Anyway, here below I will show you a fast way to install Snow Leopard Vanilla 10.6.7 on this notebook to achive a near 99% of a real Mac... follow me
First of all sorry for my really bad English!!!!
MAIN NOTEBOOK SPECS:
IBM Lenovo T61 type: 6466-64G
- C2D T7250 @2.0Ghz 800FSB 2MB L2
- 2GB RAM DDR2 667
- HDD 120GB Sata 5400rpm
- Intel Graphics GM965 (formally X3100) [2A02:8082]
- Wireless Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11 b/g
- LAN wired Intel 82566MM 10/100/1000
- Integrated Fingerprint Reader (UPEK)
- Bluetooth Broadcom 2.1
- Display 15.4 TFT (XWGA) 1280x800
WHAT IT'S WORKING (32bit):
- DUAL CORE working at 100%
- WIFI Broadcom (ootb)
- LAN Ethernet Gigabit (using specific kext)
- Bluetooth (fixing the DSDT)
- VGA with QE/CI enabled (ootb)
- Brightness controls (changing a HEX string on GMAX3100FB kext)
- Volume controls (ootb)
- Audio / Internal MIC (using only a specific VoodooHDA patched by slice)
- Internal Card Reader RICOH (using a spacific Kext)
- Internal Keyboard/UltraNav/Touchpad (using VoodoodPS2 patched)
- DVD burner (ootb)
- Battery (using VoodooBattery)
- Speedstep (using fakesmc and VoodooPowerMini)
- Integrated Fingerprint Reader (using Truesuite for MAC by UPEK now at ver. 5.0)
- Audio External Jack
- VGA-OUT only in Extended mode
WHAT IT'S NOT WORKING (32bit):
- SLEEP/Lid Sleep
- Express Card/54 slot (not tested)
- Internal 56K Modem: it's only a WIN-MODEM (WIN=WIndows!) Absolute no support in OSX
- VGA-OUT in mirror mode!! (if you try, u will see vertical lines. To restore the situation use the command line tool: 'mirror -off'. You can found it easy on google or in my previous guide about 10.6.7 on nc6400.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Notebook as above
- USB Keyboard and mouse (for installation)
- USB Pen of minimum 8GB
- Another Real Apple/Hackintosch PC would be better to prepare all the necessary steps
1) BIOS SETTINGS:
- Be sure to enable Sata controller as AHCI for better performance
P.S. if you prefer, you can use a BIOS patched to remove Whitelist for Wireless Card.
2) CREATION OF THE USB STICK (MIN 8GB!!!):
- Buy/Download a RETAIL DVD of OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I have used a .torrent from a Russian Forum. Be sure to find a RETAIL DVD and not a modified one (Hazard, iATKOS, etc etc...). The image is circa 6GB
- Using anothe MAC insert the USB stick, format it and restore the Image.dmg on it
- Now launch MyHack 1.1 and install it on USB Pen so it becomes bootable. During the wizard please choose "AdHoc" and select only these options: core, com.apple.Boot.plist, EvoReboot and FakeSMC and nothing else!!!!
- On my ZIP file you will have a folder called "Extra" with some files. Please copy: com.apple.Boot.plist, dsdt.aml and smbios.plist to the same /Extra folder of the USB pen overwriting if necessary.
- NOW YOU ARE READY FOR THE INSTALLATION!!!!!!
If you want to use MBR table on your hackintosch (for multiboot with windows xp or other things) instead of GUID (that create an EFI hidden partition), please consider to apply the patch "OSInstall_1063_10D575_deviato.zip" provided in my ZIP.
Some users reported to me that MyHack 2.x works also fine. I suppose that it's correct. In this case please consider to use org.chameleon.Boot.plist instead of com.apple.Boot.plist. The main difference it's that from a certain version of chameleon 2.1 the com.apple.Boot.plist has become obsolete.
3) BEGIN THE INSTALLATION ON IBM LENOVO:
- Insert the new USB Pen, USB Keyboard and USB Mouse on your notebook, power it on and boot from USB (press F12). A Chameleon should appear and wait 5 seconds. I have switched the installation in verbose mode (-v) so you can see all.
- Now begin the classic OSX wizard (languages etc). Using "Disk Utility" prepare your HDD as you prefer (number of partitions, GUID or MBR etc) and so on...... After a while (it should take 20/30 minutes!!!) it will finish and ask you for reboot.
- Please reboot with USB pen inserted and when chameleon appears, press a key and choose your new HDD OSX partition and press enter. Now the wizard will continue till the end.
4) FIRST USE:
- When you are on SL 10.6.3 you have to make bootable your NEW OSX Partition. For that reason you have to launch another time MyHack 1.1 (that you can found on your USB Pen used for the installation) and make exactly the same things of the STEP 2) for the USB Pen: install MyHack 1.1 on OSX Partition of your HDD, select core, com.apple.Boot.plist, EvoReboot and FakeSMC, after installation copy from /Extra on USB penthese 3 files com.apple.Boot.plist, DSDT.aml and smbios.plist on the /Extra folder on your HDD.
- Copy on your HDD at least Kext Utility
- In my ZIP file you will have a folder named /KEXTs_OK. Under this you will find two subfolders: /EE (=/Extra/Extensions) and /SLE (=/System/Library/Extensions). What is under /Extra must correspond to the related one in your OSX Partition, instead /SLE means what you should install under your /System/Library/Extensions naturally using Kext Utility.
