10.7.4 is OUT !

Larx

158 posts in this topic

I updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.4 using Combo update and so far everything going pretty smooth accept for my WiFi card. The kext I was using in 10.7.2 does not work in 10.7.4 for the Dell 1510 Mini-Card I have installed to replace the original installed into my Qosmio X500. I just get "no WIFI Hardware Installed" when I point the mouse over the Wireless icon on the top of screen.

Anyone has the same issue?

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks

I have the same card. I made a modified IO80211Family.kext. Try it out and see if it works for you.

IO80211Family.kext.zip

Cant for the life of me get my kexts in order and copious amounts of deleting have left me with a system with terrible GFX performance out of my

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 and Nvidia 560ti 1024.

My question is could someone tell me with Nvidia and Geforce kexts I should have in my S/L/E folder as I needed to delete a few just to get it to boot as with them in there, the system would have a funky graphics issue on continuous loop at the login screen.

I can post exactly what I deleted a little bit later if it will help. But if someone would kindly upload the new graphics as a base for editing on the new update (As I think I have replaced them) that would be awesome!

Thanks, I have those but when I got to install it says it won't run on my system?

Which kexts am I likely missing? Also I still need to put the updated AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext in there if anyone has an updated one.

Which smbios you use?

i did the update and i lost ethernet , it shows i have no ethernet installed. my mobo is dg43gt with Intel Corporation 82567V-2 Gigabit for my ethernet. if anyone has any info please let me know. thank you.

Sorry , listen me please...but because you use nvidia driver and not grafic enabler in bootplist?

Poi parlare anche in Italiano.

I used both. This is what I did

1. My kexts were broken. I could not boot because it would get to the login screen (Verbose) and all the graphics would go crazy.

2. I deleted geforce.kext, nvidia etc etc etc leaving only Hal100, and geforce.bundle for my card

3. This allowed me to boot into my computer with 1024x768 resolution and minimal card performance.

4. I then used geforce5XX enabler installer for 10.7.2 (I actually have no idea if this did anything or not)

5. I then replaced NVHal100, geforce.bundle (Which was patched previously for my graphics card 560ti and fermi etc) and ApplePowerManagement

6. Rebooted, and my graphics card was coming up listed as a 440 GT with less than desirable performance.

7. Deleted Natit.kext, and extracted the installer from the above Nvidia link (As running it normally said it wasn't able to install)

Rebooted and voila. Resolution back, proper card and max performance with QE/Ci and fermi.

i did the update and i lost ethernet , it shows i have no ethernet installed. my mobo is dg43gt with Intel Corporation 82567V-2 Gigabit for my ethernet. if anyone has any info please let me know. thank you.

Restore IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.7.3, see if that makes a difference.

Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L updated (I'm always lazy when it comes on to software updates)

Had to patch AppleHDA like usual and run a perl command to get my 6870 back into motion. I must say though, these updates just keep getting smoother and smoother..

Here another spaghetti-pizza-mandolino speaking :D

Just updated to 10.7.4 on my inspiron 1545.

After software update I've got KP so I rolled back my AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext (I don't really know if it was necessary), and IO80211Family.kext to the 10.6.7 versions and the AppleHDA.kext to the 10.6.2 version.

Now everything's back ok.

Tried new version of IO80211Family.kext with the old AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext plugin with my dev id but I've got no wifi card was detected.

Upgraded from 10.7.3 on my HP 6730b:

- KP with ACPIThermal.kext (removed).

- KP with AppleHDA.kext (removed).

- Rebuild system caches and all went fine except:

- Battery has "X" sign (VoodooBattery)

in kernel log: AppleACPIBatteryManager:getBatteryBST(0xE00002BC) continuoslly ... still investigating.

Thx for the advice. The error msg stopped but the battery icon still has the X symbol.

Also, I get KP with some apps like "System Info" and also if I try to list the loaded kexts from within Kext Wizard app. Sounds like this KP occurs with some data scanning actions. This is the kernel log for the KP:

Resetting IOCatalogue.

USBF: 3044.501 AppleUSBEHCI[0xf970800]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource

USBF: 3044.501 AppleUSBEHCI[0xf970800]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

USBF: 3044.503 AppleUSBEHCI[0xf62a000]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource

USBF: 3044.503 AppleUSBEHCI[0xf62a000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

Any other good advice ? :)