• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

Wing123

Wing123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I have the same 88E8056 and it works fine in 10.7.4. Make a legacy kext for it, I believe this still works:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=157881

Also there's this that you can use instead of EthernetBuiltIn=y
http://www.projectos...hp?showtopic=60
(read the whole thread first!)

Thanks for this Gringo. Read through it all, but before proceeding decided to reinstall the 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 update again. Lo and behold, ethernet is now working. Not sure why, but perhaps the original install hiccupped along the way. Anyway... all is good here now again, and my P5K-E system is back in full working order.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
My update went flawlessly. I used the Combo update rather than software update since I knew I had to roll back some kexts before rebooting. I rolled back the usual kexts for me -- ACPIPlatform, IOPCI, AppleHDA, and IO80211. It seems like Lion is a bit more responsive now, but I don't see any big changes. Since I have the X3100 GPU, this may be my last OS X update.

EDIT - I had to roll back AppleSMC too in order to get rid of the SMC error others have reported in this thread.

JackButler

JackButler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
after update I randomly get this on start up.

Posted Image

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,047 posts
Randomly, or only if you have entered sleep mode? If so, there is a fix for that.

Diamondsami

Diamondsami

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

DiamondSami,

I tried loading IO80211Family.Kext using Kext Wizard and/or other kext utilities but it will not load. Tried loading with Command Line, same problem. Will work on some more and report.

Yeah I tried a few kexts, new and older, but nothing worked. I had to roll back to 10.7.3, because I can't work without Wi-Fi if you have any solution on that, can you PM me, since I'm not very often in these forums! Thanks!

JackButler

JackButler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Randomly, or only if you have entered sleep mode? If so, there is a fix for that.

Randomly happens on initial startup. I have to hold the power button to shut down and then it re starts fine. I don't use sleep but restart from apple menu works fine too.

Pokeraccio

Pokeraccio

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 16 posts
10.7.3-->10.7.4 by combo, nice and easy, everything ok so far...

mtek

mtek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Mixed feelings here...

My customac mini upgraded fine to 10.7.4 - just had to rollback the applehda.kext.

My asus 1201n never worked again - freezes early at boot.

gwroman

gwroman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

lost networking on GA-X58A-UD3R. Anyone have link to kext I can use? (Realtek RTL8111E chip)

First I turned off network then turn it on next step is to remove IONetworkingFamily.kext from Extra. This worked for me but only for Wi-Fi card, for Ethernet follow the post #32

JamesLittler

JamesLittler

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
I can't get sound back after updating from 10.7.3, rolling back AppleHDA makes no difference.

I'm using ALC889a/885 layoutID 12 (0x0C) with a patched DSDT and a patched AppleHDA, option 14 E from here:
http://www.insanelym...pic=196771&st=0

I found an ALC889 patched AppleHDA for Mountain Lion which enables sound as far as getting the volume icon in the menu bar, but I can actually get any sound out of it.
If I swap the Platforms.xml and layout12.xml from my working 10.7.3 AppleHDA into the 10.7.4 patched AppleHDA I loose the volume menu bar icon.

It seems the format of the layoutXX.xml files has changed slightly, maybe this has something to do with it.

JackButler

JackButler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

I can't get sound back after updating from 10.7.3, rolling back AppleHDA makes no difference.

I'm using ALC889a/885 layoutID 12 (0x0C) with a patched DSDT and a patched AppleHDA, option 14 E from here:
http://www.insanelym...pic=196771&st=0

I found an ALC889 patched AppleHDA for Mountain Lion which enables sound as far as getting the volume icon in the menu bar, but I can actually get any sound out of it.
If I swap the Platforms.xml and layout12.xml from my working 10.7.3 AppleHDA into the 10.7.4 patched AppleHDA I loose the volume menu bar icon.

It seems the format of the layoutXX.xml files has changed slightly, maybe this has something to do with it.

After updates and replacing AppleHDA, try delete - System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches folder then restart.

Pharuk

Pharuk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
After combo update from 10.7.3, roll back AppleHDA. edit ATI4600Controller, rebuild caches and reboot. All good.

daxure

daxure

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Everything went fine from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 only audio AppleHDA.kext was replaced with old one

Posted Image

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,335 posts
:wallbash:
After update i have this problem with speed step

P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 on CPU 0
Speed step don't work

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

try this

p-state=no

dropssdt=yes

and check in bench

good hack

surfcaster

surfcaster

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
Artur, I praise their knowledge and continue their post in here besides olarila but nonetheless I think thatis nothing but a bad patch, you should correct your SSDT tables and check on them the order of the states in descending order from top to bottom,see also that none are missing them, sorry for my English (google)

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,427 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

mag u can try this also

http://olarila.com/f...php?f=10&t=1340

and use one the ssdt tables

apple don't use sandy series k

good hack

surfcaster

surfcaster

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
:thumbsup_anim:

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
PROBLEM:
I have no CMOS reset problem but WAKEUP (after sleep) didnt work anymore .
C2D sleeps = OK , but instead of wake up it reboots the PC.
I never had this problem for years (perhaps in 10.5 time last) and use the AppleRTC patched (also an other 10.7.3 patched which worked well)
What other system kexts can be the problem (because i dont think AppleRTC an be the prob - RTC from 10.7.3 also has same problem in 10.7.4 system)

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,335 posts

hello

mag u can try this also

http://olarila.com/f...php?f=10&t=1340

and use one the ssdt tables

apple don't use sandy series k

good hack

Artur...install this ssdt in my extra and your dsdt?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 10.7.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy