Permanently Banned From Tonymacx86

mnfesq

752 posts in this topic

This topic wasn't opened by IM staff.

Recently we (the staff) have been discussing this topic a lot.

We seem to agree that it shouldn't be deleted (freedom of speech anyone?), but users shouldn't go beyond certain limits: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278907-permanently-banned-from-tonymacx86/page-14?p=1937773&do=findComment&comment=1937773

As to RehabMan and toleda I don't see why they should feel like being in the enemies camp. They have been treated with the utmost respect and offered positions among the IM staff.

• Like 6

I would add that it is a pleasure that they are here. Good people and loyal is always nice to see here, but also on the whole OSx86 scene.

Obviously, Forum Rules treat tonymac for a clear reason, but it is clear that their users go where they want, because they are not considerate as tonymacx86.com LLC (for profit)

Micky

• Like 1

i think its mainly to point out the abuse of power to be banned and silenced for no real reason. (other than profit)

reminds me of craigslist tech service adds getting flagged and deleted by competition.

• Like 3

I would add that it is a pleasure that they are here. Good people and loyal is always nice to see here, but also on the whole OSx86 scene.

Obviously, Forum Rules treat tonymac for a clear reason, but it is clear that their users go where they want, because they are not considerate as tonymacx86.com LLC (for profit)

Micky

LLC does not mean for profit. For most sites they should be a LLC so you con not be personally sued.

LLC does not mean for profit. For most sites they should be a LLC so you con not be personally sued.

As of January 2011, non-profit LLCs are not permitted in all states.

The most familiar purpose for non-profits is a charitable purpose, usually referred to as a 501©(3) organization need to be recognised by the IRS first. I doubt in this case LLC means non-profit.

As of January 2011, non-profit LLCs are not permitted in all states.

The most familiar purpose for non-profits is a charitable purpose, usually referred to as a 501©(3) organization need to be recognised by the IRS first. I doubt in this case LLC means non-profit.

I knew this thing as ghalini08 said.

I was thinking that if they are at least two partners (T+M ?), they are also taxed twice (as member and as LLC also). This is why I do not understand any reason to think that this is just a pastime.

I study law and accountancy (Foreign also)

Micky

I understand the entire fuss over Tony here on IM. I however, would beg to differ from the majority view. Sure stealing is wrong, but that is only the software part of their website. There are quite a few knowledge emanating posts and tutorials on that site. I began in hackintosh with iAtkos and 10.4..... still run a Pentium 4 with 10.5.8 on it. The more important part for me is information..... not just software being posted. However, credit should be given where it is due. And that is where Tony falls apart.

But, information resource-wise, it is an indivisible part of the community. It is as useful as other OSX sites out there. For example, I have a dv6 series laptop. My audio didn't work because even though my hardware is exactly the same as @Mickey1979, just 1 single node was responsible for the loss of audio. However with @mirone 's help, it was working. What took me the longest time was HDMI audio. After searching around like a madman for a long time,

I finally found the information that I needed on Toleda's HDMI audio guide on tony's site. Not a single page had recommended changing the connector value from 0400 to 0800 and not touching the value 0700 (otherwise changed to 0600). Only then did i get hd audio. 

What I am trying to say is that I usually take the good and leave out the bad in most of the things in life. Its the same here. Tony does have some good resources information-wise. 

But the stupidest thing on their site is the lack of support for download managers. I had asked once why, since I am on a slow connection, invariably, anything I download from there (for eg probook installer) would fail after a few MBs. I was told bluntly their "software" is supported on such managers!

@Rehabman's multi boot guide is priceless in itself. same goes for toleda's work.

Its 50-50 .... Tony is a necessary evil in our arena and a welcome addition. Many n00bs can now at least learn faster how to get set up with hackintosh. What is wrong is the part where he makes a good profit out it and support only for limited systems. ... which I find is stupid.

I was thinking that if they are at least two partners (T+M ?), they are also taxed twice (as member and as LLC also). This is why I do not understand any reason to think that this is just a pastime.

I study law and accountancy (Foreign also)

Micky

I don't know much about american laws. Guess its one more reason to do my CPA now :rolleyes:

Anyway, I meant to say that its not a passtime. No way is it non-profit. Guess you did'nt get what I was trying to say. They are doing it for profit. But in their profit is our profit too. 

Used your guide for my iDT 111d7605. Just one node is different and that caused me a lot of pain to get audio started. All is well now. However man I feel you should expand your guide to include more info from olarila and osxlatitude.... that will make it more detailed. Took me all these pages to finally understand hda patching. :thumbsup_anim:

PS: I am a CA and corporate lawyer in my country. But we don't have the LLC system here. Although it is going to be introduced here within a year.

Edit: Mickey1979, didn't read your post above. Guess we are on the same track. Peace mate :)

Edited by ghajini08

I agree with you, maybe if they give all due credit, then they can become even be sympathetic (the real key). It 'human nature.
Human nature, however, makes you angry when that does not happen.
If you think OSx86 community exists, it exists because some people have created a way to install OSx on non-Mac hardware: This is a game of intelligence, and a test to pass in their brain.