- At this step you can just install VoodooPS2Controller.kext into /SLE. After that DON'T FORGET to run KextUtility. In general EVERY TIME you manipulate some kext.
- Now you are ready to restart the OSX without USB Pen, USB Keyboard and USB Mouse.
5) INSTALL OSX 10.6.7 COMBO UPDATE:
- Now restart and check if your SL 10.6.3 is working. You can quite control if your DSDT is read by the System if you can see the bluetooth icon or Biometric Coprocessor on System Profiler (USB section).
- Download Snow Leopard Combo Update 10.6.7 (circa 1 GB) and install it
- After the installation restart the PC
- Using Kext Utility, you can quite complete the procedure installing the others kexts (for /E/E and /S/L/E) launch kextutility.
6) THAT'S ALL!!!!
- Now you can quite apply each Apple Update you prefer EXCEPT for 10.6.8. I am not interested on this major update. It prepares the way to LION update modifing several things. I think that for this kind of notebook 10.6.7 it's the maximum about stability.
SUMMARY OF MY STUFF:
KEXTs that I have found/patched and their meaning:
> (S/L/E) VoodooPS2Controller.kext (1.1.0) = I inserted under Plugins ThinkpadUltraNav.kext to enable Ultranav functions (Trackpoint + TouchPad)
> (S/L/E) IONetworkingFamily.kext (1.10) = I have added under Plugins Intel82566MM.kext to enable LAN gigabit
> (S/L/E) VoodooBattery.kext (1.3.3) = instead of AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext which generates random KP, use this Voodoo one: no KP at this moment.
> (S/L/E) IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext (1.0.0d1) = Old kext found on the web, that enable internal Card Reader (RICOH) without problems coping, formatting, ejecting!!! Good work
> (S/L/E) VoodooHDA.kext (0.2.1) = After long time I have found this special version patched from great Slice for a Dell Notebook that enable perfect Internal MIC and offers really great quality on output and Input. External jacks work great too. I have tested other versions (0.2.2, 0.2.54, 2.6.2, 2.7.2, 2.7.3) but they offer poor quality and a lot of distorsions on this codec chip!!!
> (S/L/E) VoodooPowerMini.kext (1.2.7) = Help to enable CPU Speedstepping
> (S/L/E) AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (1.6.26) = Stock Kext from original SL 10.6.7. Using Hex Fiend I have applied ThirdSmile fix provided at this link http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1614226
> (E/E) FakeSMC.kext (4.2.0) = Latest one with these plugins: ACPISensors.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, X3100.kext and I use its HWMonitor.
> (E/E) VoodooTSCSync.kext (1.1) = A special version patched to help to eliminate lapic.c KP
I have prepared a ZIP with all the necessary and uploaded it on OSX86.net at this link: http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2695
MY DSDT patched:
I have extracted my DSDT and applied these fixes using DSDT Editor:
- DTGP, EHCI, SMBUS, HDEF, IOATAFamily, IRQS, LPC, Shutdown fix (intel), PNLF, NEW HPET,
I have created one using Chameleon Wizard app starting from MacBook3,1
DON'T USE GraphicsEnabler or Graphics Mode. The VGA is recognized natively by OSX
<string>-v npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
Because Bildbot isn't working anymore (linked on Chameleon Wizard), I have installed the Built-in one: ver 2.1 svn r1819 without problems
My 2 cents
Please let me know if I forgot something or the explanation isn't clear
h-3.2# lspci -nn
00:00.0 Host bridge : Intel Corporation Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Memory Controller Hub [8086:2a00] (rev 0c)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller : Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2a02] (rev 0c)
00:02.1 Display controller : Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2a03] (rev 0c)
00:19.0 Ethernet controller : Intel Corporation 82566MM Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1049] (rev 03)
00:1a.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 [8086:2834] (rev 03)
00:1a.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 [8086:2835] (rev 03)
00:1a.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 [8086:283a] (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device : Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller [8086:284b] (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 1 [8086:283f] (rev 03)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 2 [8086:2841] (rev 03)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 3 [8086:2843] (rev 03)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 4 [8086:2845] (rev 03)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 5 [8086:2847] (rev 03)
00:1d.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 [8086:2830] (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 [8086:2831] (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 [8086:2832] (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB Controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 [8086:2836] (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge : Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge [8086:2448] (rev f3)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge : Intel Corporation 82801HBM (ICH8M-E) LPC Interface Controller [8086:2811] (rev 03)
00:1f.1 IDE interface : Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) IDE Controller [8086:2850] (rev 03)
00:1f.2 SATA controller : Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) SATA AHCI Controller [8086:2829] (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) SMBus Controller [8086:283e] (rev 03)
03:00.0 Network controller : Broadcom Corporation BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN [14e4:4311] (rev 01)
15:00.0 CardBus bridge : Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II [1180:0476] (rev ba)
15:00.1 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller [1180:0832] (rev 04)
15:00.2 SD Host controller : Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 21)
15:00.3 System peripheral : Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller [1180:0843] (rev 11)
15:00.4 System peripheral : Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter [1180:0592] (rev 11)
15:00.5 System peripheral : Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller [1180:0852] (rev 11)