How Do You Do This?

iHacker

41 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone I Got The iAtkosL2 and I have this appleacpiplatform.kext thats bad in that iatkosl2 image.

so what im wondering is i have the new appleacpiplatform.kext all i got to do is replace it with the only thing is how when ever i mount i get a pic of a lion not any folders or files so im kinda.... clueless?

PLS HELP! TYVM

Try to search for showing hidden and system files. That worked for me.

(I searched for it instead)

Write that in terminal:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

Then:

killall Finder

And it will work :)

• Like 1

ok i found where to put the kext its just that its not letting me put that kext help!

Update i found where it goes and everything its just that mac wont let me drop the kext into the disc/dmg!

The dmg isn't editable. You'll need to restore it to a USB which is at least 8 GB, and then edit it through there. That's what I'm doing now. I had to buy a new 8 GB thumbdrive today.

y not :-(

i mean like is that what im supposed to do because when i look in the extensions folder i cant find apci buttons!

do i just replace the kext?

how did ur install go?

This is very confusing - you posted 2 topics on basically the same issue, and brought up the issue in the other one! I deleted one of the copies. Please do not do that in the future.

Your issue has absolutely nothing to do with "ACPI buttons" or whatever. Boot with npci=0x2000 and see what happens.

BTW, whenever you use a distro you will run into issues like this. Install Snow Leopard with the OSx86 ModCD (see the guide in my signature) and install retail Lion from there. My 2¢.

• Like 2

This is very confusing - you posted 2 topics on basically the same issue, and brought up the issue in the other one! I deleted one of the copies. Please do not do that in the future.

Your issue has absolutely nothing to do with "ACPI buttons" or whatever. Boot with npci=0x2000 and see what happens.

BTW, whenever you use a distro you will run into issues like this. Install Snow Leopard with the OSx86 ModCD (see the guide in my signature) and install retail Lion from there. My 2¢.

Well, even your ModCD doesn't work for 18% as said in the poll.. .___.

That's only 2 people. :) Only 11 have voted overall. I've installed it on 4 different builds without a hitch. :) No install solution is going to be perfect; I believe that the ModCD is currently the best Snow Leopard option available.

Oh, and by the way those 2 never posted in my thread for help.

• Like 1

That's only 2 people. :) Only 11 have voted overall. I've installed it on 4 different builds without a hitch. :) No install solution is going to be perfect; I believe that the ModCD is currently the best Snow Leopard option available.

Oh, and by the way those 2 never posted in my thread for help.

I see. So ModCD Lion is already released but it's not free?

and install

retail

Lion from there. My 2¢.

No, I'm working on the Lion ModCD. :) I'm justing working on some of the patching scripts...a little difficult to figure out. ;) If any Perl or shell scripters are around I could use the help. :)

Basically I'm adding graphics auto detection as well as some extra enablers/drivers that will also be auto detected. And updating Chameleon since the current version cannot boot Lion.

Okay Okay Okay First of All This was not my first error my first error was just appleacpiplatform.kext not executable so i replace it and this is what happens second of all ive been using the newest version the netkas mod cd and if i try with npci nothing happens and other times i try it i get a black screen which is what i get if i boot directly into iatkos l2 so what should i do?

k ill try that and get back 2 u

hey just wanted to let u know how i boot i boot nawcom mod cd then i rd(0,0)Extra/Extensions/modbin_kernel mach_kernel npci=0x3000 -v busratio =14 THat is the correct order righT?

Close, but...

You're defining two kernels. Stick with the modbin_kernel or mach_kernel, not both. The rest is OK.