Developers are OSx86

...others are just watchers, and others perhaps  should not complain about anything. One can not claim to have everything ready... because they can go to tonymac site and use things come from other.
is like pretend a favor, and never say thank you.
So if it seems silly to claim the credits, it is also stupid to pass on

This is my point of view, you agree?

However man I feel you should expand your guide to include more info from olarila and osxlatitude.... that will make it more detailed. Took me all these pages to finally understand hda patching. :thumbsup_anim:

Sorry, free time is over, maybe in the next few months  :P

I agree with you, maybe if they give all due credit, then they can become even be sympathetic (the real key). It 'human nature.
Human nature, however, makes you angry when that does not happen.
If you think OSx86 community exists, it exists because some people have created a way to install OSx on non-Mac hardware: This is a game of intelligence, and a test to pass in their brain.

Developers are OSx86

...others are just watchers, and others perhaps  should not complain about anything. One can not claim to have everything ready... because they can go to tonymac site and use things come from other.
is like pretend a favor, and never say thank you.
So if it seems silly to claim the credits, it is also stupid to pass on

This is my point of view, you agree?

Sorry, free time is over, maybe in the next few months  :P

Agreed. That is pretty much what I wanted to say :D

you can add my kext to your list in the applehda thread if you want. Credits to Mirone for helping me out and also teaching me a bit about hda patching.

• Like 1

Nope but it was the only one which worked here so maybe there is something somewhat special .I am not defending Tonymac and I don't like what they are doing, but it's what happened here really.

Maybe it's because my Celeron CPU or some odd thing along my computer, but none other method worked here (yes I tried lots of tutorials, searching, myHack, forum help and so on) . Kernel Panics, Waiting for root device, hangs, reboots and shutdowns were my results. However with their software the OSX installer ran fine.

I still didn't managed to know why. If anyone knows what did tonymac do for it to work on my computer, tell me, learning is always a good thing.

It's magic, I tell you.  Those Tonymacx86 guys are friggin' wizards!

BTW - I started this thread to let people know that I was banned for mentioning that Nawcom's modified OSInstaller.pkg would work for MBR partitions.  I wasn't bashing anyone and was dismayed that my good faith efforts to help another Tonymac member resulted in my being banned.  I have spent so many hours of my time voluntarily helping other people to understand how to get OS X running on non-mac hardware and I have never asked for anything in return but the help of others when I don't understand how something works so that I can fix it.  

I used to think that Tonymacx86 was just another OSx86 forum, like this one.  However, it has clarified its rules and they have made it clear that it is a support site for its installer products.  While most product support forums don't ban people for going off topic (by mentioning other means to achieve the same result as the supported product) it's clear to me now that the Tonymacx86 site is there to help people use the B*e*a*s*t products they provide.

Nuff said?

• Like 3

....... to help people use the B*e*a*s*t products they provide.

...with their very limited suggested hardware. Niche products  :rolleyes:  :whistle:   like for example Asus mainboards or Lenovo laptops and many others are rare til even not supported by their tools. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I think, that straight and nonprofit thinking persons like RehabMan and Toleda are very welcome here!!!

That´s, why I am in :wub: with this community. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 3

US LLCs are structured as a pass through tax meaning they are taxed only once with the revenue/losses accounted on the personnel tax returns of the member. Many past time or so called hobby businesses are structured as LLC for liability reasons. You can have a business (or hobby) to not specifically turn a profit but it wouldn't be a 501c3.

I never understood why a guy like rehabman with all your talent and inteligence that this guy owns, why Stay with tonymac and why there sen not come here with all its equipment and its friends like Philip Petev and Bigdonky   :D  :thumbsup_anim: HEY rehabman drop tonyssmallballsX86 and here comes with your Hardware ( HP PROBOOK INSTALLER )  B)  :D  :P

I never understood why a guy like rehabman with all your talent and inteligence that this guy owns, why Stay with tonymac and why there sen not come here with all its equipment and its friends like Philip Petev and Bigdonky   :D  :thumbsup_anim: HEY rehabman drop tonysnamllballsX86 and here comes with your Hardware ( HP PROBOOK INSTALLER )  B)  :D  :P

I like Big Donkey and Philipe Petev, c'mon guys :lol:

• Like 1

Well he can always rename it from HP Probook installer to "HP Pandora installer - Laptop Edition"  :D

I say this because that installer not only works on the Probook series but also easily on the DV 6/7 Entertainment notebook series too! I hope rehabman will some day just leave the kexts individually in the installer and that would make it awesome. I mean like I posted yesterday on tony ... the voodoo ps2 works almost flawlessly on my system too.

Once he makes some changes to it and includes a broader audience in it I doubt it will remain tony's stuff. I also seriously doubt if tony will sue him. 

