Mountain Lion DP3 Graphic problem

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

Installed Mountain Lion DP3 and all working but my graphic resolution is limited to 1280x1200.I have used the nvenabler and also using chimera please help.

My graphic card is Geforce 8600GT 512MB.

Thanks

Some Nvidia users may delete the AppleUpstream..kext (recreate kernelcache with kextwizard before reboot). At least in the past some Nvidia users getting better smoother results deleteing that kext.

Beside that also AGMP maybe need to edit - if card didnt switch to higher gpu performance pstates on load.

You can check that if you change the logcontrol = 0 to 1 in your macmodelID part of the AGPM.kext

After that you can see any AGPM switches (up/down) in the console (show all) if you put some load on the gpu.

Some Nvidia users may delete the AppleUpstream..kext (recreate kernelcache with kextwizard before reboot). At least in the past some Nvidia users getting better smoother results deleteing that kext.

Beside that also AGMP maybe need to edit - if card didnt switch to higher gpu performance pstates on load.

You can check that if you change the logcontrol = 0 to 1 in your macmodelID part of the AGPM.kext

After that you can see any AGPM switches (up/down) in the console (show all) if you put some load on the gpu.

Hi,

I have deleted appleupstreamclient.kext but no changes.I don't know about the AGPM.Now the only problem is the graphics cannot refresh quickly its sticky and even the youtube videos goes black.On the system profile the graphic profile shows VRAM = 6 MB.

I have injected device ID in nv100hal.kext.

let me know what else i have to try

Thanks

nv100hal.kext is ONLY for Fermi GPUS!. Bad and wrong to add your devID here.

Used

nv50hal.kext for non fermi nvidia gpus like 8400GS - but you dont need to add your dev ID (10.7.x+)

Normally, with newer chameleon bootloader (newer than 6 months) you dont need any adding of devid for Nvidias 8xxx/9xxx

Same to other bootloaders - perhaps update chimera or switch to chameleon.

If VRAM is shown wrong than injection of your gpu capabilities (graphicsenabler=yes) failed.

nv100hal.kext is ONLY for Fermi GPUS!. Bad and wrong to add your devID here.

Used

nv50hal.kext for non fermi nvidia gpus like 8400GS - but you dont need to add your dev ID (10.7.x+)

Normally, with newer chameleon bootloader (newer than 6 months) you dont need any adding of devid for Nvidias 8xxx/9xxx

Same to other bootloaders - perhaps update chimera or switch to chameleon.

If VRAM is shown wrong than injection of your gpu capabilities (graphicsenabler=yes) failed.

So i will remove that nv100hal.kext and use nv50hal.kext.I already installed latest chimera with chameleon 2.1 v 1897.Let you know whether this works or not.

Thanks for the support

Yep, if

nv100hal.kext got loaded beside

nv50hal.kext (listed in kextstat / console) you can delete

nv100hal.kext and rebuild kextcache (or delete the whole kextcache folder).

nv100hal.kext should never got loaded beside nv50hal (and vice versa).