, it will begin with our dear tony t .... c .... d ..... ;)

But being in France that protects me a little of American law (monopoly license), I remain calm and I bought four Apple licenses a macmini 2006 ;)

hello all , :)

je ne comprends pas que ce tr.....du.....c.l alimente autant les conversations ?? j'ai remarqué depuis très longtemps (2011) qu'il était un imposteur de premier ordre qui prêche le piratage en tout genre qui commence par la modification de kext et la réalisation de patch reprit ou renommé venant d'autre site . (tonymac la femme de petite vertu qui s'effarouche !!! ahahahah !!) , restons sérieux , la licence propriétaire Apple interdit toute modification de celle-ci et il me semble que nous sommes obligés de la modifier pour qu'elle fonctionne sur nos PC , tony....l n'échappe pas à la règle .

je mets au même niveau iatkos , Niresh et tonymac qui sont tout trois de très bon pirates à la différence que ce cher tony..... se dit vertueux . Si Apple décide un jour de poursuivre pour abus de sa license , il commencera par notre cher tony....t....d.....c ;)

Mais étant en France qui me protège un peu des lois américaine (monopole de license) , je reste sereins et j'ai achetais 4 licences Apple dont un macmini 2006 ;)

I do not understand it very cl ..... of ..... feeds all the conversations? I noticed for a long time (2011) he was an impostor chip preaching piracy of any kind that begins with changing kext and implementing patch resumed or renamed from the other site. (tonymac the strumpet who scares! ahahahah!) remain serious, Apple's proprietary license prohibits any modification of it and it seems to me that we have to modify it to work on our PC, tony .... not the exception to the rule.

I put the same iATKOS level Niresh tonymac and all three are very good pirates unlike that dear tony ..... says virtuous. If Apple ever decides to sue for breach of its license, it will begin with our dear tony t .... c .... d ..... ;)

But being in France that protects me a little of American law (monopoly license), I remain calm and I bought four Apple licenses a macmini 2006 ;)

English translation:

hello all,

I put the same iATKOS level Niresh tonymac and all three are very good pirates unlike that dear tony ..... says virtuous. If Apple ever decides to sue for breach of its license, it will start by our dear tony t .... c .... d .....

But being in France that protects me a little of American law (monopoly license), I remain calm and I bought four Apple licenses a macmini 2006

I do not Understand it very cl ..... of ..... feeds all the conversations? I Noticed for a long time (2011) he was an impostor chip preaching piracy of any kind That begins with changing kext and Implementing patch Resumed or renamed from the other site. (tonymac Have you scares the strumpet! ahahahah!) REMAIN serious, Apple's proprietary license prohibits any modification of it and it Seems to me Abebooks web Have to modify it to work on our PC, tony .... not the exception to the rule.

I put the same level iATKOS Niresh tonymac and all three are very good pirates Unlike That dear tony ..... says virtuous. If Apple ever Decides to sue for breach of icts license, will it begin with our dear tony t .... c .... d .....

Purpose Being in France That Protects me a little of American law (license monopoly) I Remain calm and I bought four licenses Apple has macmini 2006

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried signing in to my TonyMac account to download a driver. It said my password was incorrect even though I was sure it was. I tried the "forgot my password" link and went back to my e-mail that I got when I subscribed and insured I had the right e-mail address and username. I entered those and got the following: "The e-mail/username information submitted could not be found." WTF!! Not that there's any love lost. I just wanted to be able to download files if I couldn't find them anywhere else. But WTF are they doing over there!!!

Just my thoughts :P

I just tried signing in to my TonyMac account to download a driver. It said my password was incorrect even though I was sure it was. I tried the "forgot my password" link and went back to my e-mail that I got when I subscribed and insured I had the right e-mail address and username. I entered those and got the following: "The e-mail/username information submitted could not be found." WTF!! Not that there's any love lost. I just wanted to be able to download files if I couldn't find them anywhere else. But WTF are they doing over there!!!

Just my thoughts :P

the forum was updated about 6+ months ago (cant exactly remember), and in that transition users needed to reset their password.

your account is still there, but youll need to click the 'forgot your password' link.

Hello samisnake,

I was also member of tonymacx86, but just shortly after it was turned on the new site I decided to no longer part with them.

I could see that without even a polite communication, international forums have been closed, and immediately came new Rules: All posts must be done in English.

Immediately some of my friends, have seen Topic closed because it contained some words spoken in Italian. Even I had a reproach, but only as participant, and I'm sure I have not said anything in "Italian" (absurd anyway).

After a few days I saw my 800 posts curtailed (see how many are now), practically disappeared ones made in "Italian".

Then I agree with this policy: my site, my rules, and change them whenever I want

....but... the only one who can decide to go where he wants, is only me!

To tell you the truth, I did not have anything to learn from them, and who has lost anything, just them.

My personal rules: I do what I want, following the rules that are there, but only if they are right, only for education, and team spirit. No one can force myself to play with OSx86 with false rules, because Hackintosh is not an invention of them.

I'm sure you will understand that there is nothing against you that you're their Moderator, but this is no place to give justification for their.

Micky1979

• Like 3

your account is still there, but youll need to click the 'forgot your password' link.

I tried the "forgot my password" link and went back to my e-mail that I got when I subscribed and insured I had the right e-mail address and username.

• Like 3