Well he can always rename it from HP Probook installer to "HP Pandora installer - Laptop Edition"   :D

I say this because that installer not only works on the Probook series but also easily on the DV 6/7 Entertainment notebook series too! I hope rehabman will some day just leave the kexts individually in the installer and that would make it awesome. I mean like I posted yesterday on tony ... the voodoo ps2 works almost flawlessly on my system too.

Once he makes some changes to it and includes a broader audience in it I doubt it will remain tony's stuff. I also seriously doubt if tony will sue him. 

How ridiculous this is, yet the beat goes on...  :hysterical: These guys have no reason to make any changes to home base, they're just helping people... 

Damn, I really need to quit reading this thread as the nonsense is sooooo aggravating.  :(

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Tonymacx86 is the pits. I only MENTIONED OS X Mavericks (as a matter of fact, my post didn't even disclose NDA info about it, it was a graphics issue) and boom.. banned for 'blatant disregard of forum policies on unreleased/beta software' blah blah. Lucky its only a temporary ban, as I've a few posts that I'd like to transfer here permanently. I don't even know why I'm still there... Possibly only because of RehabMan's excellent laptop support. Hope he and other, more neutral people move here. We'd benefit much. 

P.S. They are capital scumbags by banning people who don't post in English. 

• Like 2

Tonymacx86 is the pits. I only MENTIONED OS X Mavericks (as a matter of fact, my post didn't even disclose NDA info about it, it was a graphics issue) and boom.. banned for 'blatant disregard of forum policies on unreleased/beta software' blah blah. Lucky its only a temporary ban, as I've a few posts that I'd like to transfer here permanently. I don't even know why I'm still there... Possibly only because of RehabMan's excellent laptop support. Hope he and other, more neutral people move here. We'd benefit much. 

it is a blessing in disguise!   :D  B)

hi  

sorry if my words seem a little harsh but I should share some things with all tonymacx86' survivors

I think that all of those people who wish to post on the tonymacx86 forum or elsewhere (even here) should (once for all) learn to read the forum rules before registering (if possible) or before posting.

all what I see in this thread it's that all of you who don't understand why you are banned (definitly or temporary), the same reason comes back, i.e, breaching the forum rules.

sure, everyone of you (us) can agree or not with these rules but guys, it's like that!!! they have their rules and you should respect them if you want be on their forum.

sure, we (here on IM) don't ban anyone just like that, it is our way of how we do it but despite this you should respect our rules, which tonymacx86 doesn't necessarily agree.   ;)

• Like 1

hi

sorry if my words seem a little harsh but I should share some things with all tonymacx86' survivors

I think that all of those people who wish to post on the tonymacx86 forum or elsewhere (even here) should (once for all) learn to read the forum rules before registering (if possible) or before posting.

all what I see in this thread it's that all of you who don't understand why you are banned (definitly or temporary), the same reason comes back, i.e, breaching the forum rules.

sure, everyone of you (us) can agree or not with these rules but guys, it's like that!!! they have their rules and you should respect them if you want be on their forum.

sure, we (here on IM) don't ban anyone just like that, it is our way of how we do it but despite this you should respect our rules, which tonymacx86 doesn't necessarily agree. ;)

I beg to differ. I know perfectly well about tonymacx86's rules, seeing that I've been there since about May 2011. The point is, they like to ban at the very mention of any prerelease software, without caring about the content of the post.

If you had seen my post in question, it was very unoffending-except for my mention that the graphics issue had occurred in Mavericks. I didn't disclose NDA software, I didn't even talk about the stuff that Apple talks about in their Mavericks website. All my post contained were screen shots of System Information, pertaining to the graphics issue. If they find this so offensive, I can't help it.

It's also most unfortunate that they banned helpful people like EMlyDinEsH for reasons I do not know. They also deleted his very useful posts on AppleHDA patching for the ALC269 chipset and his Elan trackpad posts. Although he's moved to OSXLatitude, that forum is quite out of the beaten path. And there are tonnes of people at tonymacx86 who want to get their trackpads working or get sound working without VoodooHDA. I am one of a few people who tracked down many of these posts and redirected the posters to OSXLatitude.

All in all, my point is that they are getting rid of useful people and making their forum look like Stalin's USSR from 1928 to 1953. He purged anyone who could be a threat aad nearly screwed up in WWII, while tonymacx86 ban people who mildly flout or only appear to flout rules. Not much distinction between the two, really.

• Like 1

I have to agree with you. Nevertheless I feel that at tmx86 they're taking things far too seriously. I can just say that I'm lucky I only got a week-long suspension, instead of a permanent ban.

I only stayed there because I started there; you've got to admit, their tools make it easy for new hackintoshers to start. I don't much know the history of tmx86 or why they're being so totalitarian, or whatever piracy they have done. If I remember correctly, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] was a ripoff of MyHack, and Conti(the developer of the latter) openly said so. However, people say [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] is also a ripoff; I don't see why since they DO acknowledge the developers of the various fixes(a rare, but happy occurrence).

One thing is sure. I'm moving here as soon as I can; given that I can edit my guides to get rid of all traces of tmx86 